Early Signs of 2014 Expansion?

BoddaH1994

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned of a B&M dive coaster at Kings Island? Maybe that is the diversion. Sorry Terp. :ph34r:

Crud, I forgot that one in my big list o' everything KI could add! :wacko:

Come to think of it,a Dive Machine wouldn't be so bad at KI...different from everything else, so no "it competes with Diamondback/any other ride in the park" problem, and Cedar Point doesn't have one either...and they could design it to run numerous trains at once, for excellent capacity...

And could it even be the tallest dive coaster in the world at 308 ft.? Who knows.

That would be insane...insanely awesome, that is...and marketable! "The world's TALLEST and FASTEST dive machine, Project 308 (insert coaster's real name)!" ;)

• Like 2

Oh, yeah...well, I did just think of a downside- might hurt Drop Tower a bit. What's the point of riding a ride that just drops 270-feet or so, when right next door is a coaster that does that too, and more?

Then again, the Busch Gardens Parks have both Dive Machines, and one of them has a Drop Tower, and the other is rumored to be getting one, so perhaps it's not such a big problem...

I really didn't think of track length for a record though, since a 3,200'+ coaster isn't really even considered very long these days...

The experiences on the Drop Towers is vastly different from that on tall coasters, so I think we are safe in that regard. Is amazing how many people are estimating what type of ride we will be getting just based on the early work of a handful of unfinished footings! It is really too early to tell what type of ride this is going to be.

What is clear, is it appears the park does in fact know what they are going to be replacing Son of Beast with. And based on the footings, and the troubled history that Son of Beast had, I doubt that they are going to install another wooden roller coaster in that spot.

• Like 2

Wait, you mean Kings Island is not only adding a B&M Giga, but an Intamin Plug N' Play wooden coaster, a Gravity Group Wooden Coaster, a GCI Wooden Coaster, a RMC Wooden Coaster with Inversions, a B&M Inverted, a B&M Floorless, a B&M Wing Coaster, a B&M Stand-Up, a Intamin Blitz Coaster (like Maverick @ CP), a Intamin Rocket Coaster like TTD/Kingda Ka, re-locating the Geuaga Lake Big Dipper here, New Antique Cars, New Flying Scooters, a Zipper, a Tilt-A-Whirl, a S&S Screamin' Swing, a HUSS Jump2, a new HUSS Suspended Top Spin (Crypt replacement HO!), an Intamin Aquatrax, a 2nd Log Flume, a second kids area, a massive waterpark expansion with over 20 new water slides and water coasters, a second lazy river, and a 3rd wave pool, bringing back Phantom Theatre, re-painting The Racer its old colors and also re-painting other rides, upgrading the appearance of the park everywhere, re-theming and re-naming the awful former Paramount rides like Drop Tower and Flight Deck, installing weaker trim brakes on Beast, upgrading the food to levels that make Knoebels look terrible in comparison, adding free drinks like Holiday World, AND adding a resort hotel complete with indoor waterpark and golf course (SUCK ON DAT GREAT WOLF LODGE!)...!?!?

darn, that would be so awesome, but I'm thinking it would cost somewhere in the range of hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars...Matt Ouimet would be so fired the very next day for poor management of money! :P Granted, Kings Island would be named "Best Amusement Park in The World" instantly by everyone. And they can charge $500 for tickets and people would STILL come!

Alas, it is impossible...in real life...yet, you can do said stuff I listed above in RCT or other games easily. :P

I seem to recall a Mr. Gary Story pulling the old "Hey, lets build three major coasters in one year and one small coaster" trick. It didnt work out too well in the end as I recall :(

I like the one persons idea of building a Dive Machine roller coaster. The only places that I know of that have them are the Busch Garden Parks. I'm sure there are more, but cannot think of them on the top of my head. I think that would work well for Kings Island because they could be the only park in the Cedar Fair chain to have a dive machine roller coaster. :)

Looks like all we have so far is concrete pilings for a footer. It is odd to see the footer almost at grade, leaving more forming above grade.

If there is to be a coaster structure then in the next few weeks bolt alignment rings will be attached to those rebar, and formed to accept the supports. Honestly with the close alignment and proximity to the "midway" this could be a station structure.

Also with the 3 different groupings it could be different rides.

Or maybe they are making a cool cart track with multiple levels and twisty turns.. New upcharge!

• Like 1

I see what you did there.

Oh, please no. Anything but a Dive Machine. ShieKra was one of the most boring coasters I have ever ridden. Period.

Really? I thought it was fantastic. The first drop from the holding brake is fantastic. Granted it's a redundant/short layout, but still a thrilling two minutes.

• Like 3

I see what you did there.

Oh, please no. Anything but a Dive Machine. ShieKra was one of the most boring coasters I have ever ridden. Period.

Really? I thought it was fantastic. The first drop from the holding brake is fantastic. Granted it's a redundant/short layout, but still a thrilling two minutes.

I enjoyed it as well...not my favorite ride by any means, but definitely fun!

While I agree the footers (footings) don't line up like they should for a wooden coaster, I still think this is wood. There are too many of them (20) in such a small area. Also, compare the size of them to steel footers (footings), they look too small to be steel (Diamondback's are huge, and I305 all appear to be squares.)

The footings we see in these pictures could be for the station or the train maintainence shed, if it is a coaster. Look at Diamondback's station during the early construction stage in this picture from rcdb.com:

http://rcdb.com/4253.htm?p=22250

Notice how small the footings are in the station and maintainence shed areas compared to the tracks' footings?

Actually the placement of these footings looks nothing like the pic you have posted.

Not that this is as fun as simply daydreaming about dive machines and 4-d monsters, but one way to decode what KI is getting is to ask a simple question:

What does it need?

In other words, are there any "holes" i the lineup that need filled? Diamondback finally plugged the "hyper" hole.

I seem to notice KI has always been lacking a certain type of coaster that is both wildly popular and reliable, and a staple at almost every major coaster-centered park I have ever been to.

• Like 1

Not that this is as fun as simply daydreaming about dive machines and 4-d monsters, but one way to decode what KI is getting is to ask a simple question:

What does it need?

In other words, are there any "holes" i the lineup that need filled? Diamondback finally plugged the "hyper" hole.

I seem to notice KI has always been lacking a certain type of coaster that is both wildly popular and reliable, and a staple at almost every major coaster-centered park I have ever been to.

B&M Invert?

• Like 1