Age Discrimination Lawsuit-Cedar Point

On 3/19/2024 at 8:46 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

You would think a company that has a hard enough time getting employees would be bending over backwards to help themselves get employees not make it harder. 

My thoughts exactly. Not to mention when the kids go back to school, the adult workforce is needed that much more. 

• Like 1

I think this policy was put in place before the issues of sexual assault in the dorms made the news, but I always associated the two issues with each other.  I remember when the stories about Cedar Point covering up cases of rape that there were also stories about young women not being comfortable due to creepy old men staying in the dorms.  I have no idea the ages of anyone involved in any incidents that occurred in the dorms, so I am not sure if this has any basis in reality beyond stories that were reported by news organizations which might have been reporting anything possibly related or trying to steer the public’s opinion.

I believe this policy was implemented in 2021 so maybe it was COVID related.  The only older individual I have known who stayed in the dorms only worked at the park weekends during Halloween, and only stayed I think Friday and Saturday nights.  I am curious how many people were affected by this policy.  Would separating dorm buildings by age ranges be legal?

I definitely agree that 18 year olds shouldn't be housed with grown adults, however, there still could have been a solution to keep things separate but equal. Maybe offer a housing stipend in the local hotels

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

there still could have been a solution to keep things separate but equal. Maybe offer a housing stipend in the local hotels

Most definitely. The fact it was a hard no is probably what created the suit.

When I was a college student, I spent a year in Yellowstone National Park working for a lodging concessionaire.  On site dorms. We had college students, retired people, middle aged and the whole lot living in harmony. I'll never forget Granny Betty and Uncle Frank.  Long live Wapiti and Tatonka dorms!