Park name rights

vortexdemon05

wink.gif I still hope the park gets bought by Universal "Universal's Kings Island"  I dont know you be the judge.

Then it'd be more like Universal's Island of Adventure Ohio, or something like that. tongue.gif

Either that, or Universal Studios Cincinnati. wink.gif

.....I know, I don't make any sense either. rolleyes.gif

If they add a title to it like "Universal's Kings Island" or "Proctor and Gamble's Kings Island" or whatever, it won't be so bad. I just want to retain the name "Kings Island".

yea, but if they change the name people will still come. Besides Kings Island is an old name that was popular in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. They should go with something that reaches out to the population of today.... something Nick related.... I'm thinking along the lines of the Fairly Odd Amusement Park.

Fairly Odd Amusement Park?

Modern?

The Fairly Odd part, I see.

Amusement Park? First of all, the owners will doubtless rather be known as a theme park...to many people amusement park means thrilling rides but also dirty and small and old fashioned...Plus I am quite certain the new owners, not unlike Six Flags, are very apt to continue down the path of family entertainment, not just thrills.

I have a theory about that. The Boomer Generation is now getting into their senior years. Look for more shows, benches, rides that granny can ride with her grandkids, and better food in all the parks. The simple fact is that the parks need more business, and appealing only to the thrill seeker has in some ways been excluding some of the older audience, who feels less welcome when the parks are crammed full of teenagers seeking thrills. Teenagers who, by the way, seldom spend much money once in the park, compared to families and older people. This is especially true when said teenagers have season passes and their parents use the parks as a babysitter.

I have no idea what the park may be named (my bet is still on either Paramount's Kings Island or Kings Island), but I can about bet what direction the attractions will continue to take in the coming few years. Think of the same types of rides Paramount has put in the last couple of years as opposed to Son of Beast, Hypersonic or Top Gun at Carowinds.

• 2 weeks later...

Its really surprising how many parks serve Coke products. All Six Flags parks, Paramount Parks, Disney World, and Universal Florida parks. The only chains that I know which serve Pepsi are Holiday World (obviously), Cedar Fair, and Coney Island. I think that the Busch Parks also serve Pepsi. But I`ve never been there so I don`t know which they serve.

Its really surprising how many parks serve Coke products. All Six Flags parks, Paramount Parks, Disney World, and Universal Florida parks. The only chains that I know which serve Pepsi are Holiday World (obviously), Cedar Fair, and Coney Island. I think that the Busch Parks also serve Pepsi. But I`ve never been there so I don`t know which they serve.

I been to Busch Garden in Tampa and It's just like PKI, just less room between

rides and buildings. You'd think they would serve Pepsi with the Pepsi headquarters in Florida.