Tri-County Mall: Amusement and a Meal

Went there last night with Boddah1994, Dane, CoastersRZ, and Captain Nemo. (Expect the photo tr soon). Much to our surprise (we figured we would get bored and end up walking around the mall) we really enjoyed it. The Krazy City indoor amusement park was a blast! It's under good leadership too! The head of operations is a stand up guy and former manager from Kings Island. I can see this place lasting longer than 3 years, prices were reasonable, there was lots of entertainment, I'm sure kids will love it. Don't knock it till you've tried it, we set the bar low and were really surprised.

-Gordon Bombay, who is sitting in Columbus International Airport waiting for a flight to Philly, browsing KIC and filling out a TSA customer service review.

Went there last night with Boddah1994, Dane, CoastersRZ, and Captain Nemo. (Expect the photo tr soon). Much to our surprise (we figured we would get bored and end up walking around the mall) we really enjoyed it. The Krazy City indoor amusement park was a blast! It's under good leadership too! The head of operations is a stand up guy and former manager from Kings Island. I can see this place lasting longer than 3 years, prices were reasonable, there was lots of entertainment, I'm sure kids will love it. Don't knock it till you've tried it, we set the bar low and were really surprised.

-Gordon Bombay, who is sitting in Columbus International Airport waiting for a flight to Philly, browsing KIC and filling out a TSA customer service review.

Not knocking it.

But I know a fair amount about Tri County mall.

I was a manager at Skolnick's Bagel Bakery when the mall transitioned to a two story mall.

I don't see a venture such as being successful.

Yep. We had a great time at Krazy City. It was really a fun night! I will get the photo trip report up later today/this evening. The Skyscraper was an extremely fun and fast ride, that had some pops of air too!

I don`t know. I think this place can be successful. It will be interesting to see how this place looks and is doing a year from now, and even a couple years from now. I have to be honest that the attached sit down restaurant looked rather empty all night (and way overstaffed).

Guest kwindshawne

Hope your flight goes better than mine did!!!!

let me take a different spin on this.

This will the place that "dad takes the kids while mom is shopping."

My wife and i visited this past week and my thoughts were- ok our daughter and I will hang out here while you stress for hours over the same pair of shoes from three different stores. this will end up being a haven for dads and toddlers.

let me take a different spin on this.

This will the place that "dad takes the kids while mom is shopping."

My wife and i visited this past week and my thoughts were- ok our daughter and I will hang out here while you stress for hours over the same pair of shoes from three different stores. this will end up being a haven for dads and toddlers.

Forest Fair Mall had thought that with their mini park as well.

The difference here being that there are many more and varied offerings for the shopper at Tri-County than at Forest Fair....

Not when it opened.

Actually Forrest Fair had 4 or 5 Anchor Stores that were new to Cincinnati, Biggs and an enormous food court.

I'm willing to wait.

We can check the progress at 3 years.

if i'm not mistaken though, Forest fair was trying to appeal to the upper-income crowd and got trumped when the Kenwood Mall crossed the street. They were trying to introduce stores like Lord & Taylor, a suburban Saks 5th Avenue, Parisian- ie some high-end stores... then try to mix it up with a Biggs, amusement area, and a psychodelic movie theater.... anyone remember those lights?

if i'm not mistaken though, Forest fair was trying to appeal to the upper-income crowd and got trumped when the Kenwood Mall crossed the street. They were trying to introduce stores like Lord & Taylor, a suburban Saks 5th Avenue, Parisian- ie some high-end stores... then try to mix it up with a Biggs, amusement area, and a psychodelic movie theater.... anyone remember those lights?

Yup, the theater was the first $1 theater in the area.

There was a Bonwitt Teller and a couple others.

LOL, and that was a misconception that it was Kenwood Mall that moved across the street. Actually it was Kenwood Plaza that was converted into Kenwood Towne Center. Kenwood Mall (which prior to the Towne Center was the busiest mall in suburban Cincinnait) operated for many years after the Towne Center opened. The mall struggled for years and was finally raised to Build Sycamore Center.