Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

If it is an invert I hope that it dosen't make me dizzy. Most inverts do.

I agree. Some inverts give me vertigo like Raptor. But when it comes to big name Amusement Parks, Kings Island is the only park that doesnt have a full circuit invert. Look at Carowinds, Dorney, KD, Cedar Point, CW, Knotts, and even Worlds of Fun; they all have a full circuit invert. Kings Island being one of the top three parks in the chain and not having a B&M Invert is pretty silly to me.

• Like 1

I've never had dizziness with inverts.. I don't understand all the complaining. And not seeing anything, With Invertigo, I can't see anything either, but that doesn't mean it's not a fun ride. (Passed the people you're facing)

On a selfish standpoint, if people really don't like inverts that much, and we do get one.. then hey, more riding for me :)
But I know a lot of people will flock to it regardless :)

But for your sake, if it bothers you, I see why you wouldn't vouch for one haha

• Like 1

I agree. Some inverts give me vertigo like Raptor. But when it comes to big name Amusement Parks, Kings Island is the only park that doesnt have a full circuit invert. Look at Carowinds, Dorney, KD, Cedar Point, CW, Knotts, and even Worlds of Fun; they all have a full circuit invert. Kings Island being one of the top three parks in the chain and not having a B&M Invert is pretty silly to me.
I wouldn't mind an invert so that KI can stay "competitive"( I like that term), but I also love how its diverse collection of rides makes it different from the other parks even through there are some cloned rides.
  • Like 1

I would ride it and I'm not complaining. I'm just saying many people have vertigo from riding inverts and Kings Island might have considered it when choosing what type of ride to put in.

Really? There's an inverted coaster in nearly every park.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind an invert so that KI can stay "competitive"( I like that term), but I also love how its diverse collection of rides makes it different from the other parks even through there are some cloned rides.

spot on! A nice new, unique layout maybe? Not maybe but hopefully

• Like 1

spot on! A nice new, unique layout maybe? Not maybe but hopefully

Lets just erect a fake mountain while we're at it. Oh wait that's already been done...

• Like 1

When you think about it. Diamondback was/is a huge hit and is the #1 or #2 coaster in the park (The Beast I might add). Maybe Kings Island doesnt want to outshine DB with height and speed, but to have another coaster in the park that can put KI on the map of a must visit destination.

Also 2014 would mean the last new coaster we got came 5 years ago, and DB will be 6 years old (I cant believe how time goes by). 5 years without a new coaster gives a lot of time to think about what type of ride you want, where you want it, the theme (if there is one) and many other options. So technically, this coaster could be 5 years in the making.

• Like 3

But i said NOT trying to outshine in height in speed, rather have another coaster that delivers a different presence. Both Leviathan and Behemoth are giants. Maybe KI wants something giant but not as tall as DB and delivers a different feel

What is this supposed to be? A food truck? Why?

http://twitpic.com/cvv1th

confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well, with the pictures of food on the side and the walk-up window, my guess is it's an armored Brinks truck.

Think, my friend....think. YES, it's a food truck.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It was just begging for a sarcastic, smart-alec response.

• Like 10

I can't ride the intamin giga with the new open air trains.

What is the deal with b&m's. In the back on Diamondback it is rough but I can care less if a ride is rough. Mf is 13 years old and still smooth as glass. Even though there are reliabilty issues intamin is the caddilac of coasters.

What is the deal with b&m's. In the back on Diamondback it is rough but I can care less if a ride is rough. Mf is 13 years old and still smooth as glass. Even though there are reliabilty issues intamin is the caddilac of coasters.

How the heck is Diamondback rough...IN ANY SEAT?!

• Like 4

How the heck is Diamondback rough...IN ANY SEAT?!

It's like people have already forgotten about Son of Beast! A job well done, Kings Island!

• Like 7

Why are you even here if all you do is complain about stuff?

• Like 4

It shuffles a bit, yeah. Rough is an outlandish statement. But it's more 'rough' than Goliath (SFOG) and Raging Bull, but honestly I like them all about the same. They all bring something different to the table - Goliath has doesn't have a MCBR so it doesn't give you a chance to breathe, great floater air and a strong helix. Raging Bull has a couple strong drops and a unique compact layout and Diamondback has strong air and a terrain to work with.

That is why I am hoping for a intamin giga. All that jackhammering shruggs off speed. Speed is the less resistance.

Why do you think Millennium Force goes so slow at the end? The turns and hills in the course shave off speed.

That's my point, I don't want jackhammering to shrugg off more speed.