Italian Job

stephenmayes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can see a new Nick attraction (possibly a renovated an rethemed antique car ride?). Also, I could see another large flat going in somewhare, maybe in COney Mall as part of the continued renovation of that area. But 2006 is a long way off. I`m sure the park has a pretty good idea on what they are doing then, but are currently focusing their efforts on IJST.

I think they concentrate on one area at a time per year...

2005: Coney Mall

2004: Waterpark

2003: AZ

2002: Rivertown

2001: Nick Central

2000: AZ

1999: AZ <--- That's the only exception.

I guess logically IF we get something in addition to a kiddy expansion, it would be AZ, but I don't necessarily see that happening since AZ is so crowded anyway. My guess would be it would be a Rivertown expansion of some sort, so they can dispurse the AZ crowds a little. RT has plenty of room for more foot traffic since it doesn't dead end like AZ does.

Just look at the area next to The Beast, PLENTY of room for a stratacoaster. biggrin.gif

Here is what I see:

2006 - Small flat ride or waterpark expansion.

2007 - Nick Central recieves the Spongebob Boating Course

2008 - Hanna Barbera Land is assimilated into Nick Central.

2009 - Huss Jump2 added to old Flight Commander platform

2010 - PKI acquires its first B&M

Here is what I see:

2006 - Small flat ride or waterpark expansion.

2007 - Nick Central recieves the Spongebob Boating Course

2008 - Hanna Barbera Land is assimilated into Nick Central.

2009 - Huss Jump2 added to old Flight Commander platform

2010 - PKI acquires its first B&M

I wouldn't hold my breath on that Jump 2...hahaha.

Hanna Barbera - You will be assimilated! Your rides and attractions will be added to our own. Your rides will recieve Spongebob theming. Resistance is futile. laugh.gif

Edit: A Jump2 would be awesome at the old Flight Commander platform. The extra height would make it all the more exciting. I don't see why they wouldn't add a Jump2. Its a great ride, and it would be something different from what they have now. Of the really big flat rides, its one of the few we don't have. Although I think an Intamin Giant Observation Wheel would be cool too, but maybe unnecessairy because of the Eiffel Tower.

Flight of Fear has been reliable. After the kinks were worked out the first season (it and its twin at PKD were the first coasters to use LIMS) it has been reliable ever since, minus small technical difficulties that occur on any ride. I belive IJST will be a reliable ride. Since it is a new ride, and will be synchronized to the special effects, there will inevitably be times this season when the ride is closed, but overall I think IJST will be a very reliable ride. I do not think a B&M coaster would have worked with the Italian Job theme that Paramount wanted. I believe the design by Premier works, although i do wish the trains held more than just 12 people each.

But seriously, if the helicopter performs just like it does in the animation ( propellor, full movement, sim gun fire ), how long do you think it will be before it starts having problems? This ride's performance can't be compared to FOF's because FOF doesn't have any effects on the ride itself. The only things that are synchronized to the movement of the train are the music and the lights in the station (nothing major).

Things will break over time. PKI will just have to decide if it’s cost effective to fix them. The ride hasn’t even been finished. Before we bash it to death lets wait and give it a chance. Not a record breaker but a heart breaker with its unique theme and killer special effects.

Things will break over time. PKI will just have to decide if it’s cost effective to fix them. The ride hasn’t even been finished. Before we bash it to death lets wait and give it a chance. Not a record breaker but a heart breaker with its unique theme and killer special effects.

People aren't bashing the ride, they are bashing PKI's upkeep of their theming, which next year, I think will change for the better.