Current wait times

APE

I just wish they wouldn't close The Beast at the fireworks, my friends and I would make it a point to try and get on the ride as the fireworks are going off. Now if you want to get a ride on The Beast after 9:45 you have to wait until at least 10:15 to actually get on the ride. Last year I got a ride at 11:00 on a 10:00 closing night due to this, which was pitch black, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

• Like 2

They have to do that.  Rozzi's shoots the fireworks not even 100 yards from where the big guy roams (close to the covered brake run).  They don't want to risk embers or debris hitting riders.  They also have to check the track for said embers before clearing it to ride.   

• Like 4

I was on WindSeeker during the fireworks one night last season. It looks as though the launch site is also close to the turnaround for the blue Racer. But I remember seeing the coasters run. I just can't remember if it was both, or just one side. It made me curious last year and I forgot to ask. Do they run both sides or just the red side during fireworks?

Side note- if the timing works out, being on WindSeeker during fireworks is pretty darn awesome. That is if you like fireworks and heights. :)

• Like 7

Vortex fireworks rides are highly underrated. With Vortex's intense layout, the inversions and speed, its an awesome bit of beautiful chaos.

I for one would also agree. I've had a handful of fireworks rides on Vortex, and no two have been alike. The only thing those instances have in common is the unparalleled experience of colorful explosions swirling about as you are turned upside down. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING else, can replicate that.

WindSeeker rides during the fireworks, on the other hand, are entirely another experience of their own. I had the privilege of experiencing that firsthand on May 23, 2014. :D

• Like 5

So I'm new and I know this doesn't pertain to what this thread is exactly about but have there been talks about developing an app for wait times like the one for CP? I know you can view them in KI's app but you have to be in the park to do so. I'm curious if there is enough of a community to allow something like this to function properly. If there's a thread for this are all and someone could hit me up with a link that would be great.

• Like 2

Not to mention, their jackAPP doesnt allow you to see ride wait times if your device location doesnt show as "in the park".  That alone, was enough to make me pull it off my phone.  If I would happen to be in the area, those times would very likely be a "go or no go" factor in whether or not I stopped by to grab a few rides on my way by.

• Like 4

For all of the wrap lovers, I just got the most monstrous chicken wrap from Chicken Shack on the dining plan. Either the staff didn't know it wasn't included or they've changed the options on the dining plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Banshee dispatching trains with three people on it, walked right on. I want to give a kudos to Emily working Diamondback tonight. Very friendly, waving at the riders as they left, just overall an enthusiastic employee who helps make a KIBestDay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6