Opening weekend crowds

firehawk fan

You mean the other rides' lines are short? :D

No, not true in the slightest.

Oh yes, it sure does!

I wonder if the line will wrap around and make it's way back through the direct route for Banshee..

--

Also, if anyone can post a pic from the tower from their phone, that'd be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, it'll be interesting to see the line in person when I'm there!

I'll see about uploading my photos somewhere...

Oh yes, it sure does!

I wonder if the line will wrap around and make it's way back through the direct route for Banshee..

--

Also, if anyone can post a pic from the tower from their phone, that'd be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, it'll be interesting to see the line in person when I'm there!

IMG_0219.jpg

Waiting to get in at 10am.

IMG_0220.jpg

Queue line was beginning to fill.

IMG_0223.jpg

Overview of the ride and you can see the mass of people that is the line.

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

People trying to come in at 1pm.

IMG_0227.jpg

People trying to get through the parking tolls.

IMG_0231.jpg

This was the crowd as I was leaving at 1:15

• Like 8

Just a quick question, what would the estimated wait for Banshee be at 11:30 this Sunday?

At 11:30 this Sunday? You'd be the first one in line. Park hours for this Sunday are noon to 7:00. And given that that is Easter Sunday, I would expect the park to be dead with people celebrating the holiday.

Work and school can be skipped*, and Good Friday is not nearly as widely observed as Easter Sunday.

I think at worst, it will be the same as a typical June weekday.

*Not without consequences, of course, but some things are just more important. :)

My nephew and I got in line for Banshee at 6:30 and we were sitting in the front row at 8:43. We then went to DB and the line looked so small compared to Banshee we decided to ride it, it was an hour wait. We noticed Banshee is twice the people eater! I think were going to just take the kids to the Columbus Zoo tomorrow, Kings Island was beyond packed and I would bet today will be beyond insane!

• Like 2

If Saturday is like Friday, I would think the crowds will be crazy. Sunday I think will be busy, but possibly not like Friday.

I have to give the Banshee ops credit. Once they got their rhythm down it ran smoothly and quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I went to the park Saturday and we only waited 25 minutes for Banshee.

There were a few things to note:

-no more jackhammering on Diamondback yay. I sat in the very back and it was extremely smooth

-Banshee has a small trim right before the drop into the valley

-Starlight Spectacular is gone

-Did they replace the lights in the royal fountains? The lights were very vibrant.

• Like 3