Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Starlight Plaza

Featured Replies

I was going down the KI YouTube algorithm and saw this. I thought it great that someone took the time to make this series and design a new land.

I love the concept, but that would definitely cost at least 100 million dollars to bring to life. Maybe if Kings Island was bought by Universal, Disney, or Herschend then this could happen lol.

  • Author

Amen. There are also things that make it logistically prohibitive. Too many hidden areas for security to patrol. Ongoing costs of keeping theming working and light bulbs burning. But if the concept was scaled back it would solve so many of the existing missing pieces.

I can't imagine the work that went into the series.

This would be nice to see in real life, it would turn the park into a destination park for sure, costs though would be huge ($75+ million) like what Hawaiian said, if they were to add a resort and made a lot of money with it, they might be tempted to spend the money, but it’s a nice what if concept.

They released a neat nighttime video today and working on a Colossal POV video next.

I would, personally, like to see Six Flags buy one of the Coney Island entrances and relocate or rebuild at the entrance to Coney Mall... and create a replica of Moonlight Gardens at the end of the strip (near the site of The Vortex line queue) to be an indoor quick service restaurant with meeting space akin to Cedar Point's Grand Pavillion.

Chance of happening? <20%.

It looks really nice, but my biggest issue with it is that the inspiration feels like it was taken from the wrong Coney Island. I think the description even says that it was inspired by Luna Park (at Coney Island in NYC). If we get a renovation of Coney Mall I'd prefer it to at least be in the spirit of our old Coney.

On 8/25/2026 at 4:15 PM, Outdoor Man said:

I would, personally, like to see Six Flags buy one of the Coney Island entrances and relocate or rebuild at the entrance to Coney Mall... and create a replica of Moonlight Gardens at the end of the strip (near the site of The Vortex line queue) to be an indoor quick service restaurant with meeting space akin to Cedar Point's Grand Pavillion.

Chance of happening? <20%.

A new Grand Pavilion-style restaurant with the look of Moonlite Gardens would be really good replacement for KillMart's building. That would also allow for the midway to be realigned and get rid of that odd kink in the path created by KMAA. Keep Shake, Rattle, and Roll and let The Vortex successor rise above it. If WindSeeker gets demolished then that would be a good plaza for a new big dark ride on the plot of Action Theater.

I love the idea of KI getting another large restaurant, but as I think about it more and more I do not think it would be viable to open another large scale dining location without shutting another one down. In the Coney Mall area especially due to them already having BBQ, Jukebox, and Enriques all pretty close together. (I know Enriques is not technically apart of Coney Mall, but it is a large restaurant that is in the general vicinity of the area) I do not see them tearing down any three of these restaurant in the foreseeable future. All three restaurant have a lot of infrastructure behind the scenes that make them run at such an high output. I think the area definitely needs a refresh and some money to help tie everything together.

I think it would make more sense to see the KillMart area stay a haunted house due to the fact that it is one of the indoor mazes and it is in a prime Midway spot.

I would demolish Jukebox and have the larger restaurant replace its functions. If they reuse some of the layout from the Grand Pavilion then the lower floor could serve the hamburgers and chicken tenders while the upper floor has the bar and/or second restaurant. (cough... Coney Potato Works 2... cough)

This is a concept I made a while back with the new Grand Pavilion-style restaurant and pathway straightening. The orange circle could be some new Flying Eagles or another flat ride. Would it be the easiest addition to the park (especially considering Jukebox's "recent" renovation)? No, but I think it'd be worth it for guest flow and area revitalization. It feels much more achievable than the admittedly-impressive Starlight Plaza.

image.png

Speaking of food and park restaurants. With the new meal plans and prices- we renewed our annual passes for 2027... but without the meal plan. I would possibly consider, but they are seriously going to need to step it up a bit if they are going to charge what they are... and especially if the expect the paying Public to spend $20+/person on a meal. We were at the park over the weekend and ordered two cheese coneys and returned them because... they were cold. The served up another at the window featuring cheese and chilli all over the countertop... and I returned those two coneys... because they were cold. Finally got some lukewarm hot dogs and proceeded to go eat on the DISGUSTING Coney Mall tables. It's like they've given up on cleanliness. The serving areas are disgusting. They never have ice and the drink areas have Coke all over the countertops (and floor). Condiment areas are gross.

Admittedly, I'm a person that "cash-flowed" the 2026 meal plan in April so I'm part of the reason food service has taken it on the chin. However, given the quality of the food and eating areas, my current cost basis for the food of roughly $3-4 per seems reasonably priced. (Except the pulled pork..... the park has outstanding pulled pork).

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2026 at 2:27 AM, Losantiville Mining Co. said:

I would demolish Jukebox and have the larger restaurant replace its functions. If they reuse some of the layout from the Grand Pavilion then the lower floor could serve the hamburgers and chicken tenders while the upper floor has the bar and/or second restaurant. (cough... Coney Potato Works 2... cough)

This is a concept I made a while back with the new Grand Pavilion-style restaurant and pathway straightening. The orange circle could be some new Flying Eagles or another flat ride. Would it be the easiest addition to the park (especially considering Jukebox's "recent" renovation)? No, but I think it'd be worth it for guest flow and area revitalization. It feels much more achievable than the admittedly-impressive Starlight Plaza.

I still really like this

On 9/8/2026 at 11:43 PM, Outdoor Man said:

Speaking of food and park restaurants. With the new meal plans and prices- we renewed our annual passes for 2027... but without the meal plan. I would possibly consider, but they are seriously going to need to step it up a bit if they are going to charge what they are... and especially if the expect the paying Public to spend $20+/person on a meal. We were at the park over the weekend and ordered two cheese coneys and returned them because... they were cold. The served up another at the window featuring cheese and chilli all over the countertop... and I returned those two coneys... because they were cold. Finally got some lukewarm hot dogs and proceeded to go eat on the DISGUSTING Coney Mall tables. It's like they've given up on cleanliness. The serving areas are disgusting. They never have ice and the drink areas have Coke all over the countertops (and floor). Condiment areas are gross.

Admittedly, I'm a person that "cash-flowed" the 2026 meal plan in April so I'm part of the reason food service has taken it on the chin. However, given the quality of the food and eating areas, my current cost basis for the food of roughly $3-4 per seems reasonably priced. (Except the pulled pork..... the park has outstanding pulled pork).

I don’t understand this mindset. Park management isn’t telling associates to stop cleaning, serve cold food, load half full trains, check restraints slower.

I’m not saying these things aren’t bad or aren’t an issue. I think it reflects more on the associates and leadership that were in that particular day, and they should strive to do better.

On 9/22/2026 at 1:28 PM, OwenFromTheRacer said:

I don’t understand this mindset. Park management isn’t telling associates to stop cleaning, serve cold food, load half full trains, check restraints slower.

I’m not saying these things aren’t bad or aren’t an issue. I think it reflects more on the associates and leadership that were in that particular day, and they should strive to do better.

No, Park management isn't telling them to stop cleaning, serve cold food, etc... But management should be telling Supervisors to address these issues. If they aren't then they need to take a walk around the park and experience all of the senses as a first-time guest would.

8 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

No, Park management isn't telling them to stop cleaning, serve cold food, etc... But management should be telling Supervisors to address these issues. If they aren't then they need to take a walk around the park and experience all of the senses as a first-time guest would.

Yeah that is probably the reason. I hope it's not something you've seen with my crew.

18 minutes ago, OwenFromTheRacer said:

Yeah that is probably the reason. I hope it's not something you've seen with my crew.

Honestly, something that I think could REALLY help. It was probably a hassle and more trouble than the average chimp knew about- but on the surface it would seem to solve a lot of things.

During the Paramount days they had "volunteer" workers come supporting non-profits. I did this as a volunteer and leader of a non-profit organization that did it. These were the bullet points as I remembered them.

  • more "mature" adults working

  • Volunteers working that weren't jaded by the daily grind

  • Volunteers got to do something "different." I LOVED working Tower Funnel cakes, getting burnt by splashing oil... I actually did like it

  • Volunteers had "skin in the game" because they were raising money for their particular charity

  • Park generally had better workforce those days than teenage associates.

  • Volunteers got paid by the park "donating" a per-hour rate to the charity- and free tix to return

  • No payroll tax, just donation and community goodwill for the park.

Something I did notice during those days were that MANY of the supervisors were consumed with being the "cool" supervisor than being an actual supervisor and the volunteer adults usually were working while the Sup's and Associates were talking and laughing.

Think about it. Pay associate to do a half job wiping down tables for $15/hour (I don't know what the hourly rate it)- (multiple associates covering a 14 hour work day). Approx $250/day, including various payroll fees. Or get the labor 25 hours from volunteers with the benefit of positive community recognition and instead of paying payroll taxes/fees, getting a donation write off.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Outdoor Man said:

Honestly, something that I think could REALLY help. It was probably a hassle and more trouble than the average chimp knew about- but on the surface it would seem to solve a lot of things.

During the Paramount days they had "volunteer" workers come supporting non-profits. I did this as a volunteer and leader of a non-profit organization that did it. These were the bullet points as I remembered them.

  • more "mature" adults working

  • Volunteers working that weren't jaded by the daily grind

  • Volunteers got to do something "different." I LOVED working Tower Funnel cakes, getting burnt by splashing oil... I actually did like it

  • Volunteers had "skin in the game" because they were raising money for their particular charity

  • Park generally had better workforce those days than teenage associates.

  • Volunteers got paid by the park "donating" a per-hour rate to the charity- and free tix to return

  • No payroll tax, just donation and community goodwill for the park.

Something I did notice during those days were that MANY of the supervisors were consumed with being the "cool" supervisor than being an actual supervisor and the volunteer adults usually were working while the Sup's and Associates were talking and laughing.

Think about it. Pay associate to do a half job wiping down tables for $15/hour (I don't know what the hourly rate it)- (multiple associates covering a 14 hour work day). Approx $250/day, including various payroll fees. Or get the labor 25 hours from volunteers with the benefit of positive community recognition and instead of paying payroll taxes/fees, getting a donation write off.

I think the "cool sup" is still a thing today. It's like they get a shirt that says Cedar Fair SUPERVISOR and they are immune from responsibility. I've seen them standing around during WinterFest laughing with each other or try to be Michael Scott with the front line workers, while people are waiting in line for food or drinks.

There are hard working folks at the park including some of the Cedar Fair SUPERVISORs, but most I have seen have been more inward focused than customer focused. It's like they don't have leadership guidance and want to be bffs with the front line.

The fundraiser (or FUNraiser as they call it now in some of the parks) still exists, but I've seen it more at Cedar Point than here at Kings Island. It's a good program, but you have to have people/organizations who are willing to work these jobs in the park, are willing/able to travel to the park, and the parks have to be willing/able to pay the fundraising wages. I don't know what the rates are these days at other places, but when I did fundraising like this in college a few years ago we were "paid" something around 10% of what the stand made that day or a minimum of $10/hour times the number of volunteers working. All of that said, I can't imagine the parks putting volunteers on custodial duties. Food and beverage service, yes. Custodial work, no.

15 hours ago, Losantiville Mining Co. said:

The fundraiser (or FUNraiser as they call it now in some of the parks) still exists, but I've seen it more at Cedar Point than here at Kings Island. It's a good program, but you have to have people/organizations who are willing to work these jobs in the park, are willing/able to travel to the park, and the parks have to be willing/able to pay the fundraising wages. I don't know what the rates are these days at other places, but when I did fundraising like this in college a few years ago we were "paid" something around 10% of what the stand made that day or a minimum of $10/hour times the number of volunteers working. All of that said, I can't imagine the parks putting volunteers on custodial duties. Food and beverage service, yes. Custodial work, no.

Back when we did it (under Paramount)- and we did it several times- We ran the registers, served food, made food (simple things like pulling pizza from oven, funnel cakes, etc...), but we also wiped tables and swept the grounds.

It was a GREAT fund raiser opportunity. I think, in 2003, the rate was $5/hour.... yes $5. That was bumped to $8/hour if all committed spots on our reservation were filled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.