Work Near Adventure Express

calakapepe

Actually th--- Was just about to point out the same thing.

No queue has been removed, I think.

However, where the landscaping happened/ it looks like there are two footings for a sign.

Very keen eye, I hope Adventure Express gets some love, although it seems odd, it isn't even in Action Zone, but I suppose it is in rather close quarters.

Maybe they expect an increase in ridership for this too? Expand the queue into a zig-zagy queue? Only time can tell.

But what ever is happening, I hope to see more of this Ouimetization (added to Dictionary), and I'm very intrigued as to what will happen around the park in the next few years.

• Like 6

I never realized how much of an Adventure Express purist/fanboy I am until I read this and was unnecessarily miffed. :P

I guess this would explain the weird tree removal around the beginning of the queue (namely, between the queue and that service road.) Just don't get rid of that plaque mounted on the rock beside the entrance!

(I love every inch of that ride. Seriously.)

I continue to wonder if Slingshot's on its way out. The path by Adventure Express/Slingshot tends to crowd easily. I wouldn't complain if it were a bit wider at the expense of Slingshot; the views of Banshee would be improved.

• Like 12

Maybe they are going to spruce up the special effects on AE. It would be nice to see the lights under the track at the beginning along with the fog. and to hear that familiar train crossing warning again, as well as the fog in the valley and the moving arrows in the tunnel ( I think a couple still work). Oh...and the lights around the faux Stonehenge. Also the fog and volcano fire in the final tunnel. Maybe even the lighting on the final lift with all of the stone statues pounding their drums next season.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 10

Could CJ possibly be doing something with Adventure Express? It's been bent down by it for a few days. Not really sure, what do you guys think?

To be perfect honest with you, I HIGHLY doubt it. CJ is a pretty big crane, I don't think it would be practical to use such a crane, I bet it would be harder to do so also.

Ah that's a good point. Didn't think about that, thank you. I appreciate it.

Maybe they are going to spruce up the special effects on AE. It would be nice to see the lights under the track at the beginning along with the fog. and to hear that familiar train crossing warning again, as well as the fog in the valley and the moving arrows in the tunnel ( I think a couple still work). Oh...and the lights around the faux Stonehenge. Also the fog and volcano fire in the final tunnel. Maybe even the lighting on the final lift with all of the stone statues pounding their drums next season.

Fingers crossed.

I'd love to see AE get revamped. Maybe kind of like Knott's Log Flume revamp? As long as they keep the base theme with the revamp I'd be happy. But I'd also be open to something new. But I think I'd also rather get a new dark ride before getting a AE revamp. Just my own opinions.

• Like 3

Guys, We could also just see some new trees of flowers... <_<

Adventure Express becomes...GARDEN EXPRESS in 2014! Rocket past fields of man-eating roses and tulips, and careen through arches overflowing with bloodthirsty azaleas, before a heartstopping finale with a gang of tribal dandelions and the evil Venus Fly Trap God who pours a vat of scalding weed killer!

....seriously, though. Wouldn't that be awesome to have a coaster set up like a cross between Honey, I Shrunk The Kids and a horror version of the flower scene from Alice in Wonderland?

• Like 16

It's true of the sky coaster. Those rides are not for sale. The company also trains the ride ops. No member of the paying public has ever died on a sky coaster. That's phenomenal.

I had always heard that KI owned theirs, which was why they could have the cheaper pricing in the morning and other parks typically don't. Is that not the case? You learn something new every day.