Week VII: Favorite Christmas Dessert

BB1

As the season continues, the Christmas desserts like gingerbread, buche de noel (Yule log for you english speakers), and many more are to be made and eventually eaten. So, with this week coming close to the Christmas day, what is your favorite Christmas dessert?

• Like 2

These sugar cookies my aunt always made. I made them a fair amount when I was younger but lost my recipe as an adult. Last year I finally got the recipe from her again, and they're still as good as ever.

They're actually closer to muffin tops than typical cookies, extremely soft and light.

Blend in a bowl: 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp salt & 1 tsp baking powder

Add 1 egg, 1 cup sweet cream & 1 tsp vanilla

Dissolve 1 tsp baking soda in 1 cup sour cream...add to mixture

Add 3 1/2 cups flour - one cup at a time

Drop tsp of batter on a greased and floured cookie sheet

Sprinkle a little sugar on top - put red hot in middle

Bake at 425 for 8 minutes

9506914b2bc6ff15d9eaef323ace8878.jpg

• Like 5

My mom would make fudge (peanut butter was my favorite), caramel, and this ridiculous white chocolate chex mix mixture. She would make massive amounts to give away to everyone. It's been 11 years since I've had her versions of these recipes.

Other than those, there really isn't a dessert that screams Christmas for me. For our family Christmas party, I'll bake whatever my aunts or cousins request.

• Like 3

Oh man, where to begin....

Pumpkin Logs are the greatest thing possibly ever invented. .Dirt cake. Those cookies Magenta Lizard posted look great. Almost any kind of pie. Anything that have Snickers bars involved. My family always makes cheeseballs , don't know if their actually Christmas deserts or not, but there great. Brownies. Christmas tree cookies with M&M's. Fudge..............You guys probably see where I going with this.

Basically, anything will do. No wonder I gain so much during the holidays!

• Like 1