PKI.com ride pictures

bsktgrvy

That picture is on all of the paramount park sites. Same thing happens in commercials too, and not just for Paramount Parks. Cedar Fair is also known for using coasters from other parks in their commercials.

As for what it is...

It is Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at Carowinds

http://www.rcdb.com/ig527.htm?picture=3

Paramount Parks seems to have a thing for Top Gun: The Jet Coaster, though. Just take a stroll through the Emporium sometime and look at the Top Gun shirts we have at PKI..or the logo for the ride on our park maps. You get my point ;)

Well, hopefully, KI will get a B&M creation sometime in the future. Now that Cedar Fair owns the park, we at least have a chance to see the graces of one of their masterpieces. Especially since the shop where they make all the track in North America is just a short hop down I-71, 275 and S.R. 32 from the park.

Yeah, B&Ms don't break all the time. Intamins..... I'll let TTD and Kingda Ka speak for them!

Apparently you haven't tried to ride Superman at Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Great America or Six Flags Great Adventure. I've ridden all three many times, and I'd say about 1/3 of the time that I am in line, the ride either breaks down while I am in line or right after I get off it. The latter happened just over a week ago in Georgia. The rest of their coasters are very reliable, but their fliers have issues. On the other hand, I have not had that experience with the Vekoma fliers. They seems to almost always work.

In addition, Millennium Force, also an Intamin, IS down frequently. So was Volcano during its opening years, but until recently it had become very reliable.

I have been on that Top Gun. Its alright but kinda short, and the ride definately shows its age. The way the queue is set up, it has similar themeing as PKI's used to have(radar, cockpit, etc.), but they cant close it off. Because of this there is graffiti everywhere and none of the effects work, it really is a shame. The ride is fairly smooth as most B&M's are. That turn over the lake however, well that lake is only about 6-12 inches deep so in clear spots you can see the bottom which isnt pretty, every time i've ridden it, its about half covered in scum.

PKIBeast, Millennium Force was down for at least two entire WEEKS this summer. It is also up and down quite a bit these days. Until this year, it had been much more reliable. Something is different. Not sure what, but something is.

Tomb Raider Nick, it isn't because the queue can't be closed off that there is graffiti, it is because CBS/Cedar Fair doesn't immediately get rid of it, nor police the line as it should. There is no similar graffiti at Disneyland, or at Knott's, for that matter.

I have been on that Top Gun. Its alright but kinda short, and the ride definately shows its age. The way the queue is set up, it has similar themeing as PKI's used to have(radar, cockpit, etc.), but they cant close it off. Because of this there is graffiti everywhere and none of the effects work, it really is a shame. The ride is fairly smooth as most B&M's are. That turn over the lake however, well that lake is only about 6-12 inches deep so in clear spots you can see the bottom which isnt pretty, every time i've ridden it, its about half covered in scum.

MF was closed those days when I went :( (I only go once or twice a year too)