What some people do on rides

BB1

Some people cant wait to do some of the most outragest things on rides! What is the wierdest/awesome thing that you have seen someone doing on a ride? I once saw a man looking at his phone on a ride, i think he was typing a text or something!

No.....To think that is like thinking that unicorns neigh out rainbows, BB1 who does not partake in phone technology, but enjoys the ride! Probably*

To be honest I text while on rides all the time... but its when its over and just sitting on the brake run.

Now that I think is acceptable at a park thats not KI, he was doing whatever on the first drop.

Some of the craziest I've seen:

Rehearsed, synchronized "overreaction" on Adventure Express by about 12 guys as it pulled out of the station. Same words, arm movements, etc. "Aaah! Make it stop! We're gonna die! Aaaaaaaaaah!"

Dork in front car on same ride, reaching up with his finger and acting like he's getting a little sample of the "lava" bucket in the monkey temple. Yeah I call it the monkey temple. Whaddya gonna do about it? :ph34r:

Choir kids (trying to) sing Train while riding the BLSC. ...("Hey, soul sister, ain't that 'Mister [launch] Mistoooooowwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!")

• Like 1

The evening of opening day, this group of college students marathoned Adventure Express something like ten times in a row because of the nonexistent line. Towards the end of that marathon, they started yelling random things as the train left the station, such as "FOR NARNIA!" I'm pretty sure the ride op asked the people who finally entered the line a couple minutes before closing to get in line for their rows so they would leave.

...I may or may not have been one of said college students.

Pretty sure that night was one of the best times I've had at KI in recent memory.

• Like 1

You know that awesome moment on The Beast where the timing is just right and you see another train going down the first hill right before you pull up into the final break run? Everybody waves and smiles and laughs.

This happened to me a few times, but on one particular occasion, a kid a couple rows behind me decided to throw a basketball at the oncoming train. It hit one of the supports and shot off in the other direction.

Now a few points:

1. How the hell did he get on the ride with a basketball? It was one of the smaller ones that you can win as a prize, but still.

2. Kids are idiots. I know for a fact that I wasn't that much of an idiot when I was younger. I blame hip hop music. (kidding about that last part... Kind of. )

3. Kings Island security guards are boss because for whatever reason they were waiting outside of the station for the little punk when he got off the ride. I have no idea how they found out so quickly, but they were there.

- Collin

monkey temple. Yeah I call it the monkey temple. Whaddya gonna do about it? :ph34r:

I call it the fist pump temple....

Its always fun to do stupid stuff on rides... synchronized dancing, yelling strange things, etc... haha :)

Especially when its in dark tunnels in the back and when your on a kid ride and start screaming like your freaked out!

• Like 1

3. Kings Island security guards are boss because for whatever reason they were waiting outside of the station for the little punk when he got off the ride. I have no idea how they found out so quickly, but they were there.

- Collin

Closed-circuit surveillance is your friend.

:ph34r:

Throwing objects of any kind at an occupied, moving vehicle constitutes assault. I hope they threw the book at... I mean, carefully opened the book and administered level, fair justice upon said miscreant.

• Like 2

- Collin

Throwing objects of any kind at an occupied, moving vehicle constitutes assault. I hope they threw the book at... I mean, carefully opened the book and administered level, fair justice upon said miscreant.

Or perhaps they should just throw the book at him. After all, that's essentially what he did to someone else. Eye for an eye, anyone? ;)

- Collin

Or perhaps they should just throw the book at him. After all, that's essentially what he did to someone else. Eye for an eye, anyone? ;)

He should spend a day laying down in Diamondback's debris net. ;)

• Like 1

- Collin

He should spend a day laying down in Diamondback's debris net. ;)

And or make him be forced to listen to nyan cat for a couple of hours, better yet the troll song!

Use of your cel phone while riding whether texting or talking is both against park rules and downright dangerous to your fellow riders-your phone can fly out of your hands and seriously injure another rider. We have repeatedly discussed this on other threads.

oops-just noticed that the poster who said he texts while riding waits for the ride to stop. Sorry I didn't read your post carefully.

^ And your point is? Maybe they really do see it.

His point (I'd assume) is that he finds it either weird or awesome. That is the question raised by the OP of the topic.

ill take "what he said" for $500.

rotag, who loves to keep people guessing in lifes little guessing game.

Some of the craziest I've seen:

Rehearsed, synchronized "overreaction" on Adventure Express by about 12 guys as it pulled out of the station. Same words, arm movements, etc. "Aaah! Make it stop! We're gonna die! Aaaaaaaaaah!"

Dork in front car on same ride, reaching up with his finger and acting like he's getting a little sample of the "lava" bucket in the monkey temple. Yeah I call it the monkey temple. Whaddya gonna do about it? :ph34r:

Choir kids (trying to) sing Train while riding the BLSC. ...("Hey, soul sister, ain't that 'Mister [launch] Mistoooooowwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!")

And yet, you saw no one do the AE Tiki dance?

• Like 1

You know that awesome moment on The Beast where the timing is just right and you see another train going down the first hill right before you pull up into the final break run? Everybody waves and smiles and laughs.

This happened to me a few times, but on one particular occasion, a kid a couple rows behind me decided to throw a basketball at the oncoming train. It hit one of the supports and shot off in the other direction.

Now a few points:

1. How the hell did he get on the ride with a basketball? It was one of the smaller ones that you can win as a prize, but still.

2. Kids are idiots. I know for a fact that I wasn't that much of an idiot when I was younger. I blame hip hop music. (kidding about that last part... Kind of. )

- Collin

My daughter just missed being hit with a basketball on Beast a few years ago on the second drop. That is why those darn basketballs need to be out of the park.

Funniest occurence on a ride? Approx. 1985 we had just reached the top of KCKC-and some 12 year old (guess) was standing up and taking a leak from the boat. Far as I know, nothing was done.

• Like 1

Number One, something should have been done.

I actually saw a kid dive into the flume chute at Americana. A security guard fished him out. That thing was so turbulent he's fortunate he survived.

I am wondering if they had cameras back then, and number two boys urinating in inappropriate places in the park happens more often than you could imagine.