Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

the ones under contraction are completed because the park needs those to work on rides and launch fireworks throughout the operating season

Note that they don't launch fireworks from the maintenance buildings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So my buddy caught a glimpse of the crew testing the equipment again tonight and this popped up on the screen! Could it be?!?          SPOILER ALERT       S

Ok y’all! It’s time for a vote! Here is the final 4!  Trophy for this one! Heart for This one! Laugh for This one! The 4th option is the above with Mako Purple inste

Posted Images

20 hours ago, refrigerator said:

If and when they start pouring footers, look for the one in the following picture.

This is from Fury 325. Leviathan also had a footer exactly like this.  It is the start of the lift hill.  Dead giveaway for a B&M Giga or not.

CB8CBE93-C47E-4EB7-9BDA-B45C9AFA7FF7.jpeg

BC6927D5-E0F5-42BD-BEBB-8BE7F735AF2D.jpeg

Valravn also features it as well..............................

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drummermattk said:

Valravn also features it as well..............................

Someone else has already stated that too. They said it is on most all B&Ms now. It was stated that Gigas also have this at the base of the drop (I believe).

 

It will still be helpful to see the direction of the lift hill.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
I do, in fact, believe the park is replacing some, if not all, of their maintenance buildings because it would allow them to drastically increase the size of X-Base and make it more roomy to accommodate for the increased foot traffic of a new attraction
However, I do not see them demolishing the current maintenance buildings until some of the ones under contraction are completed because the park needs those to work on rides and launch fireworks throughout the operating season


I hope this is correct. I’d really like them to develop X-Base and put in restrooms, a flat or 2, and some kind of drink stall. There is nothing back there and it’s so far off the main paths.
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Someone else has already stated that too. They said it is on most all B&Ms now. It was stated that Gigas also have this at the base of the drop (I believe).

 

It will still be helpful to see the direction of the lift hill.

Once they start digging footers, the layout will start to be apparent pretty quick. I'm thinking next weekend, weather permitting they will have an area clean and flat and we may see some holes. That will likely be the station. Should be fairly easy to figure out which way its going after that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at some of the aerial photos, it looks like it would be possible to plop a station behind Banshee, route a queue back there, and then head over to the current clearing after the first drop.

Though I still think it's more likely that the station goes where Firehawk was and the clearing keeps going farther into the woods.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

I occasionally wonder if they dont have teasers yet, due to the aerial pictures/videos. Doubtful, but makes me wonder. 

Unlikely. Things are done for internal reasons. You have to be careful about teasers because you don’t want people excited for next year when the buzz needs to be about this year. 

My assumption is that they had teasers for Banshee and Mystic because the construction was front and center so they kind of had to have something. At least they could control the buzz a little. The current clearing is pretty off the beaten path. I’d argue that if you didn’t know where to look you might not know it wasn’t always there. 

There could be something that forces their hand, but in a perfect world they would start doing teasers after the opening of Carnival.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Unlikely. Things are done for internal reasons. You have to be careful about teasers because you don’t want people excited for next year when the buzz needs to be about this year. 

My assumption is that they had teasers for Banshee and Mystic because the construction was front and center so they kind of had to have something. At least they could control the buzz a little. The current clearing is pretty off the beaten path. I’d argue that if you didn’t know where to look you might not know it wasn’t always there. 

There could be something that forces their hand, but in a perfect world they would start doing teasers after the opening of Carnival.

You also have to remember with the Ohio weather it rains A LOT so everyone that might not even be an "enthusiast" will be over at Flight of Fear. As well as most people liked or hated Firehawk, so I feel as soon as they start actually building something they will lay out teasers. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seeker441 said:

You also have to remember with the Ohio weather it rains A LOT so everyone that might not even be an "enthusiast" will be over at Flight of Fear. As well as most people liked or hated Firehawk, so I feel as soon as they start actually building something they will lay out teasers. 

Maybe. But you literally can’t see anything over the fence. Just that the Firehawk sign, photo booth, and queue were mysteriously spared the wrecking ball.

I don’t know the typical timeline of a giga’s construction but the two other B&M’s we’ve had saw foundational work and concrete for months upon months before any vertical construction.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Looking at some of the aerial photos, it looks like it would be possible to plop a station behind Banshee, route a queue back there, and then head over to the current clearing after the first drop.

Though I still think it's more likely that the station goes where Firehawk was and the clearing keeps going farther into the woods.

Dont forget SOB station is still just sitting there!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Maybe. But you literally can’t see anything over the fence. Just that the Firehawk sign, photo booth, and queue were mysteriously spared the wrecking ball.

I don’t know the typical timeline of a giga’s construction but the two other B&M’s we’ve had saw foundational work and concrete for months upon months before any vertical construction.

That is true, another fun thing for a tribute is, at least I noticed riding Racer (Blue), is that there is a part of the loop from Firehawk laying down by some of the buildings near FoF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Looking at some of the aerial photos, it looks like it would be possible to plop a station behind Banshee, route a queue back there, and then head over to the current clearing after the first drop.

Though I still think it's more likely that the station goes where Firehawk was and the clearing keeps going farther into the woods.

I think the station will most likely go where Firehawk's was located. Looking at the aerial photos, it looks like they've left the majority of the queue as well as some other station remnants. Just makes sense logistically. Odds are we have a lot more land clearing to watch out for.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scoriell said:

I think the station will most likely go where Firehawk's was located. Looking at the aerial photos, it looks like they've left the majority of the queue as well as some other station remnants. Just makes sense logistically. Odds are we have a lot more land clearing to watch out for.

I don't know about anyone else but I hope they don't clear out too much for an amazing night ride back in that wooded area.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I work for a company that makes forestry clearing equipment.  They can do some serious clearing in the course of a week.  My assumption is that they have a guideline of when they need to have the forestry cleared prior to grading of the ground as well as the pouring of footings.  

Surprised how close they have this going towards The Beast, but excited about it nonetheless.

I also believe those maintenance buildings will be moved.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

I work for a company that makes forestry clearing equipment.  They can do some serious clearing in the course of a week.  My assumption is that they have a guideline of when they need to have the forestry cleared prior to grading of the ground as well as the pouring of footings.  

Surprised how close they have this going towards The Beast, but excited about it nonetheless.

I also believe those maintenance buildings will be moved.

The fact that forest clearing isn’t necessarily a slow process, coupled with the fact that they are working 7 days a week, well into the night kind of piques my interest...

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Someone else has already stated that too. They said it is on most all B&Ms now. It was stated that Gigas also have this at the base of the drop (I believe).

 

It will still be helpful to see the direction of the lift hill.

It is a little hard to see but it does not appear to me that Fury has that kind of footing at the base of the drop. However it is a little different layout than most others

4F4DFB22-2B75-4A04-8995-C722E05AF200.jpeg

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Surprised how close they have this going towards The Beast, but excited about it nonetheless.

I agree and just hope that the coaster is more low-to-the ground when it passes by The Beast, so the trees can block it from being seen by Beast riders

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CoasterMegRN said:

It is a little hard to see but it does not appear to me that Fury has that kind of footing at the base of the drop. However it is a little different layout than most others

4F4DFB22-2B75-4A04-8995-C722E05AF200.jpeg

I was just quoting someone else. I have no knowledge on any of this stuff to the extent that you all do! 

Thank you for clarifying though!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually be surprised to see all those maintenance buildings moved.  I assume to do so, they'd have to move the water storage basin/silo (at least I've always thought it was water storage) and there's no indication of that - yet...

To my knowledge, the maintenance buildings closest to that water storage have been there since earlier years of the park.  They were not built when KI opened, but I think constructed in the first decade at least.  They were built to house the wood coaster shop close to Racer.  They added the longer red building and tan metal building next to the originals over time.

BTW - fun fact... if a ride/coaster is built in the area vacated by Firehawk then it will be the 4th attraction on that plot of land.  

Shaggy

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I'd actually be surprised to see all those maintenance buildings moved.  I assume to do so, they'd have to move the water storage basin/silo (at least I've always thought it was water storage) and there's no indication of that - yet...

To my knowledge, the maintenance buildings closest to that water storage have been there since earlier years of the park.  They were not built when KI opened, but I think constructed in the first decade at least.  They were built to house the wood coaster shop close to Racer.  They added the longer red building and tan metal building next to the originals over time.

BTW - fun fact... if a ride/coaster is built in the area vacated by Firehawk then it will be the 4th attraction on that plot of land.  

Shaggy

 

Alright, so help me out here...

Firehawk, helicopter tours.... what else?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres to another year of decoding.... whilst I may not be decoding (due to well working at the park lol) just know I am decoding in spirit with you all! :) Make the prior threads of Decoding Episode II and Decoding Episode I proud! 

Here are the prior threads for anybody curious for Mystic Timbers and Banshee!

Decoding Episode I: Starting to Decode 2014

 

Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

 

Have fun!

-stashua123

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a couple reference points I got from trolling through the construction of Fury 325. Fury started clearing for for the station area on June 21, this was the first area clearing happening and started pouring footers for the station in July 18.  

One intereting note was Cedar Fair filed for the trademark, or at least the trade mark was found, for “Fury 325” on June 16.

Obvisouly Ohio climate is different than North/South Carolina but interesting none the less.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Maybe. But you literally can’t see anything over the fence. Just that the Firehawk sign, photo booth, and queue were mysteriously spared the wrecking ball.

I don’t know the typical timeline of a giga’s construction but the two other B&M’s we’ve had saw foundational work and concrete for months upon months before any vertical construction.

My understanding is that footers need 90 days of curing before they start putting stress on them. 

5 hours ago, scoriell said:

I think the station will most likely go where Firehawk's was located. Looking at the aerial photos, it looks like they've left the majority of the queue as well as some other station remnants. Just makes sense logistically. Odds are we have a lot more land clearing to watch out for.

When building a $30 million dollar attraction, you usually don't say let's save $50k by reusing an old queue. You want the ride entrance area to be a showplace and not be limited to what was there before. 

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The fact that forest clearing isn’t necessarily a slow process, coupled with the fact that they are working 7 days a week, well into the night kind of piques my interest...

Yeah its odd. When you tear old growth tree roots out, the dirt is highly disturbed. You'd need quite a bit of compaction to get it back to construction ready. Factor in the rain we get this time of year and it's an even harder process. I'm guessing they are behind schedule or are worried they are going to get there if they don't work all the dry hours they can. Otherwise, not a lot of reason to pay workers those hours. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • malem locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...