Italian Job

stephenmayes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think IJ will be one of those rides that will be fun to ride for maybe the first few times but then after that its just boring..thats really the only thing i'm worried about(other than the theming fading away) all in all i'm pretty excited to ride it just because of some of the features i've heard about..i think pki couldn't done a million times better with their rides but seeing the image i believe pki is going for, they really couldn't have done any better..just not pleased with their decision to take out certain rides..ahem

I think PKI has done a killer job with themeing. Look at Tomb Raider, what other park close to us has a ride that well themed? One of my favorite rides is FOF. From the time you approach the building you are looking at some great theming. The IJ will blow us away I think.

yea, i admit that tomb raider theming is amazing even fof is amazing too(especially at night) that is what makes me happy about the theming pki is capable of...what makes me worried is top gun, obviously the need to keep up the theming there is not priority compared to fof and tr but it still worries me because there is always the possibility that IJ could end up like TG, although doubtful. Tomb Raider has good theming but there are little things that could be fixed and although are very little still sort of bring down the quality of the theming there. For example the spinning triangle in antechamber before you head into preshow, its small but i think its important to keep up the theming no matter how small..it gives the guest a better impression of the park..i expect something along those lines to happen to IJ, something small breaks and PKi doesn't take the time to fix it which could lead into bigger things.so lets hope pki does a good job maintaining this ride.

Okay as i have heard rumored, the Addams family will be themed for the Antique cars in 06, or so my friends have been saying, but it could happen, just think, a slow meandering course, through a cemetary, hmm, it may happen. BUT WHY TAKE OUT EAGLES! it doesnt even seem to be in the way... by the way, how big is this Italian H*ndjob anyway? i mean its going to be an average ride, nothing major, and it is not, i repeat NOT a diving machine, so whoever said that, shove it! okay, on to more important things, maybe since this ride will be in the middle, there wont be such long of lines at Flight of Fear and Vortex, two of my favorite Steel, and seeings how i have only been to PKI twice, within the past year, and life, i would like to have short lines...

Adams Family car ride. I kind of like it. Of course Halloween is my favorite holiday hands down. The only draw back is the cars are a family ride. To make the themeing work it would need to be good. And when I say good I mean perhaps a little too good for young kids. Some of the talk on here is that PKI hsa been looking to get rid of them for years due to the $ cost to maintain them. Not to mention the long wait. Interesting though.

i think its a great idea to theme the cars after the adams family...and it wouldn't have to be too good for little kids..if anybody has been to disney world and been in their dark ride...its one of the coolest and most amazing dark rides ever and its family friendly, its not scary or anything but it has elements to it that kids are going to love and the the older crowd will like too even if its not scary or "too good" however, i doubt pki would do that...because 1.)they already have a dark ride that somewhat goes along the same idea, spooky ghosts, monsters, etc. 2.)pki wants to save money instead of using money to maintain the ride itself...

Italian Job is going to be awesome! I used to think it would be dumb, but then I took a different approach to it. I really enjoy Adventure Express. Sure, it's a family ride, but it is really enjoyable, and I ride it frequently when I need a break from SOB or Beast or Vortex. IJST will be slightly faster than AE, but will use a two LIM power-launches, and a LIM boost. That will add a lot of intensity to the ride. In addition, the theming is going to be unbelievable. I hope Jeff is wrong about the theming breaking by 2006.

At first, I was mad cause I thought they were tearing out the Eagles for a kiddie coaster. But now I look forward to it. I think it will be very fun. Like I said, I enjoy Adventure Express, and even Rugrats Runaway Reptar (but won't ride it unless it is not busy). So I will like IJST too. But don't get me wrong, I don't spend all my time riding Kiddie rides - I plan to be at 500 SOB rides by next season! laugh.gif

My main beef with IJST is that it only has 12 people per train. I don't know how many trains there will be, but that is low capacity. If it runs 3 trains, thats only like 530 people an hour. I figure - its about the same duration as AE, and if it runs 3 12-person trains, as opposed to AEs 3 36-person trains, it will have 1/3 the capacity of AE. I hope I am wrong, so if anybody has better stats on this, please do prove me wrong! ohmy.giflaugh.gif

I just hope IJST doesn't become host to the longest lines in the park. I love Face/Off, but it just isn't worth the wait most of the time. I have done it a few times though where I was able to walk on, without waiting, and other times where I had to wait an hour. I hope IJST has at least a moderate capacity.

Tomb Raider has good theming but there are little things that could be fixed and although are very little still sort of bring down the quality of the theming there. For example the spinning triangle in antechamber before you head into preshow, its small but i think its important to keep up the theming no matter how small..it gives the guest a better impression of the park..

Wow, someone other than me that feels the same way about the "little things" at TRTR! Unfortunately, I have mentioned this problem to my superiors every day I work. They don't care. If the triangle is not fixed this season, it just shows that it never will be.

Yeah, I think that this new ride could impact the traffic flow within the park. I definantly think that Coney Mall by the Dodgems and Flight of Fear could be busier this season. Although, since the restraint change on Flight of Fear, it has been busy most days. I don`t think it will have too much of an impact on Vortex, because Vortex is such a high capacity ride. Hopefully, it will thin out some of the huge crowds that congregat in the Action Zone.

I had not heard of the rumor about the Antique cars returning themed to the Addams family. I had only heard about them returning as a Nickelodeon car wash themed attraction, although I don`t know how well water and the cars would work maintenance wise.

I am glad that these other people are not excited about IJ:ST. It means I won't have to stand in line behind them...NOT! I guarantee that nearly every naysayer will be lined up for it next year even though they love to trash it here on the boards.

A gold season pass card will live up to it's color this year with early ride times and walk on weekends for sure. I can already feal the eyes burning into the back of my neck as I pass the entire cue line to get on one of the best themed coasters on the planet.

The only thing that ****es me off about IJST is that it is not an original, I mean that it is not going to be the only park with it. Wonderland is getting the exact same ride. I hate when the park does that like with FOF at PKI and PKD.

Well look at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is a powerhouse due to its buying power of the competition. They buy in bulk and expand like a disease. I think Paramount parks are spreading the wealth along all its parks. They do this buy buying more than one ride from a company to get a better deal. Smart if you ask me. In the end Paramount will be the best!

If you really think about it, Paramount might be doing this so that the GP doesnt have to drive as far to enjoy the newest attractions. Think about it, the regular GP (NOT enthusiasts) dont really get out and go to other parks that often. So instead of bring the GP to the ride, bring the ride to the GP.

Does Paramount by double of Premeir Rides and get them both for a cheaper price? PKI and PKD- Flight of Fear twins, PKI AND PCW- IJST twins!

-Jake

I wouldn't doubt that they cut some sort of deal for getting two rides, but at the same time, I don't think the price cut is a major consideration when planning.