What is the most overrated ride at Kings Island?

Dj325

What is the most overrated ride at Kings Island?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been asking this question to some of my crew members for a while now, so now I'll ask you guys, the KICentral community! Here's the question:

Which of these rides do you think is the most overrated ride at Kings Island?

If there's a ride that you think is the most overrated ride at the park and it's not listed, then you may choose "other" and comment down below which ride it is that wasn't on the list. This should be fun! As always, be respectful of others' opinions please:D Enjoy!! :)

I understand why people would say The Beast.  It does not have all the bells and whistles of new rides.  The layout if not for the woods is a little boring.  But if you lived thru the opening back in 1979, it was a marvel for it's time and just stuck in the enthusiast mindset to this day.

Just think if Orion had opened in 1999 . . or some date 20-30 years ago.  It would still be regarded as one of the best coasters ever built.  But since it was built last year and number 7 (I think) of GIGAs built in the US.  Most people regard it as a lesser of the GIGA's.  Some argue it isn't a GIGA at all.  It's just all perspective.

For example, if the same BAT was built today most people would not give it much thought after riding a rickety

coaster barely getting over 100ft tall.  But back in the 80's it was the reason you went to KI and waited in line for 4+ hours.

FYI . . I love The Beast and still see it thru my 12 yr old eyes.  The best ride ever . . to my perspective.  :)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, rlentless said:

I understand why people would say The Beast.  It does not have all the bells and whistles of new rides.  The layout if not for the woods is a little boring.  But if you lived thru the opening back in 1979, it was a marvel for it's time and just stuck in the enthusiast mindset to this day.

Just think if Orion had opened in 1999 . . or some date 20-30 years ago.  It would still be regarded as one of the best coasters ever built.  But since it was built last year and number 7 (I think) of GIGAs built in the US.  Most people regard it as a lesser of the GIGA's.  Some argue it isn't a GIGA at all.  It's just all perspective.

For example, if the same BAT was built today most people would not give it much thought after riding a rickety

coaster barely getting over 100ft tall.  But back in the 80's it was the reason you went to KI and waited in line for 4+ hours.

FYI . . I love The Beast and still see it thru my 12 yr old eyes.  The best ride ever . . to my perspective.  :)

I LOVE this explanation!! It makes a lot of sense and has good evidence for proof. Also, I love how you mentioned that Orion isn't even considered as a giga coaster by some. Last I checked, RCDB doesn't even want to classify it as a giga coaster and instead as a hyper coaster:lol:

10 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

I mean Orion is underrated as well.

I guess it is due to the fact that it IS a pretty short ride, and some people think that it isn't even a giga coaster.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:00 AM, Dj325 said:

Last I checked, RCDB doesn't even want to classify it as a giga coaster and instead as a hyper coaster:lol:

All sitdown non-looping B&Ms fall under B&M's "Hyper Coaster" model, regardless of height or drop height. 

If you go to Fury's and Leviathan's RCDB pages, you'll notice they are listed under "Hyper Coaster" as well, along with ones that are under 200 ft in both height and drop such as Goliath at La Ronde to name one example.

That having said, the tired giga classification debate is as simple as this. If one doesn't consider Orion a giga then fine, but Apollo's Chariot and Phantom's Revenge would not be hypers if the logic was to follow.

• Like 5

On 6/25/2021 at 8:56 PM, NegativeGs said:

I voted FoF and I am glad to see at least 10% of people agree with me.

Yeah, I agree with FoF. 

I think The Beast, Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, Banshee and Orion are all legit great coasters. The Bat, Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster are all solid family coasters; if anything, they're all underrated. 

But FoF is becoming the one I could easily skip. The queue theming was fun when it opened, but now it's just a bit tedious and out of date. I think that FoF is a fun ride, don't get me wrong. That launch is fantastic and when the ride is speeding along, it's great. But it's so short, and I think it's becoming one of the rougher rides in the park. I'd love for them to switch up the theming, maybe do an overhaul in the queue with the story to tie it into Area 72 more explicitly and experiment with some special effects (at least stars or for effects, although the latter might be bad on the track) in the spaghetti bowl. As is now, it's just not worth the long wait. 

I did not say Invertigo because I think it's rated just right; I don't know anyone who likes it :-) 

• Like 1