Disney & MGM Studios

Jasper

I have just returned from Spring Break and while i was on Spring Break i just decided out of the blue to go to Disney & MGM Studios. Well when we arrived we first went to The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror. The wait time said 20 minutes so we went to get in line and when we did some nice lady came up to us and gave us to Speed Passes. For those of you who do not know what a speed pass is, it is a systerm in which you put in your park ticket into a machine and out comes a ticket that says what time to return to the ride and get into a faster line. But there is one catch and that is that you can only have 1 speed pass on your ticket at one time. But on your speed pass ticket it gives you a time you can get another. Any ways we got into the speed pass line and hopped right on the ride which shows a cool movie of The Twilight Zone and the episode of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The story is that 5 people get on the elevator and lighting strikes it and sends the 5 people into..... The Twilight Zone. Well now these same doors are opening on a maintenence elevator and you are the guests. When you board the elevator it takes you up and it shows you a movie of the Twilight Zone and then the elevator carriage moves out and goes towards the facade of the building and then the windows open and youa re looking over the park and you drop about 20 feet and then up again and then down and everywhere. It was a blast becuase you never know what is going to happen. And i will always remember these famous words, "So next time before you check into a hotel in the deserted area of Hollywood just think about what type of vacancy you are filling." Quoted by Rob Sterling. So after we got off of that thrilling ride we headed over to The Rock N' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith. We walked right up and got a speed pass. I believe that PKi should go to this system because it is much more efficient and it could save the crowding issues. Well after we did that we went off and rode some of the other great and i mean great movie rides that disney & MGM Studios has to offer and came backa bout the time our speed pass was due and got in line. The Speed Pass line was backed up pretty far but they had a strange system of letting prople on. They would let a few out of both lines go and then wait for it to cool down and then let some more go so actually we didnt have to wait but about 5 minutes. after they let us go we walked up the ramp and into The G-Force recording studio. We watched a little video with Aerosmith in the recording studio and they had to get to their concert but they wouldnt leave us behind so they gave us backstage passes and sent a super stretch to come and get us. We walked out into and alley way to board our super stretch limo. We had over the shoulder restarints and they did not check hem good by the way. We rolled out to a stop light and they came on about a guy at the concert doing a live report and you heard the fans countdown from 5 and then when they hit 0 the light turned green and we shot out like a rocket into total darkness with the sounds of our screams and Aerosmith playing in the background. The layout was similar to Outer Limits but the launch track was longer and not as many inversions and slower. After the ride braked and was over we ended up backstage at the concert and got our red carpet treatment. The ride itself was a lot of fun dodging billboards while jamming to, "Dude Looks Like A Lady!" Then to make a long story short we got 2 more speed passes for each ride and rode them again. So overall my experience at Disney & MGM Studios was awesome. We got to see some great shows and ride some great rides.

Sounds like you had the experience Disney wanted to give!

I only went once to the parks and sadly I didn’t get the full experience since I got on two rides that scared the gillys out of me. I was five at the time and was not big into thrill rides yet and my family was in line for Star Tours. The ride was basically a motion Simulator but did more turns and drops than what a normal simulator did. I did not like the ride at all and cried after, I WAS FIVE!!!! After that tragedy we rode some other rides then my family went into the Body Wars line. I did not know that this was basically the same ride, meaning it was a motion simulator. I went through the line but when I saw the entrance to the pod you enter, since it looked exactly like the entrance to enter the pod at star tours I panicked. I ended up having to ride what must have been the worst ride ever in my life, mostly because I didn’t want to ride it. So those two rides kind of took away my Disney experience but I still had a great time riding the other rides.

Yeah. I went to Disney World back in 2004. Those parks are definantely in a class of their own. The attention to detail on the rides, shows, parades and midways is amazing! You never see any of the maintenance buildings! For that matter, you never even see any of the storage areas for any of the coaster trains or ride vehicles, those are all out of site, and thus out of mind!

Quick FYI its called a fastpass but no big deal just wanted to point that out.

I am hoping you did not spend all day riding the rides there is a lot more to the park then just a few rides. At the end of your message you say you saw some shows I was just wondering which shows and what did you think of them? I am really hoping you saw the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at least. Also there is Lights, Motors, Action and you can't forget Fantasmic. Plus if it was your first trip to MGM the backlot tour is interesting.

Quick FYI its called a fastpass but no big deal just wanted to point that out.

I am hoping you did not spend all day riding the rides there is a lot more to the park then just a few rides. At the end of your message you say you saw some shows I was just wondering which shows and what did you think of them? I am really hoping you saw the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at least. Also there is Lights, Motors, Action and you can't forget Fantasmic. Plus if it was your first trip to MGM the backlot tour is interesting.

Oh yes i saw all of those shows. I also rode The Great Movie Ride, and Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3d. The best show i think was probably Lights, Motors, Action.

Nemo i was not trying to point anything out but yes i can see where you can get scared because there were some little kids on the ride with us and they were like are we really going to outer space and they got really timid when the ride started. But overall they thought it was neat.

I went to Disney World 3 Years ago (was my 2nd time there, first time was in 1992 when I was only 6) MGM Studios was my Favorite , loved Tower of Terror (went on it like 4 or 5 times straight) Also loved Aerosmith Rock N Roll rollercoaster, reminded me of Flight of Fear. I saw the Indiana Jones show, went on all the rides, I also liked the great movie ride. I would have to say Epcott was the worst, , boring for a 22 like me. Didn't get to ride Test Track or Spaceship Earth. Magic Kingdom was ok, rode Thundermountain Railroad, Splash mountain (reminded me of Congo Falls), Space Mountain (was ok reminded me of Adventure Express) I got stuck on Pirates of the Carribean (right before the small drop) I also rode the Haunted Mansion (reminded me of Phantom Theatre, only rode that at PKI to see the effects and get Cooled off from the AC the building has LOL) Animal Kingdom was good, rode Ride similar to White Water Canyon (forget what's it's called. Also liked Dinosour. (used the fasspass at Disney, and the one at Universal/IOA) also rode Jungle Cruise. Went to Universal & Islands of adventure. Really liked Duelling Dragons at IOA, and Jurrasic Park & the free fall ride similar to tower of terror at MGM, and Spiderman, also liked JAWS, and Men in Black.

I went to Disney World in June about 7 years ago, it was about when Animal Kingdom opened for the first time. I was fortunate enough to get to go to each of the parks, including Animal Kingdom twice since it was my birthday and I got to choose whcih park we went to, but I can just remember it being such and awesome place with all the theming and cleanliness. All the parks are just absolutely amazing.

All the parks have great rides, great food, great shows, great theming, and just an overall great atmosphere.

And yes Nemo I can also see how Star Tours could scare a five year old. Star Tours is a really well done Motion simulator. I actually hated Body Wars, just the whole thing, getting a slinter out of someones heart and the motion made me sick.

But anyways I'd love to go back and ride all the new rides, especially Expedition Everest.

rode Ride similar to White Water Canyon (forget what's it's called.

I believe that ride is called Kali River Rapids.

i like my avatar.

And I get to go to Dsney/MGM spring break 2007 with our school band, we will go and hang out thhere for a while, march down main street usa, and hang out some more. as well as see the sights of florida and such other cool things. I could do without the marching part.