Everything posted by OwenFromTheRacer
-
Starlight Plaza
Yeah that is probably the reason. I hope it's not something you've seen with my crew.
-
Starlight Plaza
I don’t understand this mindset. Park management isn’t telling associates to stop cleaning, serve cold food, load half full trains, check restraints slower. I’m not saying these things aren’t bad or aren’t an issue. I think it reflects more on the associates and leadership that were in that particular day, and they should strive to do better.
-
Starlight Plaza
I still really like this
-
Fun Spot Atlanta ArieForce One Relocation to KI?
Maybe I'm biased, but I don't see Flight of Fear going anywhere. The building is in good shape and would be expensive to tear down (just look at Tomb Raider), there is also a whole crane system in the ceiling for assembly of the ride. It's very integrated into Area 72, removing it would mean reshaping the whole area. FOF is also for the most part a crowd pleaser, I've seen a lot of people get off the ride laughing and saying it was worth the wait. The long line can be attributed to its poor capacity, but people still wait for it. People also go wild for the launch out of the station. I believe when FOF's time has come, it will get new track, supports, new more accommodating trains, and an updated launch. Maybe we could see a layout change, but for the most part I think the building and all the infastructure will stay.
-
Kings Island Halloween Haunt 2026 Discussion
As weird as it is, certain riders often thought they were completely alone in Boo Blasters, that leads to some uncomfortable scenarios for everyone. Halloween Haunt brings in more people that like to be weird. I think the park is assuming that Phantom Theater would be no different than Boo Blasters in that case and are just playing it safe.
-
Happy 30 Years To Flight of Fear! 👽
I was assigned to be a ride operations team lead at Flight of Fear this season; I wanted to celebrate its 30th Anniversary so I built the new alien at the end of the ride. The two (then one) old aliens that sat there were very crusty and old, basically falling apart as they sat there. The new alien is entirely 3D printed, I didn't model the alien itself, but I made modifications to make the head turn left and right. The head turning is very subtle as you ride by, but I can assure you it does move. Flight of Fear Alien Animated Figure If you're wondering about the old aliens, I kept them around in backstage areas of FOF for a few weeks before people above me took them and threw them out (to be fair we were wasting time messing around with them).
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
A few months late lol, but I can confirm the seatbelts were not shortened. I think the confusion stems from some rows being more accommodating. Even numbered rows have more leg room than odd numbers. I’ve seen many times how the even rows are drastically more accommodating for taller and larger guests than odd rows.
-
Are those that already bought Prestige getting the shaft once again?
As someone who works at the park looking into the lounge, I honestly don't see the point. When I go to any park, I'm looking to ride coasters and other attractions, and when I need to rest a shaded bench or train ride works for me. I don't know what else the prestige pass has to offer outside of the lounge and preferred parking. Maybe there's a difference in priorities between when I'm visiting the park and when prestige holders are. I mean this in no disrespect to anyone who has bought a prestige pass, maybe someone can shed some light on what I'm missing
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Reviews
The Peanuts company wants to keep Planet Snoopy exclusively Peanuts
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Reviews
I absolutely agree with the voicelines. I think Larry at the beginning is also noticeable. I think more voicelines and having the animatronics run on a loop instead of being triggered would work nicely. I believe they’re triggered because SDR is more familiar with that style of dark ride instead of the omnimover. It seems constantly running animatronics are better suited for the omnimover.
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Reviews
I have also noticed some effects not functioning. I fully believe it's kinks that will be worked out as season goes on.
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Reviews
I was very impressed and pleased with it when I rode on Thursday. I feel the production quality is very high and the flashlights are very cool; the real time tracking is great. I think it is important to keep in mind that this is a brand-new effects based ride. They are still working out the volume of music and sounds effects, how to keep the flashlights consistently working and keeping all the effects inside the ride consistent
-
Monster appears to be retired ?
Monster is cycling
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare New in 2026
All of these photos and video are coming from media day, it was held early this morning
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Having so many programmable LED show lights can be a challenge to keep functioning, especially ones that are kept outside and are in hard to reach or annoying places. In personal experience, it only takes one signal pin to get corroded or lose connection for a light to completely change color or get out of sync with show programming.
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Construction Progress
I have a strong reason to believe this ride will be a hit and fan favorite
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Construction Progress
Circled in the photo is wall, it was there when it was Boo Blasters
-
Coney Mall redesign??
I like the building expansion idea, however, is a large steep hill directly behind the building. The service road on the back of the building goes down this hill and connects to the basement so I don’t know how practical expansion would be
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
I’m glad someone finally said it. It’s old news at this point, I think they should retire it and come up with a new event.
-
Bye bye, Boo Blasters
Perfect thank you, I'm sure many have noticed that these ghosts look very different and the auction site reveals that the they are made more of a plywood. I wonder if Kings Island themselves made these figures and not Sally
-
Bye bye, Boo Blasters
Does anyone have pictures or video of the ghosts that were in the queue of Boo Blasters? These cutouts were later moved into the cemetery at the beginning of the ride. I'd love to see a video of them in the queue again.
-
Bye bye, Boo Blasters
Me too, I wonder how much some stuff will be on the last day. Some items still don't have a bid.
-
Bye bye, Boo Blasters
The bid for the score board is already up to $515, I assumed it would be one of the highest bid items.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
The building between Abyss and the water tower is a rides maintenance building
-
Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex
I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to a return of Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal in that area. It could be incorporated into Rivertown in some way.