Ride count on Diamondback?

KI Kevin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

129 as of 6/12/09. I am planning to add a few more by 6/13/09 before my trips to So Cal.

For those who have been on Goliath at Canada Wonderland, how does Diamondback compare to Goliath? Also, does anyone prefer Superman/Bizzaro at SFNE over Diamondback?

I have heard from many sources online (my friend and I search for differet opinions on the best roller coasters) that Superman RoS was the best steel roller coaster. Haven't heard anything about how Bizarro is different besides new effects.

My son and I were there yesterday. (He's 13 and already a coaster freak)

Anyway, we almost got 18 rides just yesterday alone. It was about 5:15 and something gave way in the station. :(

We both have 45 rides in....can't wait for the next visit!!!

129 as of 6/12/09. I am planning to add a few more by 6/13/09 before my trips to So Cal.

For those who have been on Goliath at Canada Wonderland, how does Diamondback compare to Goliath? Also, does anyone prefer Superman/Bizzaro at SFNE over Diamondback?

Most of the people I either know or have talked to about Behemoth vs. Diamondback (and have ridden both, myself included) have said that Behemoth is better. Having said that, as the Interpreter mentioned you'll really need to decide for yourself, and both are wonderful coasters.

I'm curious to ride Bizarro @ SFNE for the first time. Just as a sidenote, does anyone find it odd that those trains have been modified as many times as they have? What is it about this particular ride that they feel the need to continue tweaking the trains?

You of course mean Behemoth at Wonderland...many prefer it to Diamondback, others prefer Diamondback to it. As always, I'd recommend you try it for yourself. From what I have heard (I have not gotten up there to ride it yet), Bizarro at SFNE is not the ride it was before the conversion...many say the new restraint system detracts from the ride...I thought the modifications that had already been made to the trains before the conversion had already detracted from what was once my favorite steel coaster, by far.

I rode the Bizzaro for the first time. It was an amazing coaster. The air time and the lateral were much, much better than Millennium Force although the trains were quite similar. I find it hard to believe that the ride was better. I rode 10 times including once on a front and 5 times in the back. (I prefer back.) The ride was much more dynamic than Diamondback although Diamondback had much more air time.

I will be at CW this July. I will ride Behemoth. There are a few people like Diamondback better and some like Behemoth better. I will finally get to ride that.

The train modification was done possibly due to an accident a few years ago. From what I heard, the ride itself was not modified.

My son and I were there yesterday. (He's 13 and already a coaster freak)

Anyway, we almost got 18 rides just yesterday alone. It was about 5:15 and something gave way in the station. :(

We both have 45 rides in....can't wait for the next visit!!!

It was one of the drive/kick tires. The ones that are used to push it out of the station onto the lift. They had it back up by 6:00. I recorded it's all-clear horn at 5:47 according to my phone and Jackson and I were on the first train out after the breakdown.

I am at 20. Thinking back, I should have ridden it 5 more times yesterday so I could get my 26th ride on my 26th birthday Saturday. I am bringing a couple friends with me and I don't know how they will feel about riding that many times, especially on a Saturday cause I imagine it will not be a walk on...

We've been to the park 4 days this season. First visit was Memorial weekend, and I only got 1 ride in during the 9:30-10am time slot. Went back hours later and waited 90 minutes to ride again. Didn't even attempt that Sunday. It was crowded. Had our kids with us, so long waits weren't an option.

My husband and I went back last weekend without the kids and got in 3 rides on Friday during the 1/2 hour time period, then got on at 9am Saturday and didn't get off until 10am. We got 1 ride in on the front seat, got up (without going through the line) and went to the backseat. Rode back there 3 times (nothing like being whipped over that hill!) and then settled into row 4 for 9 rides without getting out of our seat. The ride op laughed each time we went by him. The guy checking our restraints said "just how many times are you all gonna ride?" We wanted to do more, but at 10, it started to get very crowded.

We are going back next month on a wed-fri. Hopefully we can get in as many, if not more. My goal is 50 this season.