New and improved SOB.

DropZone99

Most likely SOB will be opening in the next week or two, but i was thinking what everyone thinks KI should of done with SOB.

Here is what i think.

-They should put an old looking wooden roof with holes and cob-webs on it over the Q-Line.

-Where the defunt loop was they should of built a tunnel, and another tunnle on the second helix to make it more like it's dad.

-Move the on ride photo some place people would actually be screaming.

-Add special lighting or fog somewhere.

-Just put more theming into it.

=]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely SOB will be opening in the next week or two, but i was thinking what everyone thinks KI should of done with SOB.

Here is what i think.

-Move the on ride photo some place people would actually be screaming.

-Add special lighting or fog somewhere.

-Just put more theming into it.

=]

Why move the camera? Shouldn't they want to catch people screaming for JOY instead of screaming in PAIN on the ride? What else should have KI done with SOB? Besides take the wrecking ball to it? Not much else I suppose.

Well in previous posts on here they should have took their time to build it is exactly what should have been done but its now only time to tell how much damage is done to itself agian. The Beast is a very unique wooden roller coaster in the world and always will be! There was so much time and effort to build it and its so awesome in this world! I think they rushed into building SOB and it didn't become a world class wooden roller coaster like its father is. I like SOB but it just seems not as thrilling as The Beast becuase there should have been tunnels,theming,some effects to the ride that The Beast doesn't have in its own way. I just wanted to give my 2 cents for this topic thanks. ;)

As I said before, I think a tunnel (or two) would be a good investment for the ride to compensate for the loss-of-loop, and to respark some interest in the ride. I think a lot more people would want to give the ride another try after it opens if there was a new element, something different (and better) from what they remember. This is just my opinion.

I'm sure the park will give us a set date on SOB's opening. I am just as excited to ride it again!

The Camera:

I myself have and own 3 ORP's of me on SOB. I can see why a different location would be justifiable. But I don't think an ORP at any point after that would be a pleasant photo.

Yes, the new trains might be shorter... er, well lets face it they are a lot shorter! If you have been to Cedar Point they for TTD and Maverick load two trains then send them out. I wonder if this will be the case for SOB. It would make sense since the track to the first drop could hold a train as a block till the first train gets to the top of the lift. By the time the second train gets to the top of the lift the first will be passed the mid break blocks.

Well, the trains are six cars long. So that is a total of twenty four riders per train, which is twelve less than the original trains for the ride could hold (36). So I don`t think capacity will be hurt too much. It still will be better than rides like Face Off.

Well, the trains are six cars long. So that is a total of twenty four riders per train, which is twelve less than the original trains for the ride could hold (36). So I don`t think capacity will be hurt too much. It still will be better than rides like Face Off.

Or only 6 less riders per train versus last year. Last year they only ran 5 car trains, for a total of 30 riders per train.

Yep. Very true. They removed a car with the hopes of lightening the load caused by the train. It will be interesting to see how they rework the station. Since the Premier trains were three bench trains and the Gerstlauer trains are two bench trains. Will there even be a noticable change? For example, The Beast station is still set up for the original four bench PTC trains. They just modified some of the air gates to point to the correct location on the three bench PTC trains.

Well there fix last year was just to make the last gates not open, and block off that area of the que. I'd bet they will have to do quite a few changes in the station to make everything line up correctly, or change the position of the air gates. But I'm wondering exactly what they will do to fix that problem.

Uh, in response to the OP has the park said the ride is going to open in the next few weeks or so? I dont think so, just because it is testing doesn't mean those test dummies will be replaced by human beings in a few weeks.

Ha. Well from what I saw yesterday 4 people actually were on SOB yesterday.

Uh, in response to the OP has the park said the ride is going to open in the next few weeks or so? I dont think so, just because it is testing doesn't mean those test dummies will be replaced by human beings in a few weeks.

Ha. Well from what I saw yesterday 4 people actually were on SOB yesterday.

Four employees, not guests from the general public.

Also look what they did when The Beast went from 4 row cars to 3 row cars. Turned gates into trash can slots and safety ares for operators and put arrows on the ground.

D-Rider makes a great point you guys. In case you dont know, beast did have 4 row cars but soon after was changed to 3. The 4 row cars basically was tearing the track apart in simple terms.

Beast_Press_Open_8.jpg