The Crypt: Gone for 2012!

TombRaiderFTW

Just watched a video I took of the ride (Zipped i my pocket, secretly). Turns out the whole ride, including the end, where the music gets loud and the ride is pretty still, is about exactly 2 minutes, when I have heard it was more ike 1 minute. I mss you too much, Crypt.

the local Cincinnati Paper did a great article for Invertigo.

But really just for a Halloween Haunt on the old crypt that is horrible.

We shall see as the time passes.

Also yes on a previous post The Beast let his son on the park worst error of judgement for the park, of course it could have been built great if it had been done right with the right maker.

I'm saying pieces will be showing up on line for buyers, own a piece of the only looping fastest tallest wooden coaster to ever be unleashed up till 2012.

The Crypt closed right before it could celebrate 10 years of operation. So did Son of Beast. They are ruining 10 year celebrations

:(.

Common misconception, which I only bother to think about thanks to Terp.

2002 (1), 2003 (2), 2004 (3), 2005 (4), 2006 (5), 2007 (6), 2008 (7), 2009 (8), 2010 (9), 2011 (10).

The Crypt did indeed operate for ten seasons because 2002 is year one, not year zero.

And as it was, I hardly imagine anyone would've been having a "celebration" of any kind whatsoever even if it was open. ;) Other than Son of Beast and Rocket Rods, I have trouble thinking of other recent multi-million dollar additions that have been reduced to nothing in such a relatively short time.

It completed ten years of operation. ;) 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Wouldn't you agree that the close of the 2002 season marked "one year" of operation? If so, than the 2011 season's end marked "ten years" of operation.

I will confess...your posts in this thread DO have me confused. :blink:

I can assure you as of now, the park plans on operating The Crypt this year.

As for tearing down the building, highly unlikely. The park would keep the building and convert it before they would tear it down.

A friend of mine has been placed at The Crypt for this season.

I don't think that any of this information is confidential, just wanted to raise some speculation.

I never said what department did I?

Looks like the cat is finally out of the bag.

It completed ten years of operation. ;) 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Wouldn't you agree that the close of the 2002 season marked "one year" of operation? If so, than the 2011 season's end marked "ten years" of operation.

to me, whether for an attraction or a person- one year is picking a day on the calender and going to the exact same date of the very next year (i.e.- january 1, 2000 to january 1, 2001), but to each their own. haha

I wouldn't be surprised if the ride is still in there when the new attraction opens.

I would be. Why let it take up valuable space?

Because removing the ride structure itself will be a costly and time-consuming endeavor that probably needs to be worked into a year's budget (not that it couldn't have been worked into 2012's). In other words, until it needs to be removed, it might not be. Look at Son of Beast... So many people say "Yeah, it's over, just tear it down." Do these people think that the magical toothpick fairies will fly down to Mason and reclaim the wooden splinters they used to build the thing? It's expensive, and there's no real reason to do it until it needs to be done, or until it can be done... I don't know. That's how I see it.

Keep in mind that it's not a portable carnival ride either. It has concrete footings drilled deep into the Earth, most likely one with the concrete slab of the building itself. It wasn't built to be removed, and it will definitely put up a fight. I would wager that there will be jackhammers if the park wishes to remove the ride's legs. I don't know.

I will confess...your posts in this thread DO have me confused. :blink:

I can assure you as of now, the park plans on operating The Crypt this year.

As for tearing down the building, highly unlikely. The park would keep the building and convert it before they would tear it down.

A friend of mine has been placed at The Crypt for this season.

I don't think that any of this information is confidential, just wanted to raise some speculation.

I never said what department did I?

Looks like the cat is finally out of the bag.

No matter how it will be spun, keep the saying in mind:

Those that know, don't talk. Those that talk, don't know.

^ A Crabby Patty? Better order it without pickles. (Oh... wait.)

Also, I'm not defending anyone, but if teenageninja's friend has been hired into the department that sets up the Haunt props or as a scareactor, the comments actually make sense. (Well, maybe not the "the park plans on operating The Crypt this year" one.)