Avitar on site!

Shman

For that matter, the Kings Island of today is a much nicer place than it was when it first opened, with saplings everywhere. When I go to Kings Island these days and see those great oaks and maples where once were saplings, I feel very old indeed.

Well then, if what folk have said is true about the tree elimintation in NU, it's probably good that we're getting the park out of the grasps of Paramount.

By the way, when International Street was redesigned, the park planted mature and grown trees along the way.

I like how almost every single flat ride in existance can be trailer mounted, yet you guys choose to attack PKI simply because these rides are for kids. Not every year can be a year for enthusiasts. Seriously, can the kids have their time? I'm sorry to say it, but PKI knows what they're doing. You guys are only a SMALL DEMOGRAPHIC and they need to do what is best for the most people. Tell you what, let's let the kids play with it and see how they criticize the "carnval attractions" and then decide how it is, rather than having grown men and women judge the whole thing before the rides are even vertical.

I don't think anyone has been attacking PKI for these rides, at least I know I wasn't. All I said was that the rides were very simplistic, which they are, and will require very little time for assembly. Not every year can be a year for an enthusiast, true, and I agree with you. With that said, the past 4 seasons have been towards "the kids". Scooby Doo, Boomerang Bay had a lot aimed towards kids, Italian Job is kid friendly, and now this. It is not a big deal, thats whats working for the Park, at least it has been.....though last year certainly left a lot to be desired. .

Personally, I have no expectations for Nick Universe. Its better that way. That way, I may be pleasantly surprised with the turnout. However, in typical PKI fashion over the past few years, I doubt that.

Umm, what was wrong with IJST? And don`t forget that the same year that the park debuted SDatHC, they also debuted a ride geared towards the thrill seekers in Delirium. Also, as part of the Boomerange Bay expansion they added Tasmanian Typhoon, which is not so much geared toward children perse.

Todd does make a very good point. The past 5 or so years have been geared towards families while this one, while geared towards families, is aimed at the youngins.

I guess this is what gets me. They want things the entire FAMILY can do together. Thats great, have no problems with that. However, there are many different types of families. Some with little kids, others with teenagers. They seem to consistantly be going after those with the young ones. Sure, they enjoy Italian Job.....but what about mom, dad and big brother or sister? I could care less if they build a coaster or not, knowing our luck it'll be a B&M Speed Coaster (snoozers). I think 2003 was a fantastic season and a model that they should stick with. The little ones could be entertained by Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, while the others could enjoy Delirium. It was the best of both worlds.

Todd does make a very good point.  The past 5 or so years have been geared towards families while this one, while geared towards families, is aimed at the youngins.

I guess this is what gets me. They want things the entire FAMILY can do together. Thats great, have no problems with that. However, there are many different types of families. Some with little kids, others with teenagers. They seem to consistantly be going after those with the young ones. Sure, they enjoy Italian Job.....but what about mom, dad and big brother or sister? I could care less if they build a coaster or not, knowing our luck it'll be a B&M Speed Coaster (snoozers). I think 2003 was a fantastic season and a model that they should stick with. The little ones could be entertained by Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, while the others could enjoy Delirium. It was the best of both worlds.

I do agree that 2003 did make for a good model, however you can tell by the fact that Scooby is kind of sub part to one outsider's standards or another that the budget to make that attraction really great was really robbed by the fact that they had to put money into Delirium.

It looked more blueish than greenish to me. Not only do they have the track pieces for Avatar there, they also have pieces for the Phantom Flyers and Plantkon's Plunge with it as well.

I only say this because I was up at the park yesterday to fill out some last-minute paperwork and get my picture taken, and I was only a couple yards away from the track pieces. tongue.gif

Just as an update....The pieces are starting to dissapear from the parking lot, and I notice a crane popping through the trees thismorning. My guess is that they will have the main ride structure up by this weekend (based on how quick the progress was for the other Disko in California.)

The thing that limits how much they can assemble in the factory is length. They can only assemble things in the factory that can fit on a semi trailer. This equates to things that are about 50 feet long. Naturally, they will have to assemble things on site. All the electrical connections and computer systems will have to be wired up on site to the permanent structures.

Yes. But the little things are what take a while. Like wiring all the sensors and relays. Then they have to landscape the ride. So in short, the actual assembling of the ride, as stated, will go quickly. But all the necessary odds and ends can take a while longer to complete.

I noticed when I went back up to the park to get my I.D. earlier today that they've begun re-painting some of the buildings in NU. It was hard to tell which building it was (because I saw construction through a wire fence in the car tongue.gif), but I think it was the Animation Station building, as it had a bright green color to it. Other than that, things look like they're moving pretty fast in construction.

One question, though. If there is anyone in Ecology here, when is the department training? unsure.gif

As an update here are some things to note...not only about Avatar, but also as NU in general.

Most of the pieces for Avatar have been moved out to the site....it does not appear vertical construction has started, the pieces are just laying on the path.

Plankton's Plunge has gone vertical between the old water maze and the reptar rollercoaster.

Also, the Danny Phantom kite flyer has been installed roughly where the old Nick Central sign was on the edge of rivertown, and there is a concrete base for what i believe looks like a fountian in front of it.

Be sure to check out pki.com to see all the new paint jobs going on.....NU is looking great!!!

Vertical constuction is progressing on Avatar.....in fact you can see the track from the highway as you drive past......it looks as though the have the camel hump completed and they are working on topping out the two end towers.......its moving very quickly!!!