Labor Day Weekend Dollar Days

ohiocolts

This Labor Day weekend, Kings Island is having a "Dollar Days" special. Deals include $1 Hot Dogs, Cotton Candy, Blue Ice Cream, Skyline Chili Coneys, Larosas Pizza, games, and more. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Dollar-Hot-Dog-Days Also, there are other deals on merchandise, there are prize giveaways, Bring A Friend $19.99, extended fireworks, Early Ride Time on Beast, and more. Valid September 1st-3rd.

Lost in all that...

Buy a 2013 Gold Season Pass for just $79.99 (or Platinum Season Pass for $164) Labor Day Weekend and get entered for your chance to win great prizes.

Wonder if that will be as low as they go this fall? Would be nice to know, if so, I'll pick up three this weekend.

Edit - It then says

• Get a 2013 Gold Season Pass at the lowest price of the season of just $79.99

Mmmmm pizza......Erm this is a great step for a cheaper weekend rates that I know can lead to more lower prices at some point in the future. (This could be a idea, but the truth still occurs that savings<profit in the business Cedar Fair world of FUN)

Where does it say that?

Here, on a recent Kings Island Facebook post:

"Gold Season Passes for the 2013 season go on sale this Friday for just $79.99 online or at the park during public operating days this fall. Current Gold Passholders can instantly renew online. New Gold Passholders can use their 2013 pass to enjoy one (1) free visit this year. Platinum Season Passes also go on sale this weekend."

The quote thing wasn't working for me so I just used quotes...

It says Gold Season Passes go on sale this Friday, not Gold Season Pass Renewals.

By the way, just do this for quotes:

[ quote ] text to be quoted [ / quote ]

Minus the spaces in between, I just used it so the code would show up.

Yes, but it says " Current Gold Pass Holders can instantly renew online".

Maybe I'm missing it. All I see is this:

Buy a 2013 Gold Season Pass for just $79.99 (or Platinum Season Pass for $164) Labor Day Weekend and get entered for your chance to win great prizes.

Oh, it was on a Facebook post by them, the most recent one about it.

but the truth still occurs that savings<profit in the business Cedar Fair world of FUN)

But there is the idea that if you lower your prices, you increase sales. You make less per item but you make more over all...

Example:

10 people by 2 cheese coneys each at $5 a piece = $100 - the price to make 20 chesse coneys you are left with about 80 dollars in profit

10 people by 4 cheese coneys at $3 dollars a piece = $120 - the price to make 40 cheese coneys you are left with about 80 dollars in profit

but at cheaper prices odds are more people buy... so theory again...

At 5 bucks a piece All day you may get 100 people to buy 2 cheese coneys each = 1000 - 200 (price for product) = 800 profit

At 3 bucks a piece All day you may get 200 people to buy 4 cheese coneys each = 2400 - 400 = 2000 profit....

EXAMPLES the idea that each cheese coney costs 1$ to make

just a thoery though... business people get pair more than I to figure this out

Ah. Thank you. I do not go on Facebook, so that is why I was out of the loop. Thanks. :)

• Like 2

Ah. Thank you. I do not go on Facebook, so that is why I was out of the loop. Thanks. :)

Good, don't ever go on it.

• Like 3

Thank you KI for those wonderful bargains-stuffed myself on the $1 per slice pizza. ( I'm not sure I'm happy about what it did to my waist line-lol.) Also, the park was practically empty the whole weekend, so had nice short waits. ( Not sure it proves my point about holiday weekends not being crowded or because of the threat of bad weather.) At any rate, a nice, pleasant weekend. Next up Haunt.

• Like 3

Markr nailed it. Not busy, most rides were a short wait or walk on. 6 coneys, and 4 slices. Now I am an extra large Snowman! I saw the Don getting 2 coneys himself. It was a deal too good to pass up. Great deals on tee and sweat shirts to. Great weekend, memorable time.

Time for the Great Pumpkin!

Yes I agree, it was great this weekend! This was the first Saturday that we've been all summer where the crowds weren't overtaking the park. Yes there was that threat of bad weather, but it never did get too bad Saturday. I think it rained for about 15 minutes around 8:30 Saturday night at the park. We were waiting in line for some $1 cotton candy and it started to drizzle a little bit. Nothing too bad. After we got our cotton candy we rode Boo Blasters and by the time we got off it had stopped raining.

We very much enjoyed the deals too! I grabbed some LaRosa's pizza in the Festhaus and then a little bit later down by The Beast. We also couldn't help be treat ourselves to some blue ice cream before heading out. I also stocked up on some $1 bag of cotton candy to take home with me! All in all it was a great weekend and the deals were a big hit. I'm looking forward to heading back to the park in October to enjoy the park in the fall weather.

Great deals on the food; we had coneys for lunch, pizza and fries for dinner.

The rides didn't fair as well unfortunately. The FOF and Firehawk were down before 11 then opened, the Diamondback went down about 11 and did not reopen. The Bumper Cars went down about 11. Aerial Chase, Surf Dog, and Invertigo never opened. The Vortex was on and off all day. The Red Racer was down but the Blue ran all day.

Still there was enough to keep us busy all day. A good day.

Thank you KI for those wonderful bargains-stuffed myself on the $1 per slice pizza. ( I'm not sure I'm happy about what it did to my waist line-lol.) Also, the park was practically empty the whole weekend, so had nice short waits. ( Not sure it proves my point about holiday weekends not being crowded or because of the threat of bad weather.) At any rate, a nice, pleasant weekend. Next up Haunt.

Markr nailed it. Not busy, most rides were a short wait or walk on. 6 coneys, and 4 slices. Now I am an extra large Snowman! I saw the Don getting 2 coneys himself. It was a deal too good to pass up. Great deals on tee and sweat shirts to. Great weekend, memorable time.

Yes I agree, it was great this weekend! This was the first Saturday that we've been all summer where the crowds weren't overtaking the park. Yes there was that threat of bad weather, but it never did get too bad Saturday. I think it rained for about 15 minutes around 8:30 Saturday night at the park. We were waiting in line for some $1 cotton candy and it started to drizzle a little bit. Nothing too bad. After we got our cotton candy we rode Boo Blasters and by the time we got off it had stopped raining.

We very much enjoyed the deals too! I grabbed some LaRosa's pizza in the Festhaus and then a little bit later down by The Beast. We also couldn't help be treat ourselves to some blue ice cream before heading out. I also stocked up on some $1 bag of cotton candy to take home with me! All in all it was a great weekend and the deals were a big hit. I'm looking forward to heading back to the park in October to enjoy the park in the fall weather.

All 3 of you nailed it! :D I was there on monday, and had a fantastic time. We abused the prices (XD), and we had a great time.

We won a giant pillow pet penguin (thanks to the carnival topic), and his name is Pablo the Penguin :) . Im sitting on him now typing and he is HUMUNGUS!!!

• Like 3

All 3 of you nailed it! :D I was there on monday, and had a fantastic time. We abused the prices (XD), and we had a great time.

We won a giant pillow pet penguin (thanks to the carnival topic), and his name is Pablo the Penguin :) . Im sitting on him now typing and he is HUMUNGUS!!!

I was there on Monday too!! I wrote a PTR about it. My mom and I each got two slices of LaRosa's for only $4! What a deal! Plus I finally got past 100 overall rides on Vortex (rode it 12 times on 9/03) and am now at 102! ^_^

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 1

We went down Saturday night (got there about 7:30) to let the older two not be hampered by the younger sister who is not tall enough for anything outside kids area. We did 7 slices of pizza, 5 cones, 1 drink refill, 1 Vortex ride photo (2nd child's first time riding), 2 bags cotton candy, 1 popcorn tub refill, 5 Coneys. Most expensive purchase was The Vortex stuff at $11.05 (big photo and snow globe).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ Wow 12 rides on Vortex in one day. That should be a record in itself! Oh how I miss the days of having a youthful neck.

Ride on young warrior!

The most I've ridden Vortex in one day is 18 (10/14/2012). On two trips I've ridden 12 times (10/02/11 and 9/03/12). Apparently, to break the record I'd have to ride it at least 14 19 times during one KI trip. Plus, I ride Vortex differently than most, which is why I don't necessarily say that it is "rough." I just think it is a nice, fairly smooth ride with some "personality" here and there. ;)

And yes, I'll ride on!! I have ridden Vortex for the last 24 trips. That first trip of those 24 was on 7/23/2010, when I took my very first Vortex ride.

(I don't want this to sound like bragging...)

In response to khaoskat's post, I also got a Vortex photo (during my 9/03 trip), which was in a waterglobe and a keychain! (I also paid $11.05) :D

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 3