X-Base Idea

diamondhawk

Tell me if I'm crazy, but is there any way that Action Zone and X-Base could be combined. Many people want an Action Zone update and an X-Base expansion so I think that this could take care of both. Kings Island could possibly add a couple new rides and advertise it as an all new area. But the Son of Beast decision could effect my idea...

Even if Son of Beast were demolished, that seems like a pretty far distance to me. If the entire added pathway contained new rides, buildings, bathrooms, restaurants, and a cohesive theme it could be done. But as is, that seems like an expensive nightmare of sorts to extend the park out into that terrain to connect the two.

screenshot20120102at200.png

It does pose the interesting question of what is to become of the fort. Mr. Kinzel couldn't bear it being named Fort Cooper (after he learned, after it was posted here, for whom it was named...in fact, some sly poster here posted the reason, suspecting the garrison would then be quickly renamed. It was. )

Or, perish the thought, will the edifice, without being renamed, honor a new KI GM transplanted from a park a bit further south, speaking of sonny (thus making paternal visits a bit easier in his dotage)?

Or, will the place become a fort named for someone else we met?

• Like 3

I don't really see how you could connect them. The distance between the two is very far, unless they used the some of the maintenance roads. But then they would have to pave them, add lights, facilities, and add new maintenance roads. Plus trying to navigate that would be a pain in the butt. I would love to see the two areas expanded, but I don't think connecting them would be the greatest idea.

It does pose the interesting question of what is to become of the fort. Mr. Kinzel couldn't bear it being named Fort Cooper (after he learned, after it was posted here, for whom it was named...in fact, some sly poster here posted the reason, suspecting the garrison would then be quickly renamed. It was. )

Kinzel got his name on the front, but if you know where to look in X-Base, JGC still has her name out there.

The Dominion Flight of Fear, did it receive the same treatment?

It does pose the interesting question of what is to become of the fort. Mr. Kinzel couldn't bear it

being named Fort Cooper (after he learned, after it was posted here, for whom it was named...in fact, some sly poster here posted the reason, suspecting the garrison would then be quickly renamed. It was. )

Kinzel got his name on the front, but if you know where to look in X-Base, JGC still has her name out there.

The Dominion Flight of Fear, did it receive the

same treatment?

It did, though the radar tower still stands there.

Guest TombraiderTy

Following the pre-existing maintenance road that passes underneath Adventure Express' queue / exit and ending around Thunder Alley's entrance, this new pathway would be approximately a quarter mile - about equivalent to the length of Coney Mall. Unlike Coney Mall, however, the terrain for this proposed Action Zone / X-Base expansion is very hilly and steep. Also, Coney Mall wasn't built in a single season (as I'm assuming this new pathway would supposedly be) - it started off at less than half the length in 1972 before being expanded several different times (1975, 1981 and 1994).

Also, beyond the area next to Flight of Fear, this new pathway would lack the room for expansion. Adventure Express is up against the pathway on one side, while buildings, pathways and rides are on the other. Son of Beast may be somewhat in the area, but it's on the opposite side of Adventure Express. And if you wanted to place a pathway on the pre-existing maintenance road that passes underneath Son of Beast, you're now talking about over half-a-mile to connect Action Zone and X-Base. That'd be a monstrous expansion project which would require new paving, lighting, plumbing, electrical wiring, etc.

The radar tower at KI`s Flight of Fear was taken down not too long ago. I wonder why they took it out.

Yes, the J.G. C. 96 logo still can be spotted on one corner of the building at KI.

The thing X Base really needs more than anything else is a restroom. I think if they were to throw in a restroom, maybe a small food stand, and a flat ride on the triangular piece of land between Flight of Fear, Racer and Adventure Express, then they could have a real hit. And on that subject, I don`t think we will ever see X Base connected to Action Zone. A more likely scenario, if they add a ride in the location I named above, would be to connect the path right by the Jacob`s ladder game, between the exit of The Racer and Adventure Express. That seems a lot more feasible than building a path out behind Adventure Express, where there are steep grade changes.

• Like 1

not to mention that we are talking bout KI, where most park patrons are used to a somewhat level ground with slight elevation changes; its not like dollywood/holiday world/silver dollar city where most of its landscape is a physical work-out to go from one area of the park, to another w/o taking time out inbetween rides.

which brings me to another question:

"anyone else notice that there are fewer park bench's in KI during this past season?"

not to mention that we are talking bout KI, where most park patrons are used to a somewhat level ground with slight elevation changes; its not like dollywood/holiday world/silver dollar city where most of its landscape is a physical work-out to go from one area of the park, to another w/o taking time out inbetween rides.

which brings me to another question:

"anyone else notice that there are fewer park bench's in KI during this past season?"

I wished they would of had more bench's outside where we waited at so we could wait for the others to get makeup on and stuff for the Haunt.

The area where the helicopter rides were is approximately where the exit/photo booth for Firehawk currently stands.

I have never been to SFoG. I hope to be able to make a trip down there this summer. I also want to check out the World of Coke while down there.

Or, perish the thought, will the edifice, without being renamed, honor a new KI GM transplanted from a park a bit further south, speaking of sonny (thus making paternal visits a bit easier in his dotage)?

Or, will the place become a fort named for someone else we met?

Dick Kinzel? Vain? Noooooooo.

nANcW.jpg

• Like 1