2012-2013 Off-Season Improvements

BB1

Well if they're offering up Christian Morlein beers as well (and I'll assume that they are, which is a great call to get a regional beer operator involved like they do w/ Skyline, larosas), I think I just volunteered myself to sit there w/ my 1 year old (by the time summer hits) daughter while my wife takes our 5 year old on The Racer, scrambler and monster. happy days are here. If this counts for funperks, we may be level 4 by the end of july.

I haven't been to their restaurant by Great American yet, I wonder if they plan to offer up some of the same food.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hank's (or the food anyways) served elsewhere in the park, perhaps a new location in Action Zone as part of the Action Zone revamp moving forward?

They had Moerlein draft beers available there for the past two seasons...

Thanks, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. Of course the past 2 seasons when my wife was taking the son on scrambler and monster (two rides I won't/cant ride due to motion sickness when spinning excessively) I'd always jump on Adventure Express and/or The Racers. Not so much an option this year w/ a new one, somebody's got to hang out and watch her.

I'm starting to wonder if the clock above Festhaus with the people who moved around (I obviously don't know what they are called) will work this year.

I can picture Mr. Ouimet getting his first tour of Kings Island and asking why it doesn't work.

I certainly would like that.

I hope the burrito shack stays in place, but some Cincinnati Goetta nearby would be grand, too. Especially with CM Beer.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

King Island's Facebook page recently posted that guests will notice "a lot" of work done on The Racer. I'm excited to see this!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151769759028368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&type=1&theater

The photo:

181077_10151769759028368_1357284016_n.jp

I wonder if the overhaul on the queue has anything to do with an expansion of a certain area close by?

I'd say that it's more likely that it has something to do with the fact that half of the queue is no longer used due to Fast Lane and the station divider being partially removed, so they're freeing up space that otherwise would be wasted. And I'm pretty certain that Adventure Express is solidly between The Racer and the former SOB area.

Guest KingsIslandPR

There will be no chances in the lay

King Island's Facebook page recently posted that guests will notice "a lot" of work done on The Racer. I'm excited to see this!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151769759028368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&type=1&theater

The photo:

>I wonder if the overhaul on the queue has anything to do with an expansion of a certain area close by?

I'd say that it's more likely that it has something to do with the fact that half of the queue is no longer used due to Fast Lane and the station divider being partially removed, so they're freeing up space that otherwise would be wasted. And I'm pretty certain that Adventure Express is solidly between The Racer and the former SOB area.

There will be no changes to the space used for the queue area.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for those tikis and tiki torches that I want at Soak City :) . Anyways, I am glad for the new wood for the 2013 season, Racer is a classic that I hope sticks around for many years to come.

The photo:

>I wonder if the overhaul on the queue has anything to do with an expansion of a certain area close by?

Obviously Don has spoken, and its not happening this offseason (or perhaps ever) and it is true that Adventure Express is directly b/w The Racer and where SOB used to be, however, only que of Adventure Express and an access road lies b/w The Racer que and what used to be thunder alley. I think it would require a decent amount of site work due to the terrain in this area, but if they cut out half of The Racer cue, shortened up the walk back to Adventure Express and found a way to use the path or build a boardwalk or something from The Racer que back to Thunder alley, you'd pick up a decent sized chunk of land for multiple flats/oktoberfest expansion.

it would appear to be a sizeable investement in sitework to get that done, but you could transform Oktoberfest by taking such a route. It could also allow another connection point w/ X-Base and allow the use of the land on the other side of Flight of Fear.

Well the Queue line changes everything!!! :)

The photo:

>I wonder if the overhaul on the queue has anything to do with an expansion of a certain area clo

se by?

Obviously Don has spoken, and its not happening this offseason (or perhaps ever) and it is true that Adventure Express is directly b/w The Racer and where SOB used to be, however, only que of Adventure Express and an access road lies b/w The Racer que and what used to be thunder alley. I think it would require a decent amount of site work due to the terrain in this area, but if they cut out half of The Racer cue, shortened up the walk back to Adventure Express and found a way to use the path or build a boardwalk or something from The Racer que back to Thunder alley, you'd pick up a decent sized chunk of land for multiple flats/oktoberfest expansion.

it would appear to be a sizeable investement in sitework to get that done, but you could transform Oktoberfest by taking such a route. It could also allow another connection point w/ X-Base and allow the use of the land on the other side of Flight of Fear.

Hi Don, please please PLEASE tell me that the wall in the middle of the station that was removed last year is still going to be GONE. Without that wall, it was very easy to actually 'race' your friends; by that, I mean that we'd walk into the station together. My son and I would go to the blue side. My friend and his son would go to the red side, and we could easily see where we each needed to ride in order to "race".

I mean, it is The Racer, and that makes the ride so much more fun...

• Like 12