The Beach set to reopen May 18th

I asked on their facebook page whether or not the slides that have been in the field behind the water park would be used, specifically if the ones bought from Wyandot Lake (now Columbus Zoo) would be constructed or not. From their response, it seems that they will be evaluating which slides they can use and which can be used for parts in the future. I'd like to see them back up and running again. I've personally never been to the Beach, but may have to make a trip this year.

I'm kind of glad the Beach is going to be open again. It seemed like Soak City was slammed last summer when the Beach was closed, much more crowded then previous years. Perhaps this was because of the new expansion, perhaps it was because we got all the Beach's customers/crowds. Either way, I'll be curious to see how both Soak City and the Beach do this summer.

It will be good to see some investment go to the park. I didn't keep a tally, but it seems that the Beach went without improvements or additions for close to a decade. After dining at the Skyline by there last weekend, it was good to see that the abandoned miniature golf eyesore has been dozed over and cleared out.

Will be interesting to see if the new owners (or I guess lease holders) attract some new outside investment back in that area.

Would it not be nice for the beach to add a boardwalk at the beach family fun center, a mini golf, go carts, some upcharge attractions, later, down the road:

Well, it is owned by a family entertainment company that specializes in mini golf, go karts, etc., so I can see it in the future.

Looking over their website, it looks promising. They're keeping some of the "extras" the park previously had (the Tuesday night teen dance club, dive-in movies, the "dog day" in September), plus things seem reasonably priced. Will definitely consider making at least one trip up there this summer. I'm not surprised that they kept the "Come to the Beach" jingle - it's very familiar to people in this area, so why come up with something new when they can use something most people will remember?

• Like 2