Photo's from Stricker's 2012

Hendrick

This past Wednesday I headed down to Stricker's Grove with my girlfriend. This is our third trip there, and the second time we attended the 4H fair. The only other time we went was last year during the Customer Appreciation Day. While the 4H fair is slightly more expensive and it doesn't have the freebe's that the other days do, it does offer almost non-existant waits for rides. We got to the park around 5pm which is when the rides opened. Off we went to Tornado. First thing I noticed was that two of the nine rows in the train (1-3 and 2-1) were not working. We took our seat in the very last row, and off we went. While I wouldn't even come close to calling this ride rough, it did have a touch of jack hammering at the bottom of the first drop in the very last row, which I don't remember it having last year. However, this was the only seat that I experienced it in. "The Cliff" still gives you that familiar jolt. We headed back to the station, but since there was no one in line, the train didn't even stop, and we went around for the second lap. Little did we know, that would pretty much happen all night. If there was no one in line, the ride cycle on the flats would pretty much keep on going.

There were a few other things that I had noticed throughout the day:

Tornado was receiving a new paint job slowely:

IMG_2638.jpg

New sign stating that Stricker's is the home to 4-H:

IMG_2636.jpg

Pirate Ship, their new ride for 2012, wasn't quite ready:

_MG_2517.jpg

While I don't have pictures of either of these, the chaser lights on Tornado wern't chasing, and instead only had one bulb lit for about every ten. Also, a good amount of the lights on Tilt-a-Whirl were out.

Scrambler received a new paint job:

IMG_3084.jpg

Tip Top had a couple of it's outer lights out. However after looking at pictures I took last year and the pictures on Stricker's website, the lights in the center of the ride had returned with a rainbow color, as opposed to the clear they are online, and the lack of lights all together in 2011.

IMG_3132.jpg

Other then that, here are just a few other pictures from our night:

_MG_2520.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

In the end, we had a great time, and can't wait to go back in the fall.

• Like 7

Yes. It used to be far more private. There was a time it had NO public days. If you wanted to ride the coaster, you had to call Ralph and beg nicely. If he liked you, you were in. If not, forget it.

One poster here rode the Tornado, alone, in March once.

It looks like in the past few years they have really expanded from their old 2 day a year public days to the current 9 days (5 days are the 4H fair though).

From Americana/Lesourdesville Lake. Somewhere I read that they think it's probably the last ride that can be saved from it. The Pirate Ship itself was actually installed last year, but the line and the control booth weren't built until this year. By the looks of it, they still have a little bit to go, hopefully it'll be operational by October.

• Like 1

Electric Rainbow does look awesome at night. Now if they'd just put all the panels back on it so it'd look equally awesome during the day. I keep wondering why they leave them all sitting in a pile under the ride like that though.

Looking forward to getting up there again next month!

Oh my god...I know what strickters grove is. I think it is that white roller coaster that is near ross (?). Im sorry I dont live in Cincinnati. So I dont know the area to well.... But I think that is where my mom&dad met. But wait....

One of my moms sisters (sharon) took my mom there. She intoduced one of her freinds (marty) to my mom. Marty was the best freind of my dad. So that is how my mom&dad met there. They got maried (2 yrs later?) not at strickters. Had 2 kids... and now guess what. 21 years later they got divorced (last may). WOW. I finally know...

• Like 1