Kentucky Kingdom

Growing increasingly worried by the lack of crowds seen at the park thus-far this season.....

Tell your friends to visit, tell your neighbors to visit, and go visit the Kingdom yourself!

The park is beautiful from a landscaping perspective and has a great coaster line-up.

If you wondered if it was worth the trip, it is.

• Like 4

Went to KK today.  Crazy busy.  Observations:

1.  Entry:  Season pass line busy, backed up to near the parking lot cemetery.  Daily ticket lines had a good length, too.

2.  Casual glance: lots of TN and IN plates.

3.  Because it was so hot, the park's water sponsor was handing out water to people waiting in line to get in.

4.  Storm Chaser-WOW.  The only thing I didn't like about this coaster is it seems as if it is over way too quick.The pathway back to it was nice.

5.  On ride photos of Storm Chaser and Thunder Run look great.

6.  Souvenir cups-$5, season pass price $4.  I renewed with free drinks, and had no problem getting drinks.  I only wish CF would do the same, and not require us carry around cups if we want cheaper drinks while in the park.

7.  Water-my friend got water and it was free, and given in large cups vs. Kinzel cups.

8.  I rode Storm Chaser, Thunder Run, Tin Lizzies and the swing ride (which gave me motion sickness and ended my day).  I was only there for a couple of hours.  No more swing rides for me.  Ride ops were very efficient, professional and gave quick dispatches.  Two trains were on each coaster except TR, which only has one.

9.  Speaking of TR--How can it be so awesome and the CW Hurler is terrible?

10.  Food lines were long but went fairly quick.

11.  Most food places did not open until noon.  Don't know why they don't open until an hour after park opening.

12.  Love the landscaping.  It really is a beautiful park.  The plant ID tags/QR codes are great, too.  The hardscape needs some attention.

13.  On Tin Lizzies, it actually looks like they poured new concrete and moved the iron track to go around trees and shrubs so they could be left in place rather than removed.  I could be totally off base, but that's what it looks like.

14.  Other than being hotter than blazes, the only irritating thing was when I was waiting in the BBQ joint while my friends rode LR, some teenage girls were critiquing passers by and being rude. 

15.  It is nice to have indoor places have AC--restrooms and food places offered a respite from the heat.

• Like 6

Just arrived at Kentucky Kingdom. Lots of people here. Overhead someone say there would be lots of coaster enthusiasts here today because of Holiwood Nights.

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

Coaster Crew and National Amusement Park Historical Association are holding an event there today. Sadly I'm not there.

T3 is now my least favorite Vekoma. I got stapled halfway through the ride.

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

I hope when I ride it, it's better than Flight Deck @ Canada's Wonderland. That's my least favorite Vekoma. How are the seats otherwise? 

• Like 1

The enthusiast world is so funny!  I actually liked T3--in a "I'll ride this once per visit" kind of way.  Most people don't.  Meanwhile, people rave over Banshee.  Banshee is a once per visit ride for me as well.  Kind of a "meh" coaster.  It would be better for me without the helix finale.  That almost always gives me some nausea.

Edit:  this is not to say that T3 is a better coaster than Banshee.  It's not, obviously.  But what some people hate in mass others like and vice versa.

• Like 4

I was there today too. Got there at open. Rode lightening Run twice, Thunder Run and T3 once and Storm Chaser four times. The back of Storm Chaser is freaking incredible. Got an awesome ride on Prof Johns right before the slight sprinkle when the wind was blowing good. Had a Fat Tire at Casa Mia's that was ice cold and perfect at around 1:30. I lost my Nicorette lozenges on Lightening Run in slow motion, super clownstick fashion that had me fumbling for them in super slow motion after that first ejector air hill. I laughed because it looked so dumb...but it was the only time all day I forgot to hold them in my hand. Load times and dispatches were terrible at every ride here...but the lines were short and even when busy...only a three or four train wait.

• Like 3

Really wanted to ride Tin Lizzie's but the line was ridiculous when I went back in the afternoon. Angry Birds made me terribly nauseous because I was in the front row. Had the sweats and everything. The whole thing was just nonstop rumbling. Families seemed to dig it...but the front row is terrible.

Well worth the out of town special. One more awesome coaster...and this place has a mark. This was added after Terps post. But I had a very fun day there. My girlfriend too...who is not an enthusiast like some of us. Nice park Kentuckians... I hope it lasts. You are lucky. I wish Columbus could get a park.

Poop. Last edit. We have a park with zoomboozi bay or whatever...trust me I love the Sea Dragon...but the dry rides suck so bad. Water park may be cool...too old to know. There is no place for old dudes at water parks. The dry rides suuuccckkk. Cmon Jack! Get him in check Terp! He's too busy doing the late night circuit man.

• Like 3

Can't say enough about this park. A dark ride and another quality coaster makes it really good. I'm still in awe over Storm Chaser. I really hope KI gets an RMC. It's not Maverick...but darn tootin' close enough. Really clean place too...[cough** aside from the people of lighter skin trash...**cough.]. Had a great time and recommend people from out of state to hit the park if given the chance.

I also recommend people to stop at the Gaylord Opryland Convention Center if able. It's a Marriott with freakin' awesome atriums under a dome that is like 8 city blocks. Amazing. You get lost in the place the first couple hours.

• Like 2

Can't say enough about this park. A dark ride and another quality coaster makes it really good. I'm still in awe over Storm Chaser. I really hope KI gets an RMC. It's not Maverick...but darn tootin' close enough. Really clean place too...[cough** aside from the people of lighter skin trash...**cough.]. Had a great time and recommend people from out of state to hit the park if given the chance.

I also recommend people to stop at the Gaylord Opryland Convention Center if able. It's a Marriott with freakin' awesome atriums under a dome that is like 8 city blocks. Amazing. You get lost in the place the first couple hours.

Just made it back home. If someone finds my Nicorette I lost on Lightening Run...please enjoy and quit smoking like I'm trying.

• Like 2