Kings Island: What's New?

Coney Islander

Has anyone else noticed at Coney Mall Potato Works on there sign they spelled famous wrong? Its spelled famouse. Wonder if it was a mistake or on purpose?

I thought it was on purpose, but the sign at RPW is spelled right.

qPyU2.jpg

Remember, we've had an "Airbrush Tee's" sign for quite a while...

k0xml.jpg

38-thunder-alley.jpg_920.jpg

Seems like spelling on sign's isn't exactly King's Islands strong pointe.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When riding DB yesterday i noticed right before you enter the station after riding some of the snake paint from one of the cars seems to have fallen off already i could see parts of the paint on the chain link fence under the cars on the right side far back...random observation :-). also i thought the part of The Beast they re tracked seemed alot smoother kudos

This is kind of unrelated, but I thought this was kind of ironic......

From Kings Island's Twitter: "Cincinnati MINI getting ready for their Road Rally at the park this morning."

Maybe they should ask them for some licensing discounts..:lol:

KIBOB, jumping through the window.

From Kings Island's Twitter: "Cincinnati MINI getting ready for their Road Rally at the park this morning."

My mouth dropped when I approached the Backlot Stunt Coaster and saw the sign outside of the entrance greeting the MINI Road Rally participants, with a big fat MINI logo stamped on it... Yes, this "event" was centered on the Backlot Stunt Coaster!

If there's some sort of partnership between the two companies, you'd think that even a discounted licensing fee would be achievable. But apparently, there's a whole lot of name-dropping with not a lot of work. The park gets to host the MINI event, and yet doesn't pay to use the MINI image anymore! That's like hosting a Tomb Raider gaming event in The Crypt's queue, or having a showing of "Drop Zone" in Drop Tower's queue house... Rubbin' that salt in the wound, aren't they? :wacko:

My mouth dropped when I approached the Backlot Stunt Coaster and saw the sign outside of the entrance greeting the MINI Road Rally participants, with a big fat MINI logo stamped on it... Yes, this "event" was centered on the Backlot Stunt Coaster!

If there's some sort of partnership between the two companies, you'd think that even a discounted licensing fee would be achievable. But apparently, there's a whole lot of name-dropping with not a lot of work. The park gets to host the MINI event, and yet doesn't pay to use the MINI image anymore! That's like hosting a Tomb Raider gaming event in The Crypt's queue, or having a showing of "Drop Zone" in Drop Tower's queue house... Rubbin' that salt in the wound, aren't they? :wacko:

Let's remember... there's a great divide between BMW corporate, BMW's marketing folks, and the local BMW Dealers Association. I'm sure that the licensing requests must be flown much higher up the flagpole.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Road Rally was organized by a by an outside marketing / events contractor hired by BMW.

Oh of course. Still one must admit - to center the event around a six year old family roller coaster that used to have BMW's MINI Coopers is more than coincidence...

Oh, the ride still has those Coopers, only now they look like they went for the $99 special at Maaco. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word of warning, Coney Mall Potato Works DOES NOT serve the same fries as Rivertown Potato Works. We were eating at Outer Hank's on Sunday, and my sister wanted RPW fries. I told her that she could get them at Coney Potato Works across from Racer. What she brought back were thin fries, which were very disappointing in their quality. They were still fried in peanut oil, but they were not the thick cut fries. She was going to complain to GR about the change, but I suggested that we take notice of the fries when we walk by RPW to see if those had changed first before she complained. We eventually made it to that part of the park, and RPW does still has the same thick cut fries that they've had in years past.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more new things:

Fake smoke during the "Red Baron" scene in Snoopy Rocks on Ice

Delirium and Drop Zone now have their own "theme music" of sorts... During the ride cycle on Delirium, they play "Song 2" by Blur, and on Drop Tower, it's "Right Now" by Van Halen.

The dramatic opening of "Right Now" as you're going up on Drop Tower really adds a lot to the ride in my opinion and the "Woohoo!" parts of "Song 2" make Delirium more fun :)