The best new coaster debuting in 2013 in North America will be...

McSalsa

Well, Six Flags has announced their new-for-2013 attractions, including 3 coasters. And so, I'm guessing all the new roller coasters for '13 have either been announced by now, or will be soon (if anything new comes up, I will add it to the poll). And so, here's a poll...

This one is super-simple: which ride opening next year looks the best to you, the "best new coaster" for 2013? It's that simple. Aren't these easy polls awesome? ;)

Enjoy the poll. If, for some reason you dislike, click back...or else. :ph34r:

Yes, it will be...alas, it is also being built with parts from an old ride, and it does have one or two of the old ride's features and some of its layout...granted, they did change quite a bit of it, similar to "New Texas Giant"...(PS: I'm glad they took out the helix, from the POV's I have seen of Rattler, that part looked super-boring)...

RCDB didn't even list Iron Rattler as a "New for 2013" ride, though, which is where I made the above list from (sorting to show only North American rides, however, since most people on KIC live in North America, I'd assume!). I had to add it myself, which I did...because RCBD also listed "New Texas Giant" as a "old" ride in 2011, which it was not. And what won 2011's best new ride when Amusement Today's polls came out (granted, that poll isn't very accurate whatsoever)...New Texas Giant.

(Imagines a Rhino in a massive hamster cage running in the wheel)...umm...(I know, not what Terpy was were talking about, but that did pop up in my head and I thought it was funny so I posted it)...

The guideline I was using for the selection above basically goes like this, to sum it up...

-Brand New Coasters (most of them)

-Relocated Coasters (Boomerang, Speed: The Ride, etc etc)

-Major overhauls (Iron Rattler, which will probably have some of Rattler still in it, such as the structure, but will still mostly be new)

-Flying Turns (Built several years ago, but has not opened due to some major problems and hence will still be new for Knoebels when it finally does...if it does...)

All of the above qualify. Coasters that are being re-painted or just getting minor work/new trains (ex: Timberliners for The Voyage @ Holiday World, which could happen next year, or a coaster getting a bit of Rocky Mountain Topper Track) do NOT qualify.

It's considered a good thing when the trains both stay on the track and do not overturn.

Maybe they should buy the trains from Disaster Transport. Oh, wait a sec......they want speed, right?

Forget I suggested it.

• Like 1

I voted White Lightning. I think looks like a fun little ride that packs a punch for the entire ride (albeit it a very short one, haha) I think this ride will show once again that a ride doesn't have to be the biggest/fastest/most inverted ride to be an outstanding ride.

• Like 1

My money's on Iron Rattler or Full Throttle, both of which, despite my slight distaste for their names, exceeded my expectations. I'm sure I'm underestimating it, but Outlaw Run just isn't getting me all hyped up. It looks like a good ride, yes, but I'm not frothing at the mouth over it and putting down Iron Rattler in comparison like people on several enthusiast sites. It's probably got something to do with my qualms on how they're classifying/marketing OR, but that's for another topic.

Still, like Browntggrr, I have yet to ride any of them and do lack Doc Brown's DeLorean, so I couldn't tell you which one will be the best. Still looks like a great year is coming up, and I'm glad to see California's Great America finally receiving a new coaster--and an impressive-looking GCI, at that.

• Like 2