IndyGuy4KI's Opening day 2013 PTR

IndyGuy4KI

I started the day at 5:45 by going to Greenwood to pick up Brandi244, her brother and girlfriend. We then left their house and got on the road to KI. We stopped at the gas station outside the park to use the restroom and get a snack to hold us off till we ate lunch in the park. We got in line for the parking lot to upen at about 8:15. They opened them up right at 8:30. We got parked and I got the shirts for the other KIC'ers and camped out as close to Guest Services as possible. I started taking pictures as people were anxious for the park to open.

It was becoming clear really quick that is was going to be a busy Opening day!

GateLine2_zps6bdfac75.jpg

Mason Police!

MasonPolice_zpsb1130f49.jpg

Some KIC'ers in line.

GateLine1_zpse92b129e.jpg

We then got in line for ERT station at 9:30 this year.

ERTLine1_zps8de35501.jpg

ERTLine2_zpsc7b478ae.jpg

ERTLine3_zps98184ddf.jpg

ET!

ET_zpsd1d79706.jpg

We then headed straight to DB as our first ride of the year! At this point from left to right it was Gary (XGatorHead 8904) Brandi (Brandi244) myself Brad/me (IndyGuy4KI) Matt (Malem)

DBERT_zpsb0894d0f.jpg

We got an awesome ride in on DB. It always makes the 2 hr drive worth it! Beast was not operational yet so we hit up BLSC.

BLSC1_zps0a931837.jpg

BLSC2_zps1ac25cce.jpg

BLSC3_zpse442644f.jpg

We then meet up with Beasie1980 and her sister Summer. We then headed to Vortex. The queue was quite long. as you can see here!

VortexQueue2_zpsfebde531.jpg

Pic of Shake, Rattle, and Roll as we wait in line.

SRampR_zpse0df2062.jpg

Summer, Mellissa (Beastie 1980) and Gary in The Vortex station.

VortexQueue3_zpsfa2cca1d.jpg

Changes to Vortex queue lines.

VortexQueueremoveal_zpsd9e2d669.jpg

Gary rode in 5-1 and Brandi and I rode in 7-1 for Terpy. IndyGuy, who wonders if Terpy got in a 5-1 ride in on opening day!

We then went and rode Delirium!

Delirium_zpsb3934307.jpg

We then had the KIC meetup at Tower drinks under ET where we had a group photo.

KICMeetup3_zpsabf16046.jpg

KICMeetup_zps6143ec75.jpg

KICMeetup2_zps35928926.jpg

Group phone!

KICGroupPIC_zpsee4092f3.jpg

We then went to the festhaus to watch Rock and Roll Never Forgets! We are chatting waiting for the show to start.

It is nochickens and Mrs.nochickens

Rockshowmeetup1_zpsb41cb396.jpg

Rockshowmeetup2_zps18395397.jpg

Avatar and Brandi244, Jonathan (jcoble) looking at the map

Rockshowmeetup3_zpse0398983.jpg

Here are a few pics of the show!

RockShow3_zps3f025cbb.jpg

RockShow1_zps2f00713f.jpg

We then went to eat at the new Reds Grill, but there was a 1.5 hr wait. I recommend adding your name in early if you plan on eating there. They will text you when your table is ready, but we decided to do Hanks instead.

Brandi and I interviewed Don back in Indianapolis live on the radio and gave tickets away. After that she and I went to FD. It is so weird not seeing SOB there.

FBnoSOB1_zps1d9bcc6a.jpg

FBnoSOB2_zps59637be3.jpg

FDtrain_zps9a022bfd.jpg

FBnoSOB3_zps06ab34e5.jpg

FBnoBrakerun_zps9e945631.jpg

We then got a KIC shirt for Bennett and headed to Beast, we meet up with Robbie (CoastersRZ) on the way. The Beast was running great!

We then hit up Racer, AE, and Viking Fury! Here is the new AE Sign!

NewAESign_zpsc51cebe6.jpg

We then head to finish our night on DB, but it is down. So we head to ride the train instead. When we got back for the night train ride, DB was back running and we rode it and was coming back into the station as the fireworks went off! Great end to the night.

It was great seeing all of the other KIC'ers there and meeting new ones and again seeing and shaking the hand of what I called the Wizard of KIC! Can't wait to see more of you this summer at the park!

Ride count:

DB - 2

BLSC - 1

Delirium - 1

FD - 1

Beast - 1

AE - 1

VF - 1

Train - 1

Total: 9

• Like 17

Fantastic trip report Brad, It is always good to see you and for us it has been way too long. Love seeing and meeting so many KIC members friends and to but a face to those screen names. I hope your interview went well but it always has in the past so I figure it was better than ever this year. Sorry we did not hook up later as the phone finally died. We ended up leaving at 7:30 as the park was way to busy to plus I had a full day of physical activities planned for the next day.
As always it is god to see you but we still have more catching up to do.

• Like 2