4/25/04 Report

PKI Punk

I decided to head up to PKI today at about 4:00. I was expecting a large crowd, but to my amazement, there really wasn't anyone there.

After dodging the photographers, I headed over to SDatHC. I was surprised at how small the line was. It was nearly a walk on. After getting off SDatHC (and I must say, I think I got the worst score I had ever gotten 250) I advanced over to my favorite area of the park, Rivertown.

I first rode TR:TR. When I got inside the ride and was in my seat when the ride op in the window told everyone in my row to move down 5 seats. Everone moved down, but then the ride op checking harnesses told use to move back to where we were? I was confused. But anyway, after TR:TR we walked, yes I said WALKED ON The Beast. I got in the front seat and had one of the smoothest rides on The Beast ever.

Next came Vortex. While I was boarding the train, this kid in the seat behind me was ****ed off about one of the ride ops telling him he was not allowed to take pics on the ride. I just laughed. I just hate it when people get ****ed about a ride op telling them they can't do something. I guess they don;t realize that it is a general park rule and is really just for there safety. One of my favorite exaples is when someone gets ticked because they aren't allowed to sit on the handrails.

After Vortex, I rode FOF. I must say that FOF crew was running kind of crappy today. No offence, but they just seemed to be off. We then rode recaR and then Delirium. Delirium was a total walk on.

I don't know why, but after Delirium I rode SOB. After I got off SOB, I had regreated getting on. I was in the second to last seat, and again I got the hell beat out of me.

I wanted to get on F/O and with only a 5 minute wait, I figured, what the hell. I rode in the front/back seat and I rode with some kid who told me that he had ridden F/O 10 times in a row that day and this was going to be his 11th. After F/O I decided to ride Delirium one time and then leave.

Over all, it was a really good day, only a few things:

1. FOF crew was a little off.

2. SOB is still the most violent ride in the park.

3. Some parks guests are insane. laugh.gif

Sounds like a good day. I've wanted to head up there ever since Dry Run Day but basketball has delayed me. Hopefully I'll get up there after my ankle heals after what happened today. I haven't ridden any rides except the ones in Coney Mall and Rivertown this year so I'll have to head up there sometime soon.

I had a feeling the park might be a little slow today with all the rain we had this morning scaring alot of the people away. When the sun came out, I wanted to drop what I was doing and head straight for the park, but other stuff came first. BLAH! Glad you had fun!

Yeah, i wish I could have gone to PKI today, but I was stuck down at Coney for the Flower Show, staffing the pedal boats across Lake Como. There will always be another day! It wasn`t that bad, but for being a day in which it was supposed to rain, I am now quite red from the sun, LOL!.

I have a question in reguards with small lines. On Sunday (yesterday) I was thinking about marathoning Delirium. Does anyone know the record for most rides on Delirium in a day?

I really don't know the answer to that one, but I have seen people who have tried. I'll ask my sups, and see if they know. Sometimes if it is a really slow day, we just let people stay on without running through the line again.

I know it is not the record by a long shot, but I did it 20 times this past Easter Sunday. I wish I had your crew there that day! There was maybe 15-20 people in line but they still made me get out and get back into line to ride it again. No big deal. Was just confused as to the reason why. I mean, I made myself at home on The Beast that day riding 5 times in a row without ever having to get off the train! But I had to get out of my seat and get back in line to ride the frisbee again. What really cracked me up is that I would always make it back on the ride before the next cycle took off and a couple times I would end up in the very same seat I just got out of! Was hoping the ride op would see what I was doing and just let me stay. But it's cool!

Every Onward,

Bill

I went to PKI for the first time on Sat. and I thought SOB was AMAZING! It was SO smooth (provided you sat in the middle of the car).

o wow! you must be REALLY small if you were able to have a smooth ride on that stupid SOB (in both ways). when i rode it a few weeks ago i did think it was smoother than any other time. i mean i didn't get cramps in the second helix this time! yay but it's still rough as hell!

I was thinking about going up on a Sunday (early) and setting a record for Delirium. At the photo shoot for Delirium at the beginning of last season, I rode it 7 times in a row. That was one of the best days ever.

I reguad to the smooth ride on SOB, I rode in a MIDDLE SEAT on Sunday and still got the crap kicked out of me.

I love Delirium, but hate SOB!

Back in July of 2000, for the paw print pass holder ert on SoB, they had the ride open to paw print pass holders from 9-11. I rode it nine times in about two hours, however, I did have to walk around and get back in line. Not to mention that I had ridden it two times the day before and two times the day after with relatives from Arizona. By the end of the 14 rides in three days, I had battle wounds on my thighs from battling the son of The Beast, LOL!

During the Paramount wide softball fun (for people of invite only) they opened the Action Zone rides up for an hour. I rode SOB back and forth between the front and back seat about 5 times in a row. I was a little shaken by the end. I definetly wouldn't want to do a marathon on that ride like some have done on other rides. There isn' enough padding you could put between me and the car because you just shake way to much to not have brain damage at least way through the day.

In May 2002, the Travel Channel was filming the ride. There were about 20 of us riding over and over. In the morning, we had to ride about 10 times. (with the camera on the train) That afternoon, we had to ride 24 times(!) Most of my rides were 4:2...but I had to move up a row for the last 10 or so rides.

Jeff S. was in the station the entire afternoon, and could see the toll the ride was taking on us. He did his best to keep us energetic...and laughing during the short pause between rides. After that day, I had no need to climb aboard for a while....

I know it is not the record by a long shot, but I did it 20 times this past Easter Sunday. I wish I had your crew there that day! There was maybe 15-20 people in line but they still made me get out and get back into line to ride it again. What really cracked me up is that I would always make it back on the ride before the next cycle took off and a couple times I would end up in the very same seat I just got out of! Was hoping the ride op would see what I was doing and just let me stay. But it's cool!

What times did you get on? Because if it was towards the end of the day(3:45-8), you probably saw me in uniform.