Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/15/2012 in all areas

  1. I simply choose not to pay attention to comments that are not official when it comes to this topic. Makes life easier and makes reading the posts more humorous. Thank you.
  2. 3 points
    I know something else you can do for the internet community. Stop posting.
  3. 3 points
    Cobra - why ask? It's BB1, who likes to talk in the third person and must post in every thread to raise his post count whether he ha something of value to add or not.
  4. I just like this one because of the cool angle! I love all the autumn colors and sunlight Drop Tower looks so eerie Its rare, so of course I love it! I love Drop Tower and this view
  5. Too bad only one of you is SBNO. Really? Isn't this more than a little harsh and at least borderline cyber-bullying? I'm not saying that what Mccarthy said is true or not true but there's no need to attack in such a manner. Yes, really. If someone is willing to make outragous claims, back it up, or be prepared for criticism. If criticism is now considered "cyber bullying" I am most certainly gulity. If you consider using a enthuiast term, on an enthusiast site, "cyber bullying" I am also guilty. And finally, if you consider that to be bullying, life in the real World will certainly come as quite a shock to you. -Brown whose community status update on KIC profile page has been SBNO since March 19, 2010. Perhaps you didn't intend the message to come across as the way I took it. To me when you said it's too bad only one of you is SBNO to me that implies that too bad only one of you is in a vegetative state. There's criticism like how KIfan1980 addressed it and there's what you said which at least seemed as a much deeper insult. Criticism should be constructive and not humor at another's expense that's one of the foundations of bullying. BTW I'm 32yo and far from a spring chicken or even a summer one. I've simply seen the aftermath of when people get attacked with and without warrant, it's the same reason I stay far away from (T)oilet (P)aper ®esidue. I have no intention to keep this line of discussion ongoing as it has nothing to do with the topic in which you have clearly stated your feelings about page after page for years now. If you would like to continue this conversation please feel free to message me I'll be happy to respond. In regards to the topic I do hope that Mccarthy was right in that there will be a decision made before the 2013 season starts. At least let their be some boards removed or added so we could have something a bit more solid to speculate upon.
  6. 2 points
    And it's not even August 16 yet. This is a good day for Holiday World, though. The future of that park now looks much, much brighter than it did yesterday.
  7. I thought donkeys were not allowed in the park?
  8. How has someone not begun a "Bring back the Eagles" campaign? It is completely ridiculous that Paramount moved a beloved AND historically meaningful ride to another park (and clientele) that has no clue of its history. And, as an added kick in the pants, they placed in in Kiddie Land. Bring back the Eagles.
  9. Too bad only one of you is SBNO.
  10. I emailed Cedar Fair, They told me that for 2013 KI will be unveiling the first ever Wing Rider Dueling Ride. It will be the longest steel coasters and feature 8 inversions and 2 "Key Hole" elements. I have no reason to lie, so I'm not going to post the email. And if you don't like it, well then you can just wait till they tell everyone.
  11. With lunch over it was back to The Racer! I was happy that I finally had the time to have a real conversation with Sam the Butcher. Fire-Beast-OF-FEAR & ohiocolts enjoy the front seat! It can’t be said enough how much the enthusiasm of The Racer crew helped make this event the great time that it was! Matt/m2raptor & Sean?, we spent most of the event checking and double-checking our ride numbers…Matt had his counter and I had my sharpie. Between the three of us I think we kept a pretty accurate count. I have no idea what these are or why one of The Racer crew members took a picture of them…not that I mind…anyone want to enlighten me? Brian?…he looked like he was having as much fun as we were. It was now 5 o’clock...actually a hair after…and the event was over… My goal before the event started was 100…I managed to get in 109 rides. I was on the first train out in the morning and never left it except for lunch! (Sean and I even snuck back from lunch a little early and got 2 extra rides in.) I am totally happy with my end count…and it made me appreciate Don’s 112? one day record even more…I don’t know how anyone could ever keep getting out and back in line and make it to 112! At 5:30 we were all invited to a behind-the-scenes tour of The Beast...something that I usually would like to do...but I had family waiting for me in the park so I decided to pass this time...so for me this event was officially over. I would like to thank Give Kids The World, the park & The Racer crew for a great time. It will always be one of my best memories doing these marathons.
  12. Except when he doesn't! Like that famous B&M coaster at Cedar Point, Millennium Force!
  13. Nice photos! And that's as much a compliment to you as it is to The Racer crew. As for ohiocolts' age, I wasn't surprised; his profile page clearly lists his age. Apparently nobody else thought to check that.
  14. that look on his face is: "snap the picture already..." They're a multi-billion $$ company with access to untold photos, and no disrespect to Don, but- is that the best they could come up with? something themed for a kids ride with a middle-aged man in the picture?
  15. Too easy to mispronounce... Which is what makes it a good idea!
  16. Looks like Don is reminiscing about them still being at Kings Island. He could also be thinking of a plan on how to sneak them back!
  17. My wife and I went to KI yesterday with Fast passes and we apparently were the only ones using them - walked on every ride we wanted to (with the guidance of a ride-op, of course). Granted, park attendance didn't seem that heavy, but nevertheless, I can't say enough about spending extra for these. Ironically, the Fast Lane passes allow you to slow down. We were really able to relax and enjoy the whole park at our leisure.
  18. 1 point
    The Woodstock Express? It has been running every time I've been at Kings Island. It uses trains though, which would explain the lack of cars on the track.
  19. Too bad only one of you is SBNO. Really? Isn't this more than a little harsh and at least borderline cyber-bullying? I'm not saying that what Mccarthy said is true or not true but there's no need to attack in such a manner.
  20. But really is it that you are made of wood? Or is it that both of you have been "fixed" **badum bum chinnggggggggg* Huh? Huh? Anybody? Anybody? No? wow...tough room...
  21. ....So...you're saying you are a wooden roller coaster? Da fuq....?
  22. An invalid? Where? Diversion.
  23. Its full of clowns, clowns, and maybe me at sometime , but mostly clowns, and mirrors, and boxes, and black lights, and maybe a guy screaming.
  24. At first, I thought standbyme actually wore that Darth Vader mask while on the ride! Remember Standbyme, this PTR is wonderful and greatly appreciated. It sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to read and see how the rest of your day went!
  25. Great job with what you've posted so far! Keep it coming! I LOVE it! I am a huge Star Wars fan, so that's awesome!
  26. Thanks for what you have so far! You took a picture of me taking a video in that first picture on the 2nd post. Great photos!
  27. ^I believe, the correct term according to Reddit is: "Pics or GTFO."
  28. A couple of weeks ago my kids made it off the Dodgems before my wife and I did. We found them a minute later wandering, in tears, hand in hand, around the building because we weren't right behind them at the exit. The normal exit was closed and the kids realized this before we did, so got out sooner than we. We lost our youngest daughter at DisneyWorld in one of the gift shops in 2010. She was 5 and got cut off from us by the crowd as we made our way across the store. She was scared, mom was scared, I was scared, but her then-7yo brother kept his cool and described her to a cast member. She was quickly found and returned to us. It only takes a second to be separated from your child and it doesn't even have to be inattention on the parents' part. And it can be very scary for both parent and child. The key to staying calm though, is to realize that 99 44/100 % of people are going to help a lost kid or, at worst, ignore them. A lost child will not automatically fall prey to every sex offending pedophile in a 20 mile radius, and the odds of injury are similarly low. Teach a kid to stay put as soon as they realize they are lost, and don't go anywhere with someone not in a uniform. When they were younger we gave them notes they could put in their pockets with our names and cell numbers. Many times we have noticed a child that seemed unattended in a public setting. We will stop and watch the child and people around us until it becomes clear that the child is truly lost/separated or we can identify the family members nearby - usually because they are watching us watch their kid! Parents watch out for each other and the world isn't as dangerous as the news makes it seem. Yes, kids get lost and it is scary. No, the parents aren't cold-hearted criminals. No, the kid won't die if he gets 20 feet away from his family.
  29. Maybe you do already, but I'm guessing not from this statement so - One day, if you end up with kids, you'll know the answer to this question. It is quite easy for even responsible and protective parents to lose track of a well behaved child - as for the yelling, you'd be doing it also as it is quite the scary experience.
  30. I think we have already figured this out.
  31. Source for Cedar Fair owning Kings Island?
  32. Backlot needs water under the bridge.it looks like crap.
  33. When I was a young kid, and we moved from the relative serenity of my birthplace, Mason, Ohio, to the loud, urban maelstrom of suburban Detroit, I suffered from homesickness and often expressed my desire to return to my home by drawing the Eiffel Tower on everything...Etch-A-Sketch, drawing paper, making it out of wood blocks and Legos (obsessed much?) I was like the people in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" with their [although implanted] fixation on Devil's Tower, Wyoming. Teachers and social workers picked up on this, and tried to talk me into accepting that I might not return for many years. I kept believing, though and, through circumstances in my parents' lives, finally moved back to Mason in 1980 with much peace and jubilation. First stop: Kings Island, where I got to go up into the tower for the first time in a long while. I can't explain how special that was, but to a kid it's pretty neat. I never visit the park without at least a stop at Tower Drinks. The tower, as well as the whole park, is a landmark of happiness in my otherwise stormy young life.
  34. Holiday World and Splashin' Safari until now got 100 percent attention from its management team. To say that will continue is to be naive in the extreme. Bluegrass Boardwalk will divert attention from what had been not just the first focus, but the polar star. To say Holiday World will not suffer due to this is at best studied folly.
  35. Guest
    ^Soon they should just turn the entire park into a freaking Haunt attraction.
  36. I sincerely hope they don't remove the Crypt. Although it is nothing like it was when it was Tomb Raider, it is still one of my favorite attractions. Cedar Fair is horrible at theming - or cheap is a better word, but that doesn't mean it should go.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.