Rollback

careyanne11

I'll never forget the time I watched Vertical Velocity at SFGAm literally *e-stop* itself. I don't know if all Impulses do this, but every once and awhile, the brakes at the end of the ride will fail to raise back up into the track. When the next train launches, it gets about 3/4 of the way down the straightaway when it hits the breaks and comes to a complete stop. 60ish mph to 0 in less than 50 feet. :wacko:

Guest faceoff

I had one rollback on dragster at Cedar Point. The experience is fantastic. Then all the rider's stayed

in the train and were launched again. Second time, made it all the way over. I felt like i had two for one

deal. Thank you-america's rollercoast.

I would love to experience a rollback on dragster. the only exciting thing thats ever happened to me on a roller coaster was a bird landed in front of the sensor on gemini causing our train to stop on the brakes right before the finale. Within 15 minutes we were movin along again. Back to dragster, How would you feel if you were a large person and a rollback happened while you were in the back seat. I think that would ruin about five minutes of my day. Atleast until the second launch makes it over the top. :D

I'll never forget the time I watched Vertical Velocity at SFGAm literally *e-stop* itself. I don't know if all Impulses do this, but every once and awhile, the brakes at the end of the ride will fail to raise back up into the track. When the next train launches, it gets about 3/4 of the way down the straightaway when it hits the breaks and comes to a complete stop. 60ish mph to 0 in less than 50 feet. :wacko:
Steel Venom at GL did that a few times during the Six Flags era.

I wasn't on the ride at the time, but I saw Face/Off roll back on the loop the second time through. My friend and I heard a loud clank when the car was supposed be pulled up the second hill, and the car slowly descended the hill, got about 1/3 of the way up the loop, then settled in the bottom of the track.

Now that you mention that, I do remember having several aborted launches on Flight of Fear, but I never really considered those to be rollbacks...I have no idea why, but I just didn't....and really still do not.

For all the times I have ridden Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka, my total number of rollbacks on those is....zero.

Sigh.