Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm new to the site and I really haven't been able to get all into the stuff that happens before a coaster or any other attraction is announced and this my first time to actually be able to figure out what its going to be and I have to say after reading all of these comments the new attraction for 2014 could be something you people have talked about or it could be something nobody has mentioned yet which is even more exciting. Plus we already know its going to be new in some way shape or form because its gonna be world record breaking. But only a day will tell and after its announced we can just all start turning our focus to the attraction itself

Welcome to the website! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks hopefully this will help me become more of a coaster enthusiast because that's what I trying to do

• Like 6

I'm new to the site and I really haven't been able to get all into the stuff that happens before a coaster or any other attraction is announced and this my first time to actually be able to figure out what its going to be and I have to say after reading all of these comments the new attraction for 2014 could be something you people have talked about or it could be something nobody has mentioned yet which is even more exciting. Plus we already know its going to be new in some way shape or form because its gonna be world record breaking. But only a day will tell and after its announced we can just all start turning our focus to the attraction itself

Welcome to the website! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks hopefully this will help me become more of a coaster enthusiast because that's what I trying to do

This is a great site for that, and also a good way to get tips and ideas on making a park trip even better.

• Like 4

If the "new" blueprint of the station is correct...this is without a doubt an invert. Needless to say I'm highly disappointed. KI already has two inverts and a suspended...I could kinda throw Firehawk in that mix as well. Does KI really need this type of "fad" coaster? IDK...I would have LOVED to seen a wing or a dive machine. Oh well, maybe the new Action Zone could be called "Track over your head land".

Just another ride I won't be riding.

-T. Forsaken.

I guess you don't like Dorney Park since they have three inverted coasters. And that's one less person for me to stand behind in the line.

Also where in the rulebook of amusement park operation does it say a park has to have one inverted coaster?

• Like 1

So here is how tall the lift would be if we assume the 200 feet of space it can occupy.

If the angle is

30 degrees = 115 feet tall

35 degrees = 140 feet tall

40 degrees = 168 feet tall

45 degrees = 200 feet tall

This does not take into consideration the height of the starting point of the lift, so that could add between 10-20 feet as well

• Like 2

I am ready for tomorrow. it is time to see what we are getting. I will be happy what ever it is, but i hope if its 200+ i will get the ****s to ride it ( let the crap giving began). ether way Don should make it interesting for us. I think we may get a show with the announcement.

• Like 2

Hey guys, new to the boards here.

I'm sure everything has been talked to death, but here's hoping you guys get a great ride that most everyone will be happy with.

I know no new coaster/ride ever has 100% of the people liking it, but I hope you get something great.

My last trip up from Charlotte was in 2009 for Diamondback, then of course we got your hyper the next year. Here's hoping the pattern follows at Carowinds in 2015. Carowinds is already looking to be making changes at the front of the park, so it seems possible for something in 2015.

The weather isn't looking good for tomorrow. Anybody else seeing anything different?

i think it will be dry by 10:00pm but may have some wet rides threw out the day. i am hoping its done raining by five since thats the time i get off work and then heading down there

Is it not childish to just NOT like something? I just don't like inverts...at all. No matter the maker or the park...I just don't like them, not my thing. I can also now see the "forum-boys" this board seems to be comprised of. You all shun anybody with a different opinion, regardless of how crazy it may seem. I doubt having one less person in front of you in line will make any difference, btw. You all are so quick to judge and assume.

I'll just stand in your way for The Beast! ;)

-T. Forsaken

• Like 1

Is it not childish to just NOT like something? I just don't like inverts...at all. No matter the maker or the park...I just don't like them, not my thing. I can also now see the "forum-boys" this board seems to be comprised of. You all shun anybody with a different opinion, regardless of how crazy it may seem. I doubt having one less person in front of you in line will make any difference, btw. You all are so quick to judge and assume.

-T. Forsaken

man that aint right Beast blocking like that lol

• Like 3

The weather isn't looking good for tomorrow. Anybody else seeing anything different?

There's a good chance of showers & thunderstorms, but they should be scattered. Such weather often makes for a good time to visit, since it keeps crowds low.

Hopefully everything clears up by late evening.

• Like 1

I'm thinking just based on the shape of the drop and the 55 degrees drop from the leaked "bat" page, that this will be an inverted coaster. Most wing drops are either inverted loop drops like Gatekeeper (not sure what the exact names for those are) or a straight drop like on Wild eagle. I do not think it is a drop like Wild eagle's, although it may be, it just might be placed to the right a bit, and it Is not a straight drop like wild eagle, and if it was 55 is not very steep. But for an inverted coaster, 55 is about average, if not a bit higher than most, for an Inverted B&M curved drop. So based on this, the stats of "The Bat" are 100% plausible for an inverted coaster, but less for a Wing.

Enjoyed reading every post, keep it up!

-T. Forsaken

Last time i checked math does make a difference. If you subtract one from any number it is less, so technically it does make a difference. Thanks for playing!

• Like 1

I think they will be here where I circled. I also spy a single rider line. Or what I think might be one.stairs_zps57150a5c.jpg

And from the blueprints, you can also see doors that you will have to open to get inside. Hopefully this means a lot of themeing. (You also can see an exit door.

I think they will be here where I circled. I also spy a single rider line. Or what I think might be one.stairs_zps57150a5c.jpg

And from the blueprints, you can also see doors that you will have to open to get inside. Hopefully this means a lot of themeing. (You also can see an exit door.

Just hard to make sense of it. I'm curious why it's all blacked out and doesn't have the individual steps drawn, unless it was a ramp I wish there were steps because then I could figure out station height.

Only thing I'm slightly skeptical of but you can't tell in the blueprints and it could have since been revised. If looks to be the controls are on the unload side of the platform, or hopefully possibly above.

As much as cameras watching the ride is nice, in controls from my opinion, you should be able to see a bit of the ride with your own eyes to monitor other than just the station, especially the lift when it's your main area to stop something serious from happening or guests being stupid on the ride.