Design a ride for Kings Island.

KIFan1

7 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^Mack just joined the 200 ft club.  Give them some time with R&D to get to 300.  

Mack has already stated they could go over 300ft. Mack was founded in 1780, not a typo. They didn't start building roller coasters until the early 1930's. Intiman started building rides in the late 60's. The only thing I think Intiamni has on Mack is they have 2 Giga's and 2 Strata's under their belt. But Mack has said they can go over 300ft if a park wants them to. It's not like they don't know what they are doing. They have produced some amazing rides. I believe they could produce a World Class Giga. I believe their bigger Coaster are overall to expensive and a lot of the parks in the states don't want to pay that much for a ride. I love how Helix has the headlights at night and running lights on the trains. Awesomeness!! But that's just me, I'd love it if CF & KI stepped outta the out with Mack and produced the worlds best Giga. I can dream, can't I? lol

• Like 4

My design is a combination of a mine cart ride and a dark ride, essentially Adventure Express meets The Phantom Theater.  It would start off slow as you navigate through a haunted house or opera and then speed up with twists and turns and ups and down as you "evade" ghouls. Sort of like a chase through a Phantom Theater-like setting. 

• Like 2

I would probably remove Dinosaur's Alive and Firehawk, with it being replaced by a launched Wing Coaster. It would be themed similarly to Firehawk with an experimental flight system gone wrong. The launch would have sirens go off and then it would shoot the car into all the twists and turns that made Thunderbird good, but with unique inversions and actual good theming. (A longshot, I know!;))

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Sadly a 3rd train wouldn't help with capacity. It would be sitting on the brakes while one side is slowly loaded. The capacity nightmare for Firehawk is either the slow loading procedure or the lack of pulsing the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree.  When one train leaves the station the other can be unloading/loading.  Even if the 3rd train was waiting it should help the dispatch times between the trains. 

There still would be a significant delay. Just to dispatch a train takes what seems just as long as a train going through the entire course.

Ultimately what helps with capacity is the ride operators and guests moving quickly.

The ride loading and mechanism for lowering riders into position/sitting them up has doomed the ride from the start. The idea was for the train to recline on the lift not in the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 3/31/2017 at 10:05 AM, Joshua said:

My design is a combination of a mine cart ride and a dark ride, essentially Adventure Express meets The Phantom Theater.  It would start off slow as you navigate through a haunted house or opera and then speed up with twists and turns and ups and down as you "evade" ghouls. Sort of like a chase through a Phantom Theater-like setting. 

I always thought a mine/haunted mine themed attraction would be great for the Crypt's location. A dark ride woudl be great too, flume or traditional. Could dip in and out of the building and have some extensions added onto it to make a larger show building. The queue line wouldn't hardly needed changed as already has a mine feel to it. Coudl either jstu be a standard mine themed story or involve a ghost town if wan to go more traditional dark ride style or a Phatnom Theatre feel.

However, I almost wonder if all the theming and backstory on Mystic Timbers could be for build up of a storyline for the Rivertown area to incorporate into a Triotech dark ride.

On 3/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, chugh43 said:

The idea was for the train to recline on the lift not in the station.

I remember watching the promo video for the reclining system. I know it never initially did that at Geauga Lake either and relied on the station lift/lower system. Is there any reason why the idea never came to be? Is it possible to do it now?

• Like 1