Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I don't see this being a plain jane invert. Maybe something along the lines of Montu, Katun, or Pyrenees.

What I mean by plain jane is just no real theming and nothing really unique.

Montu i think is special because of the tunnels and theming and is a great ride. The other two I've never rode. Katun looks like its themed well and has tunnels. Pyrenees doesn't look like much in pics. It has a spot where the track goes through a loop, but what else is special about it?

• Like 2

For me, a lot about the coaster is the way it looks. I personally think that MFs supports are hideous. I hope they are not the same as it.

I don't think we will ever see MF lifthill style supports on any of Intamins coasters, that was "old technology" as it was their first Giga. I believe they said with that support structure they could reach a height over 700ft, not sure where i read/heard that, but i remember it.

It does look nice all lit up at night though!

I305's looks "intimidating" with its lack of support! I still have to get down there and ride that one!

Patriot and SB are ranked 134 and 136 in mitch hawkers poll. Mitch Hawker's poll is not the best thing in the world but show a summary of what the folks at TPR think.

Fixed for you :-)

All kidding aside, a wise man once told me that me that you're on the road to wisdom when you realize that your opinion is just that, another opinion. It's a lot like music - everyone has specific tastes and not one size fits all. If I'm at a park riding something I'm not going to take a look at a poll to see if and how much I should like it. If I think a ride is good that's really all that matters. Ultimately the only opinion that counts is my own since I'm the only one benefitting from the experience.

Case in point - I was out at Knotts early in 2011 and got a chance to ride Silver Bullet. I was expecting a "forceless" invert like some enthusiasts were claiming but the reality I found was quite the opposite. I enjoyed the ride immensely and have it ranked in the top half of my invert list (I've ridden all the custom B&M inverts in the country (except Flight Deck in CA) and 5 Batman clones). Sometimes you just have to form opinions for yourself.

• Like 7

n0gaafr6p14bq2f8000msq.jpg

these are supports from silver bullet an bm invert at knotts berry farm

This is the top view where additional supports were connected....look at the other end of the support...three holes one side and three holes on the opposite. Also to the far right, the square will fit into the center of the diamond shaped footer.

I seriously almost fell asleep on silver bullet. For people that think it is intense those people were either dehydrated or hungry.

Does anyone actually think CF would invest millions into tunnels and structures for the invert to go through? It would look rediculous in Action Zone.

Action Zone was a Paramount name....in fact even before the park was sold, the Action Zone sign was taken away (I think it was a Paramount Trademark)... Maybe we will be getting a total zone makeover included with this coaster.

• Like 2

Action Zone was a Paramount name....in fact even before the park was sold, the Action Zone sign was taken away (I think it was a Paramount Trademark)... Maybe we will be getting a total zone makeover included with this coaster.

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe the whole area will get an all new name. I can't wait to see the entry plaza of this ride. CF has lately been making really cool entry plazas.

• Like 4

these are supports from silver bullet an bm invert at knotts berry farm

And interestingly, the footers for silver bullet appear to have square holes. When did B&M change their footer method?

http://cache.rcdb.com/dbc9p17k0003f958hoo70j.jpg

Actually, the diamond shape, I believe, is to give those assembling the support a little wiggle room to insert the piece without damaging the footer.... ( I could be wrong.....please don't flame me)

9347530284_1867fe63c5.jpg

026 by upstop2, on Flickr

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe the whole area will get an all new name. I can't wait to see the entry plaza of this ride. CF has lately been making really cool entry plazas.

I'm hoping for a Medieval makeover myself...you know Castles and ghosts and all that...

• Like 1

I don't see this being a plain jane invert. Maybe something along the lines of Montu, Katun, or Pyrenees.

What I mean by plain jane is just no real theming and nothing really unique.

Montu i think is special because of the tunnels and theming and is a great ride. The other two I've never rode. Katun looks like its themed well and has tunnels. Pyrenees doesn't look like much in pics. It has a spot where the track goes through a loop, but what else is special about it?

really Nothing is special about Pyrenese but a bigger Batman. I just like the height.

Imagine Delirium painted in copper patina and billed as the pit and the pendulum keeping the Delirium name.

And Drop Tower as a medieval castle turret with the car dropping into darkness below.

And Invertigo already has the ghostly colors.

Congo falls could become an indoor water ride...nice on a hot day.

Flight deck could be painted black and renamed to Falcon or something else.... :P

• Like 3

Why is it such a big deal if a ride is forceful or not. Does it really matter?

Of course it matters; all rides exert force on the rider, from boo blasters up to flying ace arial chase, over to congo falls, back to The Racers and all the way thru The Beast.

Some hardly exert any force (if you were blindfolded, would you notice you were moving on boo blasters?), some exert a lot of variety in forces, from shoving you right or left, pushing you down into your seat or making you feel like you're going to get thrown out. Different forces have different effects, I could ride Diamondback all day, get me 1 cycle on the scrambler and I may well toss my cookies.

The key to an amusement park of KI's size is to provide a wide variety of forces (ie thrills) that can appeal to a wide variety of guests while recognizing that not every thrill is tied directly into the track. turn The Beast into a steel coaster and place it in the middle of the park with no tunnels and ridership would be low, however run it thru the woods, give it a handful of tunnels, a couple of lift hills and you've got a legend.

Forces matter, they most definently matter however a park must be careful, make a ride too forceful in one regard or another and you risk the ride tearing itself apart, possibly injuring guests or at a minimum limiting ridership to a small amount of people.

• Like 6

Forceful rides are a lot of fun. Maverick is easily in my top 5 because of how forceful it is. "Forceless" rides can be fun as well. I think smooth is a better term to describe them. I would throw Diamondback into that category. That ride is also easily in my top 5. B&M inverts like Silver Bullet (probably top 10 for me) are smooth, fun rides that aren't as forceful as maverick but are anything but forceless. I really like SB and it is forceful enough to not be re-rideable for a few hours. While a giga like I305 would admittedly be my first choice for KI, an invert will be just as exciting.

Just to throw this in, IMO Millennium Forceless was a huge letdown to me when I rode it. Diamondback beats that ride any day. I've ridden it several time and have never failed to feel disappointed.

• Like 5

Jackhammering in the rear of the trains on recent b&m's does not make them butter smooth like MF thus not making it a fun forceless ride. My last ride on db in the back row made my teeth chatter, imagine riding MF with your teeth chattering.

• Like 1

For those who overlaid I305 over SOB's spot, I would ask you go back and place the lift where the footers look like it'll be and then see where it'll go. Also take into account what the terrain is like and if you're going to draw a layout, explain all the current footers.

Jackhammering in the rear of the trains on recent b&m's does not make them butter smooth like MF thus not making it a fun forceless ride. My last ride on db in the back row made my teeth chatter, imagine riding MF with your teeth chattering.

I concur with you as posted in my last trip report. I however believe this to be due to bad wheels/flat spots on wheels from not transferring units off the whole night possibly.

I will give it time to see if the action is corrected, as wheels are expensive to replace so it may not be on the "to do" list. DB was smooth it's inagural year, and you can't argue there, so do give it another chance.