Parking Pass - Not Right

Lauch

I went in to process my parking pass today and was told it would be put on my season pass card. This makes sense to some degree, except that my wife also would like to go to the park when I'm not able to at times. Does anyone know how well they enforce this? If she wants to go with my step-daughter, they should be allowed to use my parking pass, but if they were checking the card well, she'd end up having to pay the 10 bucks to get in.

Any thoughts?

Well, last season on the temporary passes, they put the parking on everyone in my family`s pass. Not sure if that is how they are doing it this year, or if it is, as you said, one pass per family. (At least they decided to put the parking on the passes, versus on the windshield of A car.

And I must add, hoping to sneak past a parking booth attendant with season pass parking that doesn't belong to you is no different than hoping to sneak by the cashier at a department store with a fur coat that belongs to the store.

If caught, your pass can be revoked. If the park chooses to, you can also be prosecuted.

To sum up adding just four words to those titling this thread....Sneaking In on Someone's Parking Pass - Not Right.

Okay I'm confused, if you bought your season pass last fall, you got free parking, are you saying if you want to park for free this season you have to buy a parking pass, even if you purchased your pass last year? Or if you purchased your pass last year you still have free parking on your pass?

If you bought your Kings Island season pass or a Maxx pass FROM Kings Island last fall, it has free parking on the pass, once processed. It's also on your temporary pass.

If you buy a pass now, or if your Maxx pass is from, say, Carowinds, you must purchase season pass parking if you want it, at $34.99. It goes on the pass, not the vehicle. A lot of parents, when faced with this situation, put the parking on their kids' passes.

This is the FIRST year the park has had this season pass system. I think it is a pretty safe bet the parks will be checking photos to see that the passholder with season parking is in the car.

Different park, different chain, but at Dollywood they are VERY careful to do this. They cover it by nicely welcoming the passholder to the park by name: "Good to have you back, Mr. Terpy!"

I guess you have to look at it from two ways:

One- The parking pass is married to the individual holder on their season pass, no matter what car he/ she is in.

-or-

Two- The parking pass is married to a individual car. Many families have two cars anymore. So which car do you affix the pass to?

I would think that having the parking pass on a season pass gives the holder more freedom to join other freinds/ family in different cars. This is probably why CF allows those under the age of 16, who they know cannot drive, to still have a parking pass.

From CP site:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...passes/info.cfm

Parking and/or causeway toll are not included in the price of a season pass. Cedar Point Season Parking Passes are $70.00 each. Parking Pass is affixed to a single Season Pass Photo ID. Cedar Point Season Parking Passes are only valid at Cedar Point (not at any other Cedar Fair park). All-Ohio Season Parking Passes are $75.00 each. All-Ohio Parking Pass is affixed to a single Season Pass Photo ID. All-Ohio Season Parking Passes are only valid at Cedar Point. Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom and Kings Island.

Season parking passes from other Cedar Fair parks are not valid for parking at Cedar Point.

From KI site:

http://www3.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/shop...season_pass.cfm

A season-long parking permit will be issued for each Individual Season-Long Parking Pass purchased. This parking permit is valid at Paramount's Kings Island only for the 2007 season.

You can't please everyone, I know they were far more upset people, when they were considering going to a parking sticker, that had to be stuck your windshield. I know I'm much more happier having it on my pass, as we never drive the same car to the park.

I understand how much of a pain it would be to put it ON the car as a sticker. It's great that they chose to put it on my card, but I should have the option to put it on my immediate families' cards as well....meaning my wife and step-daughter.

Perhaps they should charge an extra 10 bucks?? I think I'd be ok with that, and it would allow those of us who want to obey the rules to be able to do so without slapping down another 30 bucks. Especially since I'll probably spend quite a bit of money in the park over the season.

I understand how much of a pain it would be to put it ON the car as a sticker. It's great that they chose to put it on my card, but I should have the option to put it on my immediate families' cards as well....meaning my wife and step-daughter.

Perhaps they should charge an extra 10 bucks?? I think I'd be ok with that, and it would allow those of us who want to obey the rules to be able to do so without slapping down another 30 bucks. Especially since I'll probably spend quite a bit of money in the park over the season.

Although I am empathetic, it seems as though having the parking pass on your season pass does good to the many rather than a sticker being better for the few.

Although I am empathetic, it seems as though having the parking pass on your season pass does good to the many rather than a sticker being better for the few.

Yah, I understand that it is better than it was. It would be nice to have the option for families like mine, though, obviously, you can't always please everyone. We'll do with what we have and if I end up having to spend an extra 30 bucks, I'll probably do so, since it ends up saving me money in the end.

It's great that they chose to put it on my card, but I should have the option to put it on my immediate families' cards as well....meaning my wife and step-daughter.

But that also means that 3 cars could park for the price of pass one on any given day.

You may not do that, but I bet many others would do it just to save $10.

When CP did have a parking pass affixed to an individual car, they would just give you the pass, and you would affix it yourself. Pass holders would then not stick it on a car, including myself who has two cars, but rather use clear packing tape to apply & remove the sticker with ease on my back windshield depending on which car I would be taking.

This worked until CP caught on to what people were doing, then when you would buy a pass, a CP employee would affix it to your car themselves. This caused a rather negative reaction from the car's owner. A couple years later, the parking pass was put on a season pass.

Affixing the sticker to an individual car also caused headaches when people would buy & sell cars in the middle of the summer.

But that also means that 3 cars could park for the price of pass one on any given day.

You may not do that, but I bet many others would do it just to save $10.

An easy way to alleviate this problem, would be to create a database that would "lock down" the parking pass once the pass is used once for the day. This would be a pain if I wanted to leave the park and come back (say..to get lunch or something), but would solve that issue easily.

When CP did have a parking pass affixed to an individual car, they would just give you the pass, and you would affix it yourself. Pass holders would then not stick it on a car, including myself who has two cars, but rather use clear packing tape to apply & remove the sticker with ease on my back windshield depending on which car I would be taking.

This worked until CP caught on to what people were doing, then when you would buy a pass, a CP employee would affix it to your car themselves. This caused a rather negative reaction from the car's owner. A couple years later, the parking pass was put on a season pass.

Affixing the sticker to an individual car also caused headaches when people would buy & sell cars in the middle of the summer.

Another suggestion would be to have a pass to hang from the mirror...though I'm sure people would easily get around this one too. I understand the problems involved with the parking passes...KI wants to make money and also wants to make sure people don't abuse the system. I think they should re-think their system to accommodate families.

A guy that was there with his wife and child, while I was standing in line, told me that his wife used his card all the time when he wasn't available to go with her. Basically stating that they don't really check at the gates. Obviously, someone who wants to save his ten bucks could very easily get into the park then walk over to the dropoff area and hand his pass to a buddy to get in.

If they lock down the system to only allow one entry per pass per day and then offer the option, for a few extra bucks, to put the pass on another card, I think it would solve most problems, but with every solution, it has its flaws.

There has been a lot of controversy over on Pointbuzz about the parking pass deal. Many people said if they were forced with the windshield sticker they were not renewing their pass this year. I have always liked it on the pass. I drive a semi truck, and had a delivery in Sandusky last summer. It delivered at 6AM the next day, and I got there at like 7 at night. I would not have paid $10 for 3 hours to a park I usually visit once a week for free. I pulled up to the toll booth, and told her I had a delivery for something called.... (hesitated for a second and shuffled papers) Project Maverick. She said OK, do you know where to go? After that I told her I was kidding and showed her my season pass w/ parking pass and she told me to go ahead. It was awesome. got to park way up front with the buses. This was a few months before the press release of Maverick.

The best way would be if it's going to be free for passes do it for all passes and pay for tickets just charge more for the tickets and let them park free.

They don't want to have the both tolls open to save money so just do away with them. They can make more with people in the park and not setting out in the road waiting a hour to get in.

The best way would be if it's going to be free for passes do it for all passes and pay for tickets just charge more for the tickets and let them park free.

They don't want to have the both tolls open to save money so just do away with them. They can make more with people in the park and not setting out in the road wait a hour to get in.

You would have to charge quite a bit of money extra to make up for the money lost from Season Pass holders. Think about 10 bucks for every car that enters the park with a season pass.

They don't want to have the both tolls open to save money so just do away with them.

I mentioned that very subject on Pointbuzz. When CP lowered admission by $5, i made the suggestion for next season to RAISE the price $5 per person, and make it free parking. That way, a car carrying two people would pay the exact same thing, but they would be making more money on a car carrying four people. The general public would see the free parking as a great value, and would look at the price increase as the normal yearly increase.

^^ I am not an accountant, so I am just guessing here.

There is probably some tax reason where the park pays less taxes, or saves money, when their income is through different channels, so it needs to be spilt up accordingly. (gate, concessions, games, memorbilia, parking, etc.)

Any accountants out there?

I agree that there is probably some tax reason or something.

Look at how many small parks do not charge parking though. You would think if it was for some kind of tax purpose, the small parks would need it to survive.