Flight of Fear Capacity

Pagoda Gift Shop

I just stumbled upon Flight of Fear's Wikipedia page where it claims the capacity is 2000 riders per hour....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_Fear

HAHAHA.  I would imagine 2000 was the theoretical capacity for the ride running 4 trains.  I believe it only ever ran with 3, and now it runs with only 2, I think.  I would be stunned if it does more than 800 people per hour.

• Like 6

The Wikipedia editors who primarily work with amusement park articles continue to stubbornly rely on RCDB, despite the fact that many of its claims are easily proven false.

This is part of the reason why I no longer regularly edit Wikipedia.

• Like 2

Yeah I figure the original RCDB source (which Wikipedia is using) is probably the original ride documentation/specification.  I don't understand the differences in the early Premier "spaghetti bowl" models and the later ones (Poltergeist, Joker's Jinx, another in China).  The later models don't even have a mid-course brake, so they are technically designed for less trains.  So is the excess speed hurting those rides?  

I also find it funny that Banshee is likely operating with an hourly capacity which is equal to Flight of Fear and Firehawk combined.  Maybe that is a bit of a stretch, but it certainly feels that way sometimes.

• Like 3

Yeah.. idk, but I'm definitely jealous of the lack of a MCBR for the clones. That's what has always landed Flight of Fear to not be one of my favorite rides.. because, you aren't just slowed and trimmed... like.. you STOP.. then you can feel the ride going too slow for what was designed as you always feel a force towards the inside of a turn.

Not so much to do with the capacity but has anyone noticed the "upgraded" lights in both the spaceship and the spaghetti bowl? In the spaceship there are now pulsating LED lights that change colors.  In the bowl there are many LED floodlights making it brighter than the 3-5 working floodlights that were there in the past.  I just noticed this on my last trip and it definitely wasn't there at the beginning of the season.

• Like 5