Vortex's Destruction

LilNik41

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not flaming you either, but seriously, can you think of a year since 1993 that ki spent more than 20 million on a single attraction? Not reciept wise but ballpark. The only thing that could come close is SOB but I'm pretty sure that wasnt 20 mil. Also I'm not saying its not possible but like combat said, if someone knows of something, I, along with everyone else want to know the source.

O.K, but wasn't Italian Job: Stunt Track at least 15 million? It had to have been pricey, what with all the bells, whistles, and special effects it has.

Still KI has never spent 20million on a ride before so why start now, lol. There is still a LOT that can be done for under 20 million dollars.

PKI has spent over 20 million on attractions. SOB was one of them, but the most costly attraction the park has ever installed was Tomb Raider: The Ride. TRTR went over-budget, into the mid 20's (millions). It's too bad that even with all of the money spent on that attraction, it was not able to operate as designed, and 30 seconds had to be cut from the ride length. The souvenir ride photo system was one of the most expensive ever to be installed anywhere in the world. PKI took a huge loss on that investment. TRTR did not live up to its potential, and that was reflected in the lack of sales for ride photo.

so are they ever going to have the onride photo thing again? But anyways, ya it is really sad, PKI puts in a huge very well themed state of the art ride, yet half the stuff that originally went on it dont even work, half the theming is torn apart because of morons who like to spit gum all over everything write on everything.... unsure.gif

And everybody knows that morons and vandals don't go to Disney or Universal.

With extensive theming must come a commitment to theming maintenance, on a DAILY basis. Disney or Uni would NOT operate IJST the way PP does/did. Nor TRTR, nor Adventure Express, nor even Scooby and the Haunted Castle.

I don't see Cedar Fair making that commitment to do so, nor do I see Cedar Fair offering the public poorly maintained themed rides (okay, kid in the back row, jeering and throwing paper wads...yes, YOU, the one who yelled out Disaster Transport!--you gotta point!)

Any way, I see Cedar Fair gradually removing most of the theming. Or fixing it all and KEEPING it fixed. One or the other.

What I really wonder about is how they will run their shows and entertainment, but that is a topic for another thread.

For this one, they will maintain and operate Vortex as long as it is economically feasible to do so. Cedar Fair is REALLY good at steel coaster maintenance.

The better question is what will they do with Son of Beast? Especially if it continues to require massive expenditures year after year for maintenance?

I'm not flaming you either, but seriously, can you think of a year since 1993 that ki spent more than 20 million on a single attraction? Not reciept wise but ballpark. The only thing that could come close is SOB but I'm pretty sure that wasnt 20 mil. Also I'm not saying its not possible but like combat said, if someone knows of something, I, along with everyone else want to know the source.

O.K, but wasn't Italian Job: Stunt Track at least 15 million? It had to have been pricey, what with all the bells, whistles, and special effects it has.

I believe I read somewhere that it cost about 4 million Canadian dollars.

I hope CF will help the train out and repaint the Buildings

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pkiguy1/deta...re2.jpg&.src=ph

I was told by someone that works on the trains that the building where going to come down, but they where saved by Winter Fest coming back. Also I see Vortex in the park for a long time. Cedar Point has a older Arrow coaster thats still running. Just wish they get new trains for it.

• 2 weeks later...

The souvenir ride photo system was one of the most expensive ever to be installed anywhere in the world. PKI took a huge loss on that investment. TRTR did not live up to its potential, and that was reflected in the lack of sales for ride photo.

There's an on-ride photo for Tomb Raider? Is it still there?

Yeah no kidding. The other day all the queues were filled - and the line was back to Happy Days. That's like well over an hour. But Son of Beast had all of its queues filled. So the park was pretty packed.

Vortex is always like that but thats 30min with all the queue lines open lol

There's an on-ride photo for Tomb Raider? Is it still there?

The first year Tomb Raider: The Ride opened; there were on-ride photos you could buy. You could get the photo to just be of you on the ride rather than what people thought was the whole gondola. I am a proud owner of my own pic of me on the ride, I wish the cameras were still there because the pics were priceless and worth getting.

There's an on-ride photo for Tomb Raider?  Is it still there?

The first year Tomb Raider: The Ride opened; there were on-ride photos you could buy. You could get the photo to just be of you on the ride rather than what people thought was the whole gondola. I am a proud owner of my own pic of me on the ride, I wish the cameras were still there because the pics were priceless and worth getting.

The booth is still there. As you exit, it's to your left, but it has the canvas curtains hanging down over where the windows are.

Does anyone know at what point in the ride they took the photos?

No actually it is after you do the flip after the lava pit, and move up for the topspin. Theres a point where youre upside down, and facing the lava pit - and theres like a strobe light that goes off. Thats your photo being taken.

• 3 weeks later...
I hear they are going to take it down in a couple of years because it is sinking into the groundbut it will probably be there for atleast 3-4 more years.

OMG what is it with people saying that various roller coasters are sinking into the ground? It all started with that ridiculous rumor about Magnum sinking....I'm tired of it lol

No actually it is after you do the flip after the lava pit, and move up for the topspin. Theres a point where youre upside down, and facing the lava pit - and theres like a strobe light that goes off. Thats your photo being taken.

I had always assumed that the on-ride photo spot was under the icicle wall. Right after the first big scene with the Durma mural, the lights go off and you zoom upward as you're about to perform a backflip, when a wall comes down and there's like three windows that appear in front of the vehicle for a split second.

Sorry Klock, but I am certain that the Pictures were taken after the Ice field scene. After the scene the platform goes in a counter clockwise circle. It is dark so you can’t see but the picture is taken as you pass the ice field again. The ride then goes into the lava pit scene.

~Ring Ring~

*Combat Stupendous89 picks up his cellular phone*

"Oh, hello Sudan......I'm good how are you.......ouch sorry to hear that.......yeah we're gonna help you get that whole aids/genocide thing worked out just as soon as we figure out where they took your picutre on tomb raider the ride up here at pki........whats that?.......yeah it used to have a photo booth.........Ya Rly...."

*hangs up phone and continues to watch klockster and nemo*

~Ring Ring~

*Combat Stupendous89 picks up his cellular phone*

"Oh, hello Sudan......I'm good how are you.......ouch sorry to hear that.......yeah we're gonna help you get that whole aids/genocide thing worked out just as soon as we figure out where they took your picutre on tomb raider the ride up here at pki........whats that?.......yeah it used to have a photo booth.........Ya Rly...."

*hangs up phone and continues to watch klockster and nemo*

Was it Angelina Jolie on the other line Combat?

^No, it was my friiend tahichi but I did call Angelina to ask her if she knew where they used to take your photo on the ride and she wasnt even aware that there was a tomb raider the the ride, or 3 of them for that matter.

Did she try to adopt you when ya had her on the phone?