The Next Big Thing @ PKI

RailRider

I would like to see a hypercoaster installed.

First off, you can't have a giga hyper, it has to be one or the other.

Two, try checking your spelling before you post. And, before you call me a school teacher, spelling and grammar are part of the terms of service that you agreed to when signing up. Not trying to be mean, but it helps in reading your post and making sense of the point you are trying to get across. wink.gif

I wasn't into theming until this year - when I actually rode our two themed attractions - Flight of Fear and Tomb Raider The Ride - and now I have to say that Theming is great. After riding TRTR, SOB and Tex just don't do it anymore... rolleyes.gif

I would like to see a Jump2. HUSS Giant Rides - Collect all three! biggrin.gif

If not a Jump2, then a small Intamin Rocket Coaster themed to Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan.

Unfortunately, I think the day of the giant coaster has ended for PKI. I think they're going to stick to the Universal formula now, and make smaller, heavily themed attractions. And that's just dandy for me.

I hope not! I don't wan't to have to drive to CP to ride something insainly huge. Not that PKI doesn't have great coaster, because they have awsome coasters.

PKIfan73 I must agree that most people will come for the Big Ones. Look at CP they do no themeing, but the people flock to that park. Why? because of the monsters of the midway. I think PKI could really benefit from another monster without themeing it. cowboy.gif

"because of the monsters of the midway."

That's perfect. I couldn't think of a more fitting name.

I'd like to see a B&M flyer themed to War of the Worlds. The could have themed cars that look like the alien ships.

In all honesty, I want a big steel giant as much as the next guy, but think of it this way: What more can we really do with coasters anymore? We've seen almost every element physically possible to man at some park at some time, so now when they build a new coaster, it's almost a matter of "same stuff, different day". It is for this reason that I am content with the concept of IJ. I think that the themeing will cause a really unique experience that you can't find anywhere else... (well, maybe PCW, but you know what I mean!)

The new innovation is themeing... putting you in a ancient tomb, an LA chase sceen, a haunted castle, etc when in all reality, you're in the little farm town of Mason, OH. This form of entertainment really knows no bounds.

I mean, think of it this way: what does a coaster do anymore? Granted, you have your launches and things like that, but for most coasters, they tow you up a hill, send you down, you go through some elements and its over. There's really only so much you can do from that point on...

I see IJ as the beginning of a new era. This era is going to be the merger of themeing and thrills. No only will you be shot through turns at amazing speeds, or have great air time, but you will have a memorable experience with a story behind it.

Let's just hope that when the revolution happens, they keep the themeing up. biggrin.gif

BoddaH1994, I will agree mostly with what you say about coasters today and I am also a huge fan of extravagent themeing. This is one of the reassons that I am burnt out on Cedar Point. Just coasters, nothing else. I would love to see a monsterous Intamin themed to Godzilla or a B&M flyer themed to Sky Captain or War of the Worlds

I don't know what the next big thing is for PKI, but I am sure the people that work their are looking in to it. PKI has alot of open land. If they take out the pay for rides you got a very big area in Action Zone and two small good size flat areas in Coney Mall.

cowboy.gif

I dont think you are correct scooby doo, i do belive paramount has the rights to wotw, some brouhgt up this question at the recent tour and jeff said the only reason universal has that display for war of the worlds set up right now is because they are open year round and KI was closed at the time they wanted to do it and that is why paramount didnt get it.

Correct, and since War of the Worlds is Paramount's biggest movie...ever, it's almost a guarantee that we'll see some kind of attraction based off it within the next several years, at PKI or one of the other Paramount parks (most likely PKI, at least).

I must agree that a War of the Worlds Coaster will no doubt be in the works. Unless they go for the more costly, but imerssive ride simulator like Spider Man. In all honesty I hope they opt for a coaster themed as much as IJST is and use the extra money to add some other new attractions. Dont get me wrong Spider Man is awesome, but that is one big price tag. cowboy.gif