Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I am amazed at how much of DB sticks out of the tree lines. I thought you might see the 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd, but much much more is visible. Truley a new skyline for KI.

I thought the same looking at the pictures, but then again it is winter. The leaves in the summer will probably hide more of the hills..

Regardless, it's still going to dominate the KI skyline. ...Which reminds me--boy do I miss eating skyline at KI...

Watching the Hammerhead develop in the webcam it looks to be the same height as the 3rd hill. Not sure if it is just the angle of the cam, but the Hammerhead is looking absolutely amazing.

If you check out the webcam pic that Beast1979 put up of the hammerhead, you can see that the 3rd hill drop doesn't quite reach the bottom to the ground. So that would make the coaster able to still do the hammerhead at that same height as the 3rd hill. Because it doesn't need anymore speed to reach that hammerhead turn. But as you come out of the hammerhead, the track will reach the ground because it's gotta get good air time for the 4th hill.

Get what I'm saying??

Sorry for the double post:

But I have a quick question. Is KI open to where my mom and I can go up there and get my 2009 Platinum Pass processed?? Or do I have to wait until April??

The Last Day was in November, but you can order one on http://www.visitkingsisland.com and get your passes processed when you go to the park next year, and if you're getting the same type of pass you had for '08, they just rescan the barcode and you use the same card.

Edit: Racerrider beat me. Processing dates before the park opens for the season will be announced on a later date and will most likely start in mid to late March or early April but as Racerrider said if you were a 2008 Platinum Passholder all you have to do is go up to the sales building, pay the renewal fee, and let them transfer all information to 2009 and your on your way without having to take a picture or anything

Better.

Jackson, avoiding a one word post by writing this, now making it 17 word post!

I was always told that if I didn't have anything special to add to a conversation then not to add anything at all!

Cory, Trying to stay nice, but the whole "Trying to avoid a one word post" shtick is getting really old. For all intents and purposes you are creating one word posts and getting by on mere technicalities, and that, is getting even older.

Railrider, your last statement in your post just made me LOL.

I guess you can make a record out of anything:

Vortex: The only looping coaster in the world with a view of The Beast!

Racer: The only wooden racing coaster in Warren County, Ohio!

The Crypt: The world's most re-themed enclosed top spin!

Drop Tower: The tallest Drop Tower west of the Little Miami!

:P Seriously, though. There aren't that many Hyper Megas in the world, much less ones with splashdowns! I can't wait.

Isn't that the 2nd time today you have done a post like that? Where it truely is one word and than you just add the crap at the bottom? Seriously if you have nothing pertinent than why post? Unless your a post wh@re?

Haha RailRider may I add your quote to my signature? That is the funniest thing I have heard all day!

Anyways back to Diamondback. The hammerhead looks amazing. I can't believe the amount of work that they have gotten done already. I remember how long I had to wait to ride Sheikra. Even with Busch Gardens having no off season it still took quiet a long time to complete.

Back on topic, The hammerhead turn is really in a nice spot, both in terms of the surrounding terrain and the overall layout of this coaster. There will be great views from every part of this thing! Remember, the landscape slopes away into the valley beyond Beast, making it look more dramatic and breath-taking, so coming around the 'top' of that element will truly be a sight to see!