2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex

jcgoble3

Hendrick, thank you for sharing! I think you're the first person in this topic who has recorded contacting the park with their concern and shared the results. Also, I couldn't agree with you more about being polite. Having worked in Customer Service myself before at many jobs, courtesy from a customer goes a long way and helps both sides better understand the situation.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while in the past i took full advantage of ERT (ride wise), i dont see me tryin for rides on WindSeeker & Vortex. now what i do see for me is usin the time to get photo's of the general area w/o much to no interference from guest blocking a shot. you pay extra for the ERT, while the rides may not be what you desire; you do have other options with your time. plus there is more to a park then just the rides btw.

You do not PAY EXTRA for ERT. It's included with a GOLD Pass, or Platiumim pass, not even just KI Plantium passes. Wow!

I still don't believe that this is true, however, if it SHOULD turn out to be true, I WILL go rogue on both rides. I will boycott both rides for this season

and break with tradition and NOT ride the new ride at KI at ALL during the entire first season! Vortex is TOTALLY un-re-rideable! There is NO WAY I will

sit on THAT for 15 rides without getting out on a Saturday morning! Who in their right mind would even WANT to do that? I would have such a headache,

I would not want to ride ANY coaster or ride for 2 weeks if I had to endure that! I will ride the CP version of WindSeeker to see what I think of the ride, but

I will NOT Ride KI's and I will poo poo the ride to everyone and say it was the worst ride KI got, if they decide to have ERT on it! What a waste of valuable time

to have ERT on THOSE! Sheesh!

Please tell me your not being serious. Wow!

Remember, KI, you have three main sources of income:

1) the Gold Pass enthusiasts, who don't spend much per visit, but visit a lot and spend a lot over the course of a season, and more importantly, boost attendance numbers so FUN can have a pretty annual report.

2) the large groups and corporate groups

3) the once-a-year tourists or casual families that pay full price for admission and buy one of everything in the park.

Groups 2) and 3) are a non-factor in ERT determination. Group 1 is EVERYTHING in ERT determination. Listen to us and give us some love.

Actually you have it backwards. Families are the target market and main source of income for the park. Season pass holders are where the park breaks even or loses money.

while in the past i took full advantage of ERT (ride wise), i dont see me tryin for rides on WindSeeker & Vortex. now what i do see for me is usin the time to get photo's of the general area w/o much to no interference from guest blocking a shot. you pay extra for the ERT, while the rides may not be what you desire; you do have other options with your time. plus there is more to a park then just the rides btw.

You do not PAY EXTRA for ERT. It's included with a GOLD Pass, or Platiumim pass, not even just KI Plantium passes. Wow!

technically you do pay for the ert (from the viewpoint rotag's using), when you buy a platinum or gold pass you pay more than you do for a regular pass. after doing so you get free parking, free admission, and any "vip" perks including ert. :)

Boycotting rides is pretty ridiculous. I'm upset about this change and I feel ripped off, but I'm not about to handicap my visits to Kings Island by not riding something. If you feel ticked off about one thing, then why ruin the experience for yourself even more?

Hendrick, it's good to hear that other people have been calling. Hopefully these "select days" will come pretty often. Perhaps open Diamondback and The Beast Saturday and open Vortex and WindSeeker every other day? Probably wishful thinking, but it's a thought.

technically you do pay for the ert (from the viewpoint rotag's using), when you buy a platinum or gold pass you pay more than you do for a regular pass. after doing so you get free parking, free admission, and any "vip" perks including ert. :)

If you want to get technical, you pay for the Gold Pass perks whatever they may be as they are subject to change at Cedar Fair's discretion. So, no, you do not specifically pay for ERT. It has just been part of the package of perks that you do pay for.

Also, as has been pointed out, most of the people complaining here probably bought their passes at the time when there was no price differential between the regular and gold passes. If these people disagree with the change, that's fine. But they should really stop complaining about having "paid extra" because that is in no way true.

If you want to get technical, you pay for the Gold Pass perks whatever they may be as they are subject to change at Cedar Fair's discretion. So, no, you do not specifically pay for ERT. It has just been part of the package of perks that you do pay for.

Also, as has been pointed out, most of the people complaining here probably bought their passes at the time when there was no price differential between the regular and gold passes. If these people disagree with the change, that's fine. But they should really stop complaining about having "paid extra" because that is in no way true.

well, you could have only the choice of a one (or two day ticket) & a season pass that just gets you into the park. they could have did away with gold that has extras like ert, parking, discounts on select shops; & they could have also did away with platinum were it is same as gold but with the added extra of getting into other Cedar Fair parks. it used to be that way for years, & if management thinks there loosing money that way, they can easily take those extras away.

Please call (513) 754 5700 during regular business hours. Push 0 to get to a human. As mentioned before "Be Polite" and let them know we would very much like to ride Beast/DB as often as possible before the park opens to the GP. The person I talked to seemed like they had been fielding calls about this all day. Maybe there will be persuasion in numbers.

If you don't care, have fun going around in circles all season.

I am very disappointed in some of you resorting to personal attacks on me. I don't believe in ANY of what I said here, I ever mentioned someone else who posts on here, and made fun

of them for what they write. I may have disagreed or questioned one person on their comment, but it was NOT a personal attack on THEM! That is extremely childish, like bringing up that

I was angry over some things that happened at Haunt, and I felt like if Kings Island could not do a better job than that to take care of the bad situations that Haunt brings, that they

don't deserve to even have that event. That is how I feel. There is no reason to lay down personal attacks on me, because I feel that way. I have NEVER called out one particular person

by name, even when they said snide remarks to me or about me. I am not going to call them out by name here. YES, if KI makes this move to not include DB or Beast in the ERT session,

but to include rides I couldn't care less about, I will be VERY angry at them. There is nothing wrong with me feeling this way. They would be doing something I don't approve of, and

I can be angry with them and not spend money at KI because of it, if I am that angry over it. There is nothing WRONG with me feeling that way, or doing that. It's a Free Country, is it not?

If I choose to NOT ride WindSeeker because of it, that is MY perogative, and I have that right. If I choose to tell others to not ride it, that's my right too! The ones I say that to, they can

choose to either go along with me, or ignore me, and that is their choice as well. I wont be mad at them if they decide to not listen to my suggestions. I don't understand why those of

you that have decided to attack me personally, feel that you had to do so because you disagree with what I said. I know it may not be what some of you would decide, but if you want to

say so, just say "Hey, sorry you feel that way, and sorry you won't get to experience WindSeeker, but I am not going to let that ruin my fun", and I will say, "That's ok by me, that is your

choice!" I don't appreciated comments like, "Oh, that's the same guy who told Kings Island to stop having Haunt, he's a wacko!" Getting angry over someone's poor decision does NOT

make for a wacko, folks!

Please call (513) 754 5700 during regular business hours. Push 0 to get to a human. As mentioned before "Be Polite" and let them know we would very much like to ride Beast/DB as often as possible before the park opens to the GP. The person I talked to seemed like they had been fielding calls about this all day. Maybe there will be persuasion in numbers.

Good to know more and more people are calling. Maybe the park can find a middle ground that satisfies everybody.

I am very disappointed in some of you resorting to personal attacks on me. I don't believe in ANY of what I said here, I ever mentioned someone else who posts on here, and made fun

of them for what they write. I may have disagreed or questioned one person on their comment, but it was NOT a personal attack on THEM! That is extremely childish, like bringing up that

I was angry over some things that happened at Haunt, and I felt like if Kings Island could not do a better job than that to take care of the bad situations that Haunt brings, that they

don't deserve to even have that event. That is how I feel. There is no reason to lay down personal attacks on me, because I feel that way. I have NEVER called out one particular person

by name, even when they said snide remarks to me or about me. I am not going to call them out by name here. YES, if KI makes this move to not include DB or Beast in the ERT session,

but to include rides I couldn't care less about, I will be VERY angry at them. There is nothing wrong with me feeling this way. They would be doing something I don't approve of, and

I can be angry with them and not spend money at KI because of it, if I am that angry over it. There is nothing WRONG with me feeling that way, or doing that. It's a Free Country, is it not?

If I choose to NOT ride WindSeeker because of it, that is MY perogative, and I have that right. If I choose to tell others to not ride it, that's my right too! The ones I say that to, they can

choose to either go along with me, or ignore me, and that is their choice as well. I wont be mad at them if they decide to not listen to my suggestions. I don't understand why those of

you that have decided to attack me personally, feel that you had to do so because you disagree with what I said. I know it may not be what some of you would decide, but if you want to

say so, just say "Hey, sorry you feel that way, and sorry you won't get to experience WindSeeker, but I am not going to let that ruin my fun", and I will say, "That's ok by me, that is your

choice!" I don't appreciated comments like, "Oh, that's the same guy who told Kings Island to stop having Haunt, he's a wacko!" Getting angry over someone's poor decision does NOT

make for a wacko, folks!

I just don't see how boycotting WindSeeker is going to make Diamondback come back for ERT. Why not let someone at the park know your opinion instead of ruining your experience even more? I, like you, want the old ERT setup again. I don't understand why you wouldn't call the park and let them know your opinion instead of just going off on a tirade. Work with the park to get the experience you want, don't work against them.

Good to know more and more people are calling. Maybe the park can find a middle ground that satisfies everybody.

make for a wacko, folks!

I just don't see how boycotting WindSeeker is going to make Diamondback come back for ERT. Why not let someone at the park know your opinion instead of ruining your experience even more? I, like you, want the old ERT setup again. I don't understand why you wouldn't call the park and let them know your opinion instead of just going off on a tirade. Work with the park to get the experience you want, don't work against them.

Now, that is a very constructive suggestion! Thank you. Nothing insulting about that. I will do that! I appreciate the suggestion, and appreciate how it was given!

ERT on DB made my visits last year. It set the tone for an awesome day and I rave about KI all the time. I can't imagine having as much fun w/out it. I'm sad.

I do feel ripped off because DB ERT was the main thing I was looking forward to at KI this year. I just feel like CF jerks our chain way too much. RWCW 2010 anyone. 'Oh we're definitely (a month later insert not) going to have it.'

The park's really going to notice when one person boycott's WindSeeker, because they didn't get their precious 15 rides on Diamondback in the morning. :rolleyes:

Going to the park, for me, isn't about how many rides I can cram into one day, how fast I run from one ride to another. It's about enjoying my time at the park by taking my time, and enjoying the atmosphere, and appreciating each ride. Maybe that's why I don't really mind that the ERT schedule has changed.

I guarantee the only people calling and complaining are enthusiasts. I don't see them changing anything.

Two people in this thread (before me) have admitted to called and complaining. It was more then clear that I was more then the 3rd person to call (to that operator). It more so seems like it's the enthusiast who are for the change.

I guarantee the only people calling and complaining are enthusiasts. I don't see them changing anything.

At least not until one of these enthusiasts contacts an attorney and the park is looking at a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the people who got "bait and switched."

HAHA! That's the best thing I've read in this whole thread!

Kudos to those that called KI to voice their concern over this issue - you made your voice heard and while it may or may not make a difference that is all you can do.

And to those in this thread that say the park isn't going to listen to a few fanboys/enthusiasts, you might be right - those of us that post on these boards are not the general public or even the general gold pass holder, we are not a major source of revenue for the park, and we may at times be overly critical of the park. But I'd also remind you that having a loyal fanbase can also be beneficial for the park - fanboys/enthusiasts advocate and advertise for the park (anyone convinced others to buy a pass before? anyone talked up Kings Island before?) and have also voiced their opinion in support of the park (Nov 23, 2009 and Feb 8, 2010 - Mason City Hall come to mind).

Not saying KI will or should change anything, do believe they should at least listen to the concerns and evaluate.

Hey Ethusiasts are a big portion of KI's revenue.

I'd venture to say that Enthusiasts are not a big portion of KI's revenue. The shear number of families that visit the park on a daily basis are most likely the ones spending more money to feed multiple people. Now I understand the dissatisfaction among the people that were hoping for DB and Beast ERT this year when purchasing their Passes, but I really don't understand how many didn't see ERT for the SHINY, NEW ride coming! I would have been utterly shocked if the park had left WindSeeker out of ERT to sit in the back corner of the park until 10am. It's the new ride, why not show it off.

On a side note, of the roughly 5,500 members of KIC if everyone were to spend $20 in the park in a day, that would be $110,000. I know some members on here have families so they could theoretically spend more, or less for just a single person.

My point is, I'd venture to say, given the current prices in the park, enthusiasts make up just a small chunk of what the park pulls in daily.

tycoon(Bet people wouldn't be upset if this was a brand new coaster and Vortex ERT)rebel7188

A theme or amusement park is a work in progress. Decisions are made by people, people who change, varying people over time. Decisions are ideally monitored, and changed on the fly, to maximize safety, patron enjoyment, efficiency, minimize costs and most importantly to a business deeply in debt, generate cash flow to pay down debt (and/or pay distributions to quirky and non-quirky unit holders alike). Feedback is an important part of that process, but so is reality. IF this change can be seen to have caused lower attendance, per caps, etc., then it will be modified. Or not. Note that per caps keep falling at FUN, but....still no overall discounts for pass holders, still high cost/low quality food (which results in droves of people leaving the park to eat...or worse, many not coming at all...), etc.

Enthusiasts complain about Flight Deck's paint job. Paint Job happens.

A B

That does not mean B caused A. Classic case of "after this, because of this." The paint job may have already been planned. I sincerely doubt that Flight Deck got painted solely because of enthusiast complaints. In fact, I doubt they had ANY input into that.

Corrosion issues. General park appearance. Scheduled maintenance. But enthusiast complaints causing Flight Deck to be painted? Get real. It also happened after the neighbors' dog ate a Tootsie Roll!

Or...for comparison, how many years now have enthusiasts been complaining about Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure? And what has been the result? If it gets painted next year, will you then think enthusiasts' complaints caused it? Not hardly. Not at all.

One last thing...Flight Deck got painted after I reread We The Living. My reading of We The Living did not cause that!

That does not mean B caused A. Classic case of "after this, because of this." The paint job may have already been planned. I sincerely doubt that Flight Deck got painted solely because of enthusiast complaints. In fact, I doubt they had ANY input into that.

Maybe not only because of enthusiast complaints, but I doubt that they had nothing to do with it either. Could have been planned, waiting to happen. It just seemed off the wall considering that Coney is the area of the park getting all of the improvements, then suddenly the punch line of every ugly ride joke gets coat of paint.

Now I understand the dissatisfaction among the people that were hoping for DB and Beast ERT this year when purchasing their Passes, but I really don't understand how many didn't see ERT for the SHINY, NEW ride coming! I would have been utterly shocked if the park had left WindSeeker out of ERT to sit in the back corner of the park until 10am. It's the new ride, why not show it off.

tycoon(Bet people wouldn't be upset if this was a brand new coaster and Vortex ERT)rebel7188

Here's a list of Cedar Points early rides, prepare to be UTTERLY SHOCKED:

Millennium Force, Raptor, Maverick, Iron Dragon, Planet Snoopy (seven rides)

http://www.cedarpoin...point_perks.cfm

Notice something missing? Why aren't they showing the SHINEY, NEW ride off as you put it?

Also "hoping" had nothing to do with DB/Beast ERT's. When many peoples' gold/platinum passes were purchased, it was advertised!!!

I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, just reiterating points missed by people who are posting comments that have obviously not read this whole thread.

At least not until one of these enthusiasts contacts an attorney and the park is looking at a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the people who got "bait and switched."

I hope you're not serious. There is no basis for a lawsuit here. CF has every right to switch or discontinue the ERT perk any time they want. Read the fine print.

Now I understand the dissatisfaction among the people that were hoping for DB and Beast ERT this year when purchasing their Passes, but I really don't understand how many didn't see ERT for the SHINY, NEW ride coming! I would have been utterly shocked if the park had left WindSeeker out of ERT to sit in the back corner of the park until 10am. It's the new ride, why not show it off.

Here's a list of Cedar Points early rides, prepare to be UTTERLY SHOCKED:

Millennium Force, Raptor, Maverick, Iron Dragon, Planet Snoopy (seven rides)

http://www.cedarpoin...point_perks.cfm

Notice something missing? Why aren't they showing the SHINEY, NEW ride off as you put it?

Also "hoping" had nothing to do with DB/Beast ERT's. When many peoples' gold/platinum passes were purchased, it was advertised!!!

I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, just reiterating points missed by people who are posting comments that have obviously not read this whole thread.

That site also says it's for 2010. They probably will just change it to 2011 but as of now, that's for 2010.