An Inside Look at Kings Island Public Relation's Response to the Banshee Incident

3 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I’m not shocked that this person is doing this, given they’ve gone behind closed doors before. I’m more shocked that this thread is still around.

First off let me say that I have no interest in Mr. Showalter one way or another….what he does or doesn’t do doesn’t effect my love for the park, with that said, I do agree with you, I am also shocked that this thread is still around…and the fact that it is seems kind of telling to me. If what the whistleblower is saying isn’t true I would expect  one of two things to have happened by now….the obvious one is that Chad would have replied to the accusations and denied them…wouldn’t you have done that if it were you? After all it is not making either him or the park look good…why remain silent instead of setting the record straight….unless the record is already straight. Along those same lines, if the whole story is false I certainly think it falls into slander…so why hasn’t Chad threatened a lawsuit if this thread is not deleted?

On a separate note, you seem to imply by the above quote that you know exactly who the whistleblower is….why not simply post your theory instead of being vague? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2024 at 12:23 AM, standbyme said:

Chad would have replied to the accusations and denied them…wouldn’t you have done that if it were you?

Responding to random, anonymous Internet posts on a niche enthusiast platform adds credibility to the claims against him. Ignoring them has the opposite effect.

Had Chad gotten into a public back-and-forth with the accuser here, that may well have been a newsworthy story. A few uninformed dorks arguing online (and I include myself in that group) is not newsworthy.

if the whole story is false I certainly think it falls into slander…so why hasn’t Chad threatened a lawsuit if this thread is not deleted?

First of all, this would be libel, not slander, since the criticisms are written rather than spoken. But more importantly, to sue for libel, the statements made must be provably-false, and must be shown to have caused harm or damage. So, if Chad didn't lose his job as a result of this information coming to light, or wasn't able to secure future employment due to these claims, there would possibly be a case, but even then it's still a long shot.

• Like 1

I'm not getting in the middle of whether this story is true or false. I'm just going to put it out there that I'm not the biggest Chad fan but I don't want the guy to lose his job or anything. That's just being malicious. I personally think he writes uninteresting articles/stories. I just go to Tower Topics and KIC for my KI news now because anything coming out of the park's media department doesn't provide as good of content. Again this is all my personal opinion.

I met Chad when he was running the ACE Largest Ride event that I attended and he was super friendly to all of us ACE members and even gave us all a single use fastlane for coming to the event. However, from what I saw he didn't treat the KI staff with the same super friendly attitude he portrayed towards us. I felt like he was kind of short with them and acted like they were just getting in the way. Now I obviously do not have all the facts, Chad might have been having a bad stressful day, maybe the KI staff were being super incompetent, maybe he was going though something in his personal life. I don't know and I'm not to judge. I don't personally know him or anything and I appreciate him running the ACE event for us. 

First off let me say that I have no interest in Mr. Showalter one way or another….what he does or doesn’t do doesn’t effect my love for the park, with that said, I do agree with you, I am also shocked that this thread is still around…and the fact that it is seems kind of telling to me. If what the whistleblower is saying isn’t true I would expect  one of two things to have happened by now….the obvious one is that Chad would have replied to the accusations and denied them…wouldn’t you have done that if it were you? After all it is not making either him or the park look good…why remain silent instead of setting the record straight….unless the record is already straight. Along those same lines, if the whole story is false I certainly think it falls into slander…so why hasn’t Chad threatened a lawsuit if this thread is not deleted?

On a separate note, you seem to imply by the above quote that you know exactly who the whistleblower is….why not simply post your theory instead of being vague? 

And neither do I, however I think we both have a lot of interest relating to Kings Island and our community here at KIC. 

What is telling is that no admin representatives here was present for media day at Camp Snoopy, my guess they weren’t even invited. Yet admin at the KI Passholder FB group did get invited to media day. Which speaking of FB groups this “whistleblower” stated they did not post this allegation on any of those pages. Which in reality is because none those pages would not accept such an allegation not presented with solid facts. Heck there wasnt even a media story.

It’s frustrating that we didnt have any respresentation at Camp Snoopy’s media day. I would argue that some of the most passionate people about Kings Island are members here on KIC. Then you see post like this which go against our TOS, that nobody else picked up this story and ran with it being that it’s highly questionable. It’s not a good look on our community here at KIC, especially if were going to have any relationship with the park.

As far as who I think it is. I wont name drop but you’ll have to take a look back in history, as you know what they say about history. It tends to repeat itself. Which strangely enough, this is going on around the same time period: 

• Like 1

There is probably nothing productive to add to this thread at this point. So it will now be locked. If there was an ounce of truth to the claims mentioned, we hope the park addressed them and rectified any wrongdoings. 

To be clear we are on the side of the park, and want it to be the best park for everyone including a successful communications department.  KIC promotes the park as much as we can on our social channels. We do this because we love and appreciate the park for bringing everyone so much joy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1