Scorpion at BGT is closing

Sad this is going but it was running pretty janky for a Schwarzkopf when I rode it two years ago. The only way a park is going to keep a Schwarzkopf these days is if it's a beloved classic/historically significant or if the park doesn't have a lot of investment put into it. For example, revolution at magic mountain isn't going anywhere anytime soon because it's a classic. I'd guess frontier city is also going to hang silver bullet as long as possible. A park like BGT doesn't have one that is an ACE coaster landmark or as iconic as something like super-duper-looper but they do invest in BGT quite often so it makes sense it's being retired for a modern replacement 

9 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Side note, we an RMC Rator tripple loop

hu?

3 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Sad this is going but it was running pretty janky for a Schwarzkopf when I rode it two years ago. The only way a park is going to keep a Schwarzkopf these days is if it's a beloved classic/historically significant or if the park doesn't have a lot of investment put into it. For example, revolution at magic mountain isn't going anywhere anytime soon because it's a classic. I'd guess frontier city is also going to hang silver bullet as long as possible. A park like BGT doesn't have one that is an ACE coaster landmark or as iconic as something like super-duper-looper but they do invest in BGT quite often so it makes sense it's being retired for a modern replacement 

I 100% get that. I hope that SFOT keeps Shockwave as long as possible! 

7 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I 100% get that. I hope that SFOT keeps Shockwave as long as possible! 

Yes that one is my personal favorite and I will definitely try to make a trip to ride it if they ever announce it's closure. If it lasts till 2028 I'm going to make a motion for it to become an ACE Landmark for holding the record of highest G-force in the USA for 50 years. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

hu?

RMC created Wild Moose with the intent of it being used as either a replacement for existing wild mouses or just fitting on a small plot of land. It would be cool if they took a stab at their own take on compact Schwarzkopf designs.

15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

RMC created Wild Moose with the intent of it being used as either a replacement for existing wild mouses or just fitting on a small plot of land. It would be cool if they took a stab at their own take on compact Schwarzkopf designs.

Gotcha! Didn’t follow lol