New Info On New Sob Trains!

mbpavilionfan

Don't mention such a horrible accident being so funny, some people may take offense to it and let you know about it! :P

Note: This post is in reference to the hostility exhibited by some members on other topics!

haha yeah watch it and dont use any lol's or haha's

Speaking of such, were any of our members here ever privaledged to ride the Wildcat at Idora or the one in Dayton, Ohio many years ago? I have been told the forces on those coasters were tremendous...laterally speaking!

My parents rode The Wildcat at Idora... To bad it burned down before I had a chance to ride it. It looked really fun.

It looks very rough thanks for the video!

But be careful when posting illegal POV's, that leads to sarcasm, and sarcasm leads to tongue lashings! haha I really cant tell if it is legal or not, but looks awfully shaky to be affixed to the train!

Disclaimer: Members, please remember that there are serious consequences for taking on ride photographs without authorization, not only is this both dangerous but illegal im many states!

Maureen noted that Gerstlauers are the public "word on the street."

It has not been confirmed by the park that the MB ones are the ones being used, or even that Gerstlauer has been selected as the manufacturer. She made a very careful statement...one that a lot of people have read more into than what she said.

Actually what Maureen said was this, "The rumor on the street is that they're 'G-trains'--looks shocked-- Gerstlauer Trains--brief pause-- They're Gerstlauer Trains!"

So, Id say its certain that there Gerstlauers! not to mention thats what KI bought!

Actually what Maureen said was this, "The rumor on the street is that they're 'G-trains'--looks shocked-- Gerstlauer Trains--brief pause-- They're Gerstlauer Trains!"

So, Id say its certain that there Gerstlauers! not to mention thats what KI bought!

We do NOT know that for a fact, sir.

And even if all that is true, there is no way of knowing for what purpose Cedar Fair bought them. They could be at KI only for parts or to be refurbished and then sent to another Cedar Fair park for all we know.

I'm not saying they aren't for Son of Beast, but no one other than Cedar Fair and/or the park itself KNOWS if that is the case or not.

But, Maureen said the trains going on SoB are Gerstlauers, and according to correspondences with MyrtleBeach Pavillion, many members have reported that in fact these trains were sent to Kings Island. Whether they are the Hurricane's trains or not Maureen did in fact say that the trains were Gerstlauers. And that my friends, is what I stated, they had to buy them from somewhere! I stated nothing other than what was obvious and said by Maureen.

Unless of course, You all are suggesting that Maureen just said that they are Gerstlauers to say that they are. I personally dont believe she would do that. On a side note she said that they could decide not to use them, which further implies that the Gerstlauers are KI's current plan for SoB!

But, Maureen said the trains going on SoB are Gerstlauers, and according to correspondences with MyrtleBeach Pavillion, many members have reported that in fact these trains were sent to Kings Island. Whether they are the Hurricane's trains or not Maureen did in fact say that the trains were Gerstlauers. And that my friends, is what I stated, they had to buy them from somewhere! I stated nothing other than what was obvious and said by Maureen.

Unless of course, You all are suggesting that Maureen just said that they are Gerstlauers to say that they are. I personally dont believe she would do that. On a side note she said that they could decide not to use them, which further implies that the Gerstlauers are KI's current plan for SoB!

agreed if they definatly seem to be the plan for sob as of right now .. only time will tell if they are in fact that

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone think this is a temporary solution? Sure, they can buy great trains specially fit for SoB....but why do that if the side is going to be closed? Maybe the ride will be closed in a year or two, and this is just a temporary solution by buying cheap, crappy trains. Go ahead, call me crazy. But another mess up like before and SoB will be done. Yea, the Premier Lap-Bars sucked, but with these G-Trains banging on your legs AND waist....this will be 3 minutes of pure torture. And I am afraid what they will but instead of the loop if it isn't an airtime hill or straight Peice of track. I used to love SoB, it was even a great ride before the incident, but now.....-sigh- this will suck.

Yea, the Premier Lap-Bars sucked, but with these G-Trains banging on your legs AND waist....this will be 3 minutes of pure torture.

You have to give CF more credit than that. I cannot believe that they would buy trains for SoB just to have the same exact ride as we have had for the previous 7 seasons.

There is the possibility that SoB may not even operate this summer if the train issues are not properly resolved. The worst thing that could happen is if CF rushes to get SoB operating just to have the same type ride, or even worse, another incident. That would probably seal the deal for SoB.

But I honestly believe that CF is taking their time to resolve SoB's issues so that it will be a completely different ride even than just taking the loop away. And if that takes more than one year, so be it.

call me crazy, but if i understand correctly, they are updating The Racers. Could it be possible they purchased those trains for The Racer? Again, I am not at all familiar with the trains and gauging on the tracks, so I don't even know if that would work.

Okay now that I saw the video I know the G-trains are for SOB. The only question left is when is it going to open? I do hope Cedar Fair takes their time and fixes SOB right this time around. Also looking from a Marketing point will SOB be the new ride for 2008?