Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Seal?!? Maybe Steve Miller is in the park?

I wonder if they could fill up the stands if he played a concert there? I doubt it at this point, thought it would be kind of cool to have acts like this, past their prime playing shows at the theater behind Eiffel Tower, where you could seel limited tickets for the stands, but the music would funnel out to the general park population.

Steve Miller Band will always be in their prime. Would it fill Timberwolf? Without a doubt. I would probably drive home from Williamsburg just to see it.

then I guess the next question is, why don't they make use of Timberwolf more? I'll assume they can't challenge a place like Riverbend for bands in their prime, capable of filling a venue of that size, but there's got to be room for a steve miller type. I saw America peform in Kettering at the Fraze Pavallion, I'm guessing that might be a little smaller than Timberwolf, but not sure b/c of the lawn seating there. America sold the place out. Fraze has the Guess Who, Brian Wilson, Steely Dan, Alabama (whish I would have known that earlier, would love to catch that show, they do a great job, and I've only got 1 CD and rarely listen to country music), Steve Martin with Eddie Brickell, Gordon Lightfoot, Ted Nugent, Josh Grobon and Tony Bennet remaining on the calander this year. I assume the obvious answer is that having a show provides little revenue to the park, but they continue to have spirit fest or whatever its called, so they've got to make something off a show. Makes me wonder how long before Timber World is brought down and something else goes in its place.

Promoters these days don't see Timberwolf as a viable option--outdated facility, limited capacity, set in an amusement park, etc. smaller shows that play Cincy are more apt to go to PNC Pavillion, Taft, US Bank or even the new Horseshoe before Timberwolf. It works for something like Spirit Song, which is geared toward kids who would like to be at Ki anyway, but not for much else.

It's never stopped Busch Gardens. The Styx show sold out in a day. The park was packed that day. KC and the Sunshine Band are coming next month. I believe it is also sold out. These old bands will always bring in people.

Which happened because the band's asking price probably fit the park's budget. I'm sure if KI wanted to, they could bring in one of those old bands, but they seem to to be doing quite well with their in-park musical shows.

Mustang at Kings Island...a ride so good we'll have to have mechanics in the station at all times.

Andrew, taking a stab at Ford.

Proof this new ride will finally be called Mustang: :P

75cd5af0-480f-4ccf-a989-592d940dfdfe_zps

I sure hope it wouldn't be called Mustang. That ride would be awfully slow :P

Being a Ford guy this post upsets me. Never had any major repairs done on any of my Fords. I have owned 3 so far. The Dodge on other hand.

• Like 3

Not everyone is assuming that. Just like not everyone assumed that then. Unless sponsored by Ford, Mustang was about the most improbable coaster name ever, except maybe Certain Death In These United States.

These United States was the name of a wooden coaster....

Did the old guard at Cedar Fair name that coaster too? :)

Well as of right now there is very little evidence to decode? What you're asking us to do is basically pull ideas out of thin air and that's what you're getting. We have footers with holes in them and scarecrows on some. It could still be anything at this point. We don't even know how many more footers still need to be poured.

• Like 2

Was going to add this several hours back but I had to go out to my Dad's in Brown County to feed the dogs (they went to EnterTRAINment Junction and loved it!) and swung past CSF on the way there, no new track outside from what I saw but there are 3 or 4 shipping containers outside of the shop itself.

• Like 4

Well as of right now there is very little evidence to decode? What you're asking us to do is basically pull ideas out of thin air and that's what you're getting. We have footers with holes in them and scarecrows on some. It could still be anything at this point. We don't even know how many more footers still need to be poured.

There are still quite of number of footers tha still need to be poured. I rode Delirium today and there were a lot of stakes out there on the land. BTW those triangle footers are huge in person.

• Like 3

We pardon this double post for some new photos.

Took a little excursion down to the park on wednesday. Not much different from my last trip (7-1-13) But definitely more work going on down in the valley.

Quick question, what is this?

9266896325_3507013c60.jpg

Was unable to get my group atop the Tower of Eiffel for some aerial pics. Sorry :/

• Like 4

No it literally means what's being talked about in this thread is 90% trash and speculation is all over the place/scatterbrained. But go ahead Merth cat and 'decode' all you want.

A tad bit uncalled for, don't ya think?

----------------------------------------------------

Great pictures DBInternational. Now that last picture is a very interesting one, one we should do some decoding on. Good work. Start 240 deg O .. hmmmm ;)

• Like 1