June 24, 201313 yr Didn't see a good topic to post this in, so hey, I'll post it here. Title says it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDvDhZImcNU Video is from Coasterforce, but this is an official POV from the park themselves.
June 24, 201313 yr I see you are still judging rides you haven't ridden. Terp, who long ago found out looks (and others' experiences) can be deceiving.
June 24, 201313 yr Author True...POV's, at least for now, don't give you any idea of how forceful a ride is...which is a huge part of the ride itself...Full Throttle could be very forceful which would actually make the ride awesome... Once again, I must go back and edit my post. Sorry 'bout that...old habits... Also...Premier Rides has Intamin-style track now!?!?
June 24, 201313 yr As gimmicky as I find this ride to be, that sound it makes sounds AMAZING. I would love to hear it in person. (Unfortunately, that is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon.)
June 24, 201313 yr Didn't know about this ride until yesterday. It looks right up my alley! I do want to see a picture of the ride's footers.
June 24, 201313 yr Author Best Image I could find on RCDB: For all we know, Kings Island could well be getting one these, since we have no hard evidence for what Project 2014 even is. I would not be against it- Premier Rides may not as well-known as B&M or Intamin, but they can make a good steel coaster- (ride our very own Flight of Fear, it's awesome) and are known for their launched coasters. A multi-launched terrain hugging coaster from Premier Rides, possibly with a huge loop (heh, how about a 200'+ loop? ) would be an awesome addition to Kings Island's lineup, while at the same time possibly elevating Premier Rides from "also-ran" into serious contenders to B&M and Intamin, and would be a "Anything you can do- we can do bigger!" from Cedar Fair to Six Flags at the same time...kind of like what Gatekeeper did to X-Flight. Granted this is all pure speculation on my part...I am just fantasizing this ride at the moment...also worth noting- Big Sexy, if there is any truth to his claim (he is probably a troll after all) did say he saw Intamin track on I-71...if there is ANY truth to this, he could have seen Premier Rides track instead...or even Zierer track, see case B, Verbolten: Granted, the second track does show up at the park, this would all be bunk if it is B&M, since their coasters have a semi-exclusive track style (only Giovanola is similar to their's) while Intamin's, as has been clearly shown, hath been copied... UPDATE: Found a MUCH better pic of some footers...also, Full Throttle apparently has two track types mixed together (Intamin's Box Track and Premier's "classic" style), how weird is that?
June 24, 201313 yr 6 posts into the thread and its already been merged into a 2014 topic. It's SOB all over again.
June 24, 201313 yr It's nice that with this construction there is a general consensus it's going to be some kind of roller coaster opening next year. Son of Beast on the other hand was a towering monstrosity that stood dormant while it's fate was unknown to the public. With the 2014 construction we have a time expectancy, and until the reveal happens roughly between July and September, we will be at the pinnacle of the "what if" stage. Expect rampant speculation until the design is revealed. Last thing that I want to add, if the OP wants to talk hypotheticals in their thread, you can expect me to be right there to discuss with them
June 24, 201313 yr Author ^Actually, you were the one who asked for pictures of footers...which kind of got me started... (Not mad or anything, just pointing it out)
June 24, 201313 yr So back to the original post of the video.While videos don't really give you the full experience, I have to say that Full Throttle seems kind of underwhelming. Look at the length of the video, under 1 minute without the unload portion. The layout to me seems really kind of boring, a giant loop, then what looks to be a s-curve or two, then a small dive loop into a tunnel to be launched backwards just a bit, then to be launched over the giant loop, and then back into the station. I've not ridden it so I can't truly judge whether or not it's awesome, but I can say that this coaster wouldn't be the thing that would draw me to the park.Thanks for posting the POV.
June 24, 201313 yr X2, Tatsu, supes, Goliath, scream, etc are reasons to go to the park. Full Throttle is just icing on the cake. For a premier launch coaster I would take Full Throttle over FoF, and Back Yard Stunt Track any day.
June 29, 201313 yr http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/28/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-roller-coaster/index.html?c=&page=0
July 7, 201313 yr The Motley Fool: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/07/03/six-flags-and-cedar-fair-are-ready-to-ride.aspx
July 11, 201313 yr That looks like a good ride, but its really all about the records for Magic mountain. That's all they care about. The second launch is really pointless. Its just to add a record to it.
July 11, 201313 yr It was all about records for Cedar Point too, and we got awesome rides like TTD, Millenium Force, Magnum, Wicked Twister, Gatekeeper... As someone who HAS been to Magic Mountain, let me say it is not about the records and I personally loved each ride (weather it was record breaking or not) PS, before we go talking about a pointless second launch lets talk about BLST (flight of the valkyries?! Seriously?)
July 11, 201313 yr That looks like a good ride, but its really all about the records for Magic mountain. That's all they care about. The second launch is really pointless. Its just to add a record to it. I can assure you Six Flags cares far more about its target market than about records. They have ascertained their target market cares about things that Full Throttle satisfies. Cedar Point cares about its target market as well. Thinking that records is what is driving Six Flags and Magic Mountain is far too macro thinking. It's far more involved than that.
July 12, 201313 yr The second launch looks pointless to me. Why didn't they just have the LIMs continue the train along the course and launch it over that last air-time hill. Seems a little strange to stop the coaster train, back up, and then hit the launch to make it over that hill. Just me, seems odd.
July 12, 201313 yr stupid question, but figured this was a good place to ask. When talking about how long a coaster is, does the backwards launch add to the length (even though you travel over that portion of the track 3 times total) or not? Or to ask it more simply, for a ride like the great pumpkin coaster at Planet Snoopy, lets say 1 lap of the ride is 50' (I'm making that up, I don't know that actual length of track) does the fact that the ride goes thru 2 cycles make it 100' in total length??? Reason i ask, at some point, you've got to assume somebody will challenge Steel Dragoon for longest coaster in the world. Using LIMs seems like the logical choice, you don't need a 300'+ tall lift hill when you can do multiple launches. If a coaster can cover the same track multiple times, it would make the cost of obtaining the mark even cheaper.
Create an account or sign in to comment