Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Well I'll be darned. The Layout is right, but it's for a Wing Coaster...

No, it's not. That was a photo of Gatekeeper.

No the layout of the drawings are the same as the paragraph described...kinda.

If you guys are getting a wingrider, I am so so sorry..... Cause they kinda suck.

• Like 2

I'm starting to believe the parks release the website early on purpose. It happens every single year, it seems. If this is not on purpose then Cedar Fair might want to clean house in their IT department.

Or it's a fake website, and that's not the ride we're getting.

That is a whole lot of work to do to fake it.

Just like the Blue Prints ;P Either we got bored people working for king island or it's all legit. I'm going to for legit. Well played, well played.

ADDED: This could be a complete smoke bomb just to keep us scrambled. Either way The Bat is back or the Banshee is coming. Either one I will ride and enjoy. LOL

• Like 1

Really? Half the website had photos of Diamondback and Gatekeeper, and the other half had the "Lorum ipsum" thing.

Which kinda says the website was in the middle of being constructed, but instead accidentally published. It's too half done for me to consider it fake...

• Like 1

Your right!....

And why leave the website up for only about 30 minutes?....Maybe that will be the new coaster's website but it is unfinished, that would explain the pictures of Gatekeeper and Diamondback. Just placeholder pictures and that is also probably the reason why they just changed the colors on Gatekeeper, so that if anyone did see it during that short period of time it would just be a placeholder...

I don't believe this is fake, especially with the work put into it.... to only leave it up for 30 minutes...

Really? Half the website had photos of Diamondback and Gatekeeper, and the other half had the "Lorum ipsum" thing.

I'm sure it wasn't easy to create that logo. There are also pictures of the wingrider, but I cannot tell if those are just pictures of Gatekeeper that have had the color changed.

Either way, I don't see how creating a fake website would be worth it at this point.

• Like 3

I'm not sure how much work would have to go into something like that...if it'd be fairly simple, I could see it being fake. I mean, why not?

I think the logo was okay, definitely not my favorite and honestly looked kinda simple and quick. Also, I find it odd that CF would build a new "tallest and fastest wing coaster" one year after one opened just 3.5 hours away.

Edit: and I personally would hope they'd make the website a bit more difficult to get to and not simply use "/2014"...

Augh I'm so thrown off now. I always wondered why the loop threw the lift seemed so much wider than an invert. Maybe it's because it's a wing coaster and not an invert......

The Bat logo seems like it would fit Kings Island marketing really well. And didn't Don tweet something about going back to the start or something? But then why Celtic Gravestones?!?!

• Like 1

I wonder when KI Club members will learn of the new ride. Don did suggest that they would be the first to know.

Some guy on YouTube has already told everyone...now we just need stats and a name.

Seriously though, I've been pondering that myself.

What ride is your Avatar of??

--

And I really hope we don't get that wing rider! The name The Bat would be fine.. kinda cool too! But, I would be a little let down in all honesty.

Also, is there really enough space around the station area for a lift that would be above 170ft?

You know that they know that there is always someone out there tapping furiously on their mouse to open the website....probably since the crack of dawn today. They couldn't possibly test the site to see how it lays out on the net, so why not test with a bogus layout.

• Like 3

I wonder when KI Club members will learn of the new ride. Don did suggest that they would be the first to know.

Some guy on YouTube has already told everyone...now we just need stats and a name.

--

And I really hope we don't get that wing rider! The name The Bat would be fine.. kinda cool too! But, I would be a little let down in all honesty.

Also, is there really enough space around the station area for a lift that would be above 170ft?

I believe there is plenty of space.

--

Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.

• Like 2

IF this is legit, I love the nod to The Bat!! I will be pleased with whatever it is, as anything they add is WAY better than the empty dirt lot that has been sitting there since KC was removed, and a giant wooden coaster that just stood there for the past 4-ish years.

The only question I still have is if this is indeed a wing coaster, what the "IC-2" track/station supports will be for...