Old Coaster

Guest faceoff

Reclaimer

Your right, that is creepy. It is also sad, to see an amusement park allowed to

rust away. Makes me appreciate Kings Island even more. Have a nice day.

Tom

That is really weird, kind of reminds me of a picture I saw once of a small amusement park that stood in Chernobyl. For those of you that dont know, Chernobyl is a city in the Ukraine that was once occupied by the USSR. It supported one of the USSR's first nuclear energy facilities and there was some type of explosion (not a mushroom cloud nuclear type one, but it blew away the building that contained the reactor) after they failed to stabilize the reactor. Radiation went everywhere and many died (Im sure way more died than the "official" Russian report claims)! Well now the area around that nuclear plant is completely abonded but everything still stands. They showed some creepy pictures of a Ferris wheel and the city behind just standing, no one around.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, I love that translated version. It's almost as hard to understand as the Japanese verion. Oh well, a million times better than I could do I guess.

"While becoming frightened to the mask PC, the fact that it throws the northeast road, arrives to actual place was past o'clock of 6."

"By yourself at you looked several waste 墟 which it can be wrapped in the fog, perhaps but the instantaneous there God has gotten off."

Seems to me like whoever put the English version together probably used a crappy online Japanese to English translater that wasn't much of a help. Anyway, it caught to my attention that the last caption under the last picture said something about opening in 1973. Anyone know the actual year these pictures were taken? My favorite part of the captions was "perhaps but the instantaneous there God has gotten off."

With the wonders of firefox (Download it, very useful) I can translate it. This is what it says under each picture.

Above 1st picture:

There is various genres in the ruins, but they are one Tsuga recreational area ruins of those which by his likes. Always, it received the information from the one which becomes care, went out to search promptly.

Below 1st Picture:

While becoming frightened to mask PC, the fact that it throws the northeast road, arrives to actual place was past 6 o'clock. Almost there was no sight with the thick fog which occurs from feature of topography.

Below 2nd Picture:

It pierced this opening, climbing the rail of the coaster which is the highest place, it had decided to hold down the picture of bird's eye view.

Below 3rd Picture:

As for the sight which is covered in the fog those of this world the extent which cannot be thought it was fantastic.

Below 4th Picture:

By your at you looked several ruins which it can be wrapped in the fog, perhaps but the instantaneous there God has gotten off.

Below 5th Picture:

Suddenly when you look back at rear, at all there the ferris wheel.

Below 6th Picture:

The white dragon which is hurt had rested the body on the grass.

Below 7th Picture:

Day went out the inserting fog. Here is the coaster riding place.

Below 8th Picture:

The mark of three stars is what, it is lovely.

Below 9th Picture:

This much the coaster whose having a view is good was pleasant, it is probably will be. Still the air which remains did the character of the leading part of the recreational area.

Below 10th Picture:

You did to the ferris wheel which is on the hillock.

Below 11th picture:

As for the gondola of such shape it decreased recently to see. The stand place when the air which is conical type does.

Below 12th picture:

Fades very color this of the gondola which color of the ruins.

Below 13th Picture:

The waste recreational area T was the recreational area of maximum scale inside the prefecture.

Below 14th picture:

It is the recreational area where it can adopt large-sized type such as coaster for the first time inside the prefecture.

Below 15th Picture:

As for opening 1973.

*just saw the link to the translated page. I'll leave this up anyway*

Edited by f5rollercoasters